If You Want it, Give it

‘You will be given a full amount in return.’ Luke 6:38 CEV




One night a man came to ###’s house and told her about a family of eight who hadn’t eaten for a week. When she got there she saw the faces of little ones suffering from malnutrition, so she gave them a sack of rice. Then the children’s mother did something interesting. She kept half the rice and went out carrying the other half. When she returned ### asked, ‘Where did you go?’ She answered, ‘To my neighbours; they’re hungry also.’ ### says, ‘I wasn’t surprised that she gave; the poor are usually very generous. But I was surprised that she knew they were hungry. As a rule, when we’re suffering we’ve no time for others.’




The Bible teaches that when you focus on the needs of others God will make sure your needs get met too. (See Ephesians 6:8) So if you want it, give it! Here’s why: (1) Giving is the key to blessing. Jesus said, ‘If you give to others, you will be given a full amount in return. It will be packed down, shaken together, and spilling over into your lap.’ (2) The seed you sow now decides the size of the harvest you’ll reap later. No seed is too little to multiply if you’re willing to sow it. By finding a cause greater than your own self-interest and pouring yourself into it, you discover two things: first, it’s ok to acknowledge your limitations as long as you don’t build your life around them. Second, God’s blessing is released when you give what you have instead of talking about what you don’t have.




So if you want it, give it!




SoulFood: Num 3:1–4:33, Luke 6:1–16, Ps 104:1–23, Prov 3:9–1



 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I haven’t been able to reconcile with my wife. What am I doing. 6+ years wasted. I’m writing these prayers into the void it feels like. I go to church, pray the rosary, and ask for guidance and I just feel alone. I don’t feel like waking up. I just wish it all away
Replies
11
Views
387
Look even a simple job opportunity also doesn't want to give, asked me how to continue believing in him. So now is abstain from him since he can't provide anything.
Replies
6
Views
199
i p;ray for my life to be erase and to be gone
Replies
7
Views
241
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,744
Messages
16,791,881
Members
649,345
Latest member
Vrpaiser

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom