Going On A Date

  • Thread starter Thread starter kristie
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kristie

Guest
My husband contacted me and asked if I would like to go to dinner tonight...

Go into this date just in that way also, as a friend. When you can maintain yourself on a friend level, walls that are between you as a couple can come down. This is how my husband and I worked to restoration. It was his idea, that we just go back to the very beginning when we met and be friends again, and the rest would follow just as it did the first time.

He was right, it worked and for the first time in seven years of trying to bring down walls between us...our efforts to do so, they just fell away on their own. We found each other again.

Just some words of advice: No talk of the things that tore down, just a middle ground of friendship and no negative, no pressure, just a safe and pleasant common ground. This will draw him to you, make him feel comfortable around you. Be his buddy, and not just his wife.

That has been one piece of advice my husband has given for standers here. He said to remember what brought you together in the first place and made you fall in love, and go back to there and start over. It works, Especially when you know what things made it go wrong the first the first time and know not to repeat them.

Friendship really is a key component of love, you need one to have the other, and I think my husband is right when he says the love can be there, that is a given, but it is the friendship that gets lost. You love someone but you don't like them. So just go back and develop the friendship and love is just as given as he said.

At the time for me, it seemed like it would be difficult to do, how can you just shuffle it all under a rug kind of thing, but then I found that it was actually very easy, and it was fun as well. We ended up being like two kids just having a good time and slowly moved through that back to the romantic passion. The walls were down and they have never went up again. God bless you and praising our Lord!

###
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I would like to surrender my coffee date with ### on Saturday to Jesus. I would like that it will be a blessing whether we date long term or be friends. I pray that the Lord will guide us and lead us. Bless our bond together. The time and place will bring great memories. It’s the only positive...
Replies
8
Views
137
God, you know my heart as it is. You know that I love this girl but I ask you that even though her answer was not very clear, I beg you to go to her and make her find me and tell me that she accepts that we date. And while I am still waiting for her to come, give me a patient heart. In the name...
Replies
9
Views
135
Life into existence 💯📅FOLD GREATLY I have events in my life TO BE HAPPY. I can date omg I downloaded dating sites im trying to fill out the information it is crashing r u kidding me Satan f u Satan come on let me live a life with a man this is not in Gods will for me to b alone its a bunch of...
Replies
9
Views
50
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,807
Messages
16,781,127
Members
648,364
Latest member
Luyhaven

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom