'Investment for the Future' - Luke 12:33-34

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus said,] "Sell your possessions and give to those in need. This will store up treasure for you in heaven! And the purses of heaven never get old or develop holes. Your treasure will be safe; no thief can steal it and no moth can destroy it. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be."

Luke 12:33-34 NLT

Key Thought

"What are your primary investment strategies?" I can still remember a financial planner asking me that question. It wasn't his first question ... or second ... but on down the line, he got around to asking it. In a way, Jesus is really challenging us to face that same question in this passage. In the cycles of our national and world economies, there are "lean" times, and there are times of "plenty." No earthly investment strategy is foolproof. Only when we invest in things that are eternal can we invest in things that are truly guaranteed — things that can't be stolen, destroyed, or ruined. So what are you doing to invest in your eternal future? This question is vital because what we value as our true treasure will be the focus of our hearts.

Today's Prayer

Father, help me build a portfolio of grace, marked by generosity to others and a commitment to things that are eternal. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2019 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
SPIgRPVbRM0

Continue reading...

How true this is. ¨the purses of heaven will never get old nor develop holes. Our finantial safety is found in trusting the Lord with everything we have. Give it all away and you will have treasures in glory. Amen

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus continued,] "Sell your possessions and give to those in need. This will store up treasure for you in heaven! And the purses of heaven never get old or develop holes. Your treasure will be safe; no thief can steal it and no moth can destroy it. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Peter said, "Lord, I am ready to go to prison with you, and even to die with you." But Jesus said, "Peter, let me tell you something. Before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will deny three times that you even know me." —Luke 22:33-34 NLT Key Thought One of our weaknesses as mere...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Two others, both criminals, were led out to be executed with [Jesus]. When they came to a place called The Skull, they nailed him to the cross. And the criminals were also crucified — one on his right and one on his left. Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued talking about his return,] "Watch out! Don't let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don't let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times. And pray...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After the Sadducees' question,] Jesus replied, "Marriage is for people here on earth. But in the age to come, those worthy of being raised from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage. And they will never die again. In this respect they will be like angels. They are children of God...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom