'From All Over' - Mark 1:5

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

All of Judea, including all the people of Jerusalem, went out to see and hear John. And when they confessed their sins, he baptized them in the Jordan River.

Mark 1:5 NLT

Key Thought​

John didn't choose the most accessible location to do his ministry. Instead, he was located in the wilderness. Yet, people came from all over to hear him. Why? Because they were hungry for spiritual food. They longed to hear the voice of God through one of his servants, a true prophet. Distance was no barrier. Confession of their sins and baptism were not barriers. They were hungry for God. Are we hungry for God today? What barriers do we let keep us away from seeking God with all of our hearts?

Today's Prayer​

Father, help me hunger to know you better and serve you more faithfully. Please help me destroy any barriers that I have put between your grace and my need for it. Please, dear Father, never let my pride keep me from hearing your call in my life. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

All of Judea, including all the people of Jerusalem, went out to see and hear John. And when they confessed their sins, he baptized them in the Jordan River.

Mark 1:5 NLT

Key Thought​

John didn't choose the most accessible location to do his ministry. Instead, he was located in the wilderness. Yet, people came from all over to hear him. Why? Because they were hungry for spiritual food. They longed to hear the voice of God through one of his servants, a true prophet. Distance was no barrier. Confession of their sins and baptism were not barriers. They were hungry for God. Are we hungry for God today? What barriers do we let keep us away from seeking God with all of our hearts?

Today's Prayer​

Father, help me hunger to know you better and serve you more faithfully. Please help me destroy any barriers that I have put between your grace and my need for it. Please, dear Father, never let my pride keep me from hearing your call in my life. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Jesus forgives those who come to Him and confess their sins and live a holy and pure life.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Then Jesus stopped the crowd and wouldn't let anyone go with him [to Jairus' house] except Peter, James, and John (the brother of James). —Mark 5:37 NLT Key Thought Jesus worked to grow people at all different levels of relationship and maturity. He invested especially in three apostles who...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So Jesus gave [the evil spirits] permission. The evil spirits came out of the man and entered the pigs, and the entire herd of about 2,000 pigs plunged down the steep hillside into the lake and drowned in the water. —Mark 5:13 NLT Key Thought The evil spirits begged Jesus to grant them their...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Holding [the dead girl's] hand, [Jesus] said to her, "Talitha koum," which means "Little girl, get up!" And the girl, who was twelve years old, immediately stood up and walked around! [The girl's parents and the three disciples] were overwhelmed and totally amazed. Jesus gave them strict orders...
Replies
Views
  • Article
While [Jesus] was still speaking to [the woman who touched his robe to be healed], messengers arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. They told him, "Your daughter is dead. There's no use troubling the Teacher now." But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, "Don't be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus left that part of the country and returned with his disciples to Nazareth, his hometown. The next Sabbath he began teaching in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. They asked, "Where did he get all this wisdom and the power to perform such miracles?" Then they scoffed, "He's...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom