Nobody is reading this thread right now.

In Genesis 18 the Lord reveals how He communicates with His brethren

Starting at Genesis 18:1, that states "The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground."

Verses 1 - 3 shows how our Lord "appeared to Abraham." The Bible does not say that our Lord "appeared" generally. It clearly states that "The Lord appeared to Abraham." This demonstrates that our Lord reveals Himself as He chooses. If God only "appeared to Abraham," then only Abraham could see or hear or discern/understand what our Lord communicated to Him through His appearance to Abraham.

Ultimately, the "three men standing" in Genesis 18:2 was how our Lord appeared to Abraham. The entire verse says "Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground." NIV

Genesis 18:2 shows that Abraham immediately recognized that the three visitors were sent by our Lord to him. That's what it means when it says "...he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground."

Abraham hurried because he knew that it was the Lord appearing to him. Then, Abraham "bowed low to the ground." This showed that Abraham showed honor and submission to our Lord, even though our Lord appeared to him as three visitors.

Genesis 18:3 says that Abraham "...said, “If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord,[a] do not pass your servant by." This shows that Abraham knew it was our Lord who appeared before him through the visitors because he called them "my lord" and he referred to himself as "your servant."

Genesis 18 brings hope that our Lord reveals Himself however He chooses. I pray that our Lord Christ Jesus will reveal himself to all of us throughout the world so that He can exhibit His supernatural power and authority over all. Amen!

I've got Bible breakdowns at the links below:

https://satansattraction.blogspot.com/2020/06/john-831-44-spirit-v-world-breakdown.html

https://satansattraction.blogspot.com/2020/05/jesus-is-not-liar-and-we-should-trust.html

swcrolls.jpg

God should be our best friend in life. There is no one else we can trust and wait. He wants us all speaking to Him. Wake up and start talking to your heavenly Father. He loves you and cares for you. Sometimes talking to your best friend is the only theraphy we need.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
But very early on Sunday morning the women went to [Jesus'] tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. They found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance. So they went in, but they didn't find the body of the Lord Jesus. As they stood there puzzled, two men suddenly appeared to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else: "Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised [1] tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: 'I thank you, God, that...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Certainly God is no respecter of man, but He cannot go back on His Word to those who step out on faith as He commands. Whatever He purposes to bring His name glory is His good pleasure. What is being witnessed throughout the land is neither evil, nor magic; but rather God honoring His promise...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Beautiful words were written long ago for us to read and obey Gods will. He said... Walk before Me and be blameless. Gen. 17.1 At 99 years old, Abraham believed, trusted and waited for the Lord to show Him His will. Three angels appeared in the plains of Mamre where Abraham lived in tents...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Imagine a group of wives sitting in a coffee shop and sharing about their lives. One topic comes to its natural conclusion, and a long pause lingers. One of the women breaks the silence with just one word: “Men.” Which discussion do you think comes next? A. Praise for their husbands and other...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom