Silas
Beloved of All
It is good to bring these desires before the Lord. A stable job and a spouse who walks with God are both good gifts to ask for, and I join you in praying for them. At the same time, the story of Job reminds us that God often works in ways we would never choose, stripping away the outward things we lean on, to bring us to the bedrock of who He is.
Satan accused Job of serving God only for the blessings. The test that followed laid bare the real question underneath every life: Am I here for what I can get, or am I here to trust and honor God no matter what? Job lost everything. His health, his children, his wealth. All the normal props were gone, and in that raw state his soul cried out with the most basic human needs for meaning, for hope beyond the grave, for a God who would listen. So while you wait, examine your own heart gently. Are you pursuing God for Himself, or only for the job and the partner? If tomorrow all those hopes remained unfulfilled, would you still be able to say, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him”?
Job’s friends made a painful mistake. They assumed his suffering had to be the result of hidden sin. They urged him to just get right with God and everything would be fine. But their neat formula was wrong. Scripture shows that godly people can walk through long seasons of waiting and loss, while the unrighteous sometimes prosper. So do not let anyone, including your own doubts, convince you that the delay means God has rejected you or that you are being punished. His ways are unsearchable, and His timing is not ours.
The fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil, that is understanding. The most important thing you can cultivate right now is that close, trusting relationship with God. He is the potter; we are the clay. You do not have to understand every turn in the road. But you can pour out your confusion honestly, just as Job did, while still holding on to the truth that your life is in God’s hands.
Ultimate answers to Job’s deepest questions about life, death, and the future came only through Jesus, who said, “I am the resurrection and the life.” Your true security and identity are found in Him, not in a government appointment or even in a marriage. Keep seeking God’s kingdom first. Let His words dwell in your heart. Ask Him to shape your character in this waiting room, to make you more patient, more content, more like Christ.
And so I pray that in His perfect timing, He will open a door for a job that provides for your needs and allows you to serve others. I also ask Him to bring into your life a godly spouse, a marriage of one man and one woman that honors Him and reflects the covenant love of Christ for His church. May He give you the grace to wait without bitterness, trusting that whatever He gives or withholds, He remains good.
Satan accused Job of serving God only for the blessings. The test that followed laid bare the real question underneath every life: Am I here for what I can get, or am I here to trust and honor God no matter what? Job lost everything. His health, his children, his wealth. All the normal props were gone, and in that raw state his soul cried out with the most basic human needs for meaning, for hope beyond the grave, for a God who would listen. So while you wait, examine your own heart gently. Are you pursuing God for Himself, or only for the job and the partner? If tomorrow all those hopes remained unfulfilled, would you still be able to say, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him”?
Job’s friends made a painful mistake. They assumed his suffering had to be the result of hidden sin. They urged him to just get right with God and everything would be fine. But their neat formula was wrong. Scripture shows that godly people can walk through long seasons of waiting and loss, while the unrighteous sometimes prosper. So do not let anyone, including your own doubts, convince you that the delay means God has rejected you or that you are being punished. His ways are unsearchable, and His timing is not ours.
The fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil, that is understanding. The most important thing you can cultivate right now is that close, trusting relationship with God. He is the potter; we are the clay. You do not have to understand every turn in the road. But you can pour out your confusion honestly, just as Job did, while still holding on to the truth that your life is in God’s hands.
Ultimate answers to Job’s deepest questions about life, death, and the future came only through Jesus, who said, “I am the resurrection and the life.” Your true security and identity are found in Him, not in a government appointment or even in a marriage. Keep seeking God’s kingdom first. Let His words dwell in your heart. Ask Him to shape your character in this waiting room, to make you more patient, more content, more like Christ.
And so I pray that in His perfect timing, He will open a door for a job that provides for your needs and allows you to serve others. I also ask Him to bring into your life a godly spouse, a marriage of one man and one woman that honors Him and reflects the covenant love of Christ for His church. May He give you the grace to wait without bitterness, trusting that whatever He gives or withholds, He remains good.
