I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crunner

Disciple of Prayer
I have had a sexual addiction for the past 4 years, and it has ruined my life. I am losing everything I once found dear. I wish to ask for help, but the last time I did, I was ridiculed by my own father and I became severely depressed. Because of that, I feel like I can't ask for help, but I know it's the only way to become sober. I am only ### so I can't pay for any programs. Everyone, even Christians, tell me it's ok online when I know it's not. Please pray that I can find a way through all this trouble.
 
I AM PRAYING VERY HARD FOR YOUR INTENTION. I PRAY GOD OPENS UP DOORS FOR YOU TO FIND FRIENDSHIP AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORT IN ORDER FOR YOU TO BREAK THIS ADDICTION. I PRAY FOR YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS OF NAZARETH. AMEN AND AMEN.
 
Always remember, prayer is a powerful weapon against both our sinful inclinations and our worries as well. It’s also great for shoring up our good intentions by allowing us to tap into God’s grace! And by all means, don’t forget to turn to our Blessed Mother, for her assistance in prayer as well. Some of these prayers mentioned above include petitions to Our Lady.

God will give us the strength and peace of mind to deal with all our needs if we ask him with love and persistence. Jesus Himself said we are to ask, seek, and knock at the door for what we need in prayer (Matt. 7:7; Luke 11:9). And by all means, keep at it. Perseverance and patience go a long way in our prayer lives and in getting closer to our Lord. Amen!

Our Lord is a Loving God and a FORGIVING GOD!!!! PEACE TO YOU!
 
I have prayed for this. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Churches throughout the U.S. have weekly meetings called Celebrate Recovery. I believe they are free and you buy a workbook. They help people heal from ANYTHING with God's help and support of others. They would have small groups there that focus on sexual addiction. You can try out the groups at several churches, or even attend the programs at several churches so that you have support more than once a week.

This can wreck your future relationships and you are right to get help now. Porn destroys intimacy, it does not enhance it as the claims are. Online porn is much, much worse when it comes to addiction, etc., than magazines were as in decades past. And the teenage brain, still developing, is more easily addicted.

In the meantime, get your computer out of your bedroom or wherever you have been able to use it in private. Make plans to fill that time with other activities.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/teen_booklets/resisting-the-power-of-pornography.aspx

There is a program for men called "Every Man's Battle" focused on porn run by New Life Ministries. (newlife.com) They have weekly support groups, as well as a weekend program (costs several hundred dollars) that gives a more intense start.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I need prayers for divine protection from these evil doers who have been stalking me for ### months now. It started with one and now there are multiple people using their vehicles and revving their engines to disturb my peace. They followed me to my new location and it's really been difficult to...
Replies
11
Views
364
I met a guy and married him 5 months after meeting him and he turned out to have lied about being a Christian and he actually practices witchcraft, the guy I was with a year before that was actually a Satanist and I am being attacked by both of them together now and my husband waited until I was...
Replies
8
Views
212
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,721
Messages
16,780,107
Members
648,264
Latest member
Kiyreanmir

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom