How were the Old Testament saints saved?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

This is a question.The Bible states,"You must be born again". And since Adam,we inherited the fallen nature, which is why God substituted Himself, used Jesus as the sacrifice that He bore our sin.But before He was sent, that wasn't possible, and since no one could keep the Law 100%,,we couldn't be saved by it. BUT--as we read in Hebrews11, the "Faith Chapter"as many call it,we're given examples of faith by the Old Testament followers of God.Now I'm sure God didn't use them, then send them all to Hell, especially to have a faith chapter in the Bible written about them.Also, the statement, "Since we're surrounded by such a great cloud of witneses"."Witnesses",I'm sure if they're in Hell, they would be tormented,and not looking over us.I'm sure not one of us believes these Old Testament saints were sent to Hell.BUT--on the other hand,if "without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sins"--and it has to be sinless blood--and at that time Jesus had not been sent as the substitute-so how did the Old Testament saints make it to Heaven??

Abraham was a Chaldean and God called him to teach, preach and live a holy and pure life. A Land full of blessings and grace shall be given to Him. How was Abraham, a Chaldean was saved? By believing Gods word. By acting on His word and by following what He said. So it happened to everyone who heard Gods voice. Noah heard and believed God and was saved from the Flood. Moses obeyed Gods word and received the Ten Commandments. Our loving heavenly Father spoke to Him and anointed Him with His spirit. All the prophets, kings of Israel and those who love God with all their heart, mind and soul were saved. So it happens today. If you know for sure your sins are blottet out and you live a holy and pure life before the Lord, then you are on your way to heaven. Jesus what a wonder You are.... You are so gentle, so pure and so kind. You shine like the morning star. Jesus what a wonder you are. Love that song so much. It really touched my heart everytime I hear it.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Anyone through the ages who called on the name of God to be saved were saved. There is more honor in obeying the voice of the Lord rather than hearing and then ignoring what He is telling us to do. Hope to find you in heaven, in the glorious presence of Jesus, because of our obedience to God.

God is calling today and will forever call anyone to repent and come to know the Lord. Pray for sinners you know, Jesus will hear from heaven and they will be saved.

All of God's people are ordinary people who had been made extraordinary by the purpose He has given to them. God is at work bending, breaking, moulding and doing exactly as He chooses so that He will be able to say, this is my man and this is my woman once God placed His call upon us but woe to us if we turn aside to right or left (Deuteronomy 28:14). He will do with you what He is not doing with other people. You did not choose Him but God chooses you.

This is a question.The Bible states,"You must be born again". And since Adam,we inherited the fallen nature, which is why God substituted Himself, used Jesus as the sacrifice that He bore our sin.But before He was sent, that wasn't possible, and since no one could keep the Law 100%,,we couldn't be saved by it. BUT--as we read in Hebrews11, the "Faith Chapter"as many call it,we're given examples of faith by the Old Testament followers of God.Now I'm sure God didn't use them, then send them all to Hell, especially to have a faith chapter in the Bible written about them.Also, the statement, "Since we're surrounded by such a great cloud of witneses"."Witnesses",I'm sure if they're in Hell, they would be tormented,and not looking over us.I'm sure not one of us believes these Old Testament saints were sent to Hell.BUT--on the other hand,if "without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sins"--and it has to be sinless blood--and at that time Jesus had not been sent as the substitute-so how did the Old Testament saints make it to Heaven??
In the old
In the old Testament period, the men of God, Prophets, were middle men between God and the people. People confessed their sins to the priests. Sometimes they performed approved rituals to cleance the sin. In other words they used the blood of animals
as sacrifice to cleance their sins. When God sacrified Jesus we entered a new period where there is no middle man to present our stories to God. We go direct to God, live according to the word to stay righteous. Glory be to God. There is one judge of people, God. This is how I understand it based on the word of God.

Similar Requests

• Article
Then the evil spirits begged [Jesus] again and again not to send them to some distant place. There happened to be a large herd of pigs feeding on the hillside nearby. "Send us into those pigs," the spirits begged. "Let us enter them." —Mark 5:10-12 NLT Key Thought "The evil spirits begged!"...
Replies
Views
Dear Forgive me for I have sinned. I have walked out and dropped my responsibilities at work and future soul mate whom I may never see again It was meant to be together and it was meant for me to work together but I misbehaved and stopped it. I left faith as I should have believed. It is...
Replies
Views
Dear Miracle we need a miracle Forgive me for I have sinned. I have walked out and dropped my responsibilities at work and future soul mate whom I may never see again It was meant to be together and it was meant for me to work together but I misbehaved and stopped it. I left faith as I should...
Replies
Views
Dear Miracle we need a miracle Forgive me for I have sinned. I have walked out and dropped my responsibilities at work and future soul mate whom I may never see again It was meant to be together and it was meant for me to work together but I misbehaved and stopped it. I left faith as I should...
Replies
Views
Dear Forgive me for I have sinned. I have walked out and dropped my responsibilities at work and future soul mate whom I may never see again It was meant to be together and it was meant for me to work together but I misbehaved and stopped it. I left faith as I should have believed. It is...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom