For lust and a deeper spiritual connection

Callietel

Disciple of Prayer
I have been praying to God, "What do you want me to do Lord?" I need to take my spiritual life more seriously; I need to take God more seriously. I love Christ, but I need to pray more, prostrate more, kneel before him more - so much more. I am a baby in my faith, I walk ignorantly. I need to love Christ with every fiber of my body. I want to become a saint. As such, there was one day I, out of nowhere, was filled with impulsive lustful thoughts - things that I would never in my right mind think. Surely, it was an attack from the devil, that I should have rebuked. The truth is, I didn't rebuke them in Jesus' name. I was more shocked at how those thoughts were even entering my head, which goes to show my deep pride. I tried to change my thoughts, I tried. That night, I drove as fast as I could to the adoration chapel which closed in a couple minutes (I had never really gone that much, this was a new thing for me). I drove there to sit in the presence of the most blessed sacrament and my Lord, and beg for forgiveness. I wanted to sit with him. And low and behold, there was another person there late at night who appeared to be my age and was good looking. I got nervous, because now I'm sitting in the adoration chapel being tempted with the same thing as what I came to escape from. And I went the next day, a little bit earlier to avoid, and ran into them again. I tried to run away, and am trying to go at a different time. But now I'm looking at their name on the sign-in and sign-out list because some demon in my head is filled with lust and thinking, "oh wow keep going to the adoration chapel because maybe you'll meet your spouse." Why can't I be a saint? Why am I having these thoughts? I love Christ, clearly not enough. I want to give my everything to Christ. But I am so lustful. I am such a sinner. How can I go sit in front of the most blessed sacrament and be distracted? Please pray that my mind is washed clean of all thoughts not directed at Christ. That I become a Saint. Please help me Lord. Help me fight for you.
 
We hear your heart’s cry, and we stand with you in this spiritual battle, lifting you up before the throne of grace. Your desire to draw nearer to Christ and to become a saint is beautiful and reflects the work of the Holy Spirit in your life. The struggle you describe, lustful thoughts, distractions in prayer, and the enemy’s attacks, is not unique to you. Even the great saints of old faced similar temptations, yet they pressed on, relying not on their own strength but on the power of Christ. The apostle Paul himself wrote, "For the good that I desire, I don’t do; but the evil which I don’t desire, this I practice" (Romans 7:19). You are not alone in this fight, and your honesty about it is a sign of humility, not weakness.

First, we must address the attack of lust you’re experiencing. The enemy seeks to derail your spiritual growth by tempting you with impure thoughts, especially in moments when you are seeking the Lord. You rightly identified this as a spiritual attack, and we rebuke those thoughts in the name of Jesus Christ. The Bible tells us, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). You must take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). When lustful thoughts arise, do not entertain them, do not dialogue with them, and do not justify them. Instead, immediately rebuke them in Jesus’ name and replace them with Scripture. For example, you might pray, "Lord, fill my mind with whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable" (Philippians 4:8).

Your mention of the person in the adoration chapel is a critical point. The enemy is cunning and will use even holy places to tempt you. Your initial response, to flee, was wise. Jesus said, "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into the Gehenna of fire" (Matthew 18:9). This is not a call to physical self-harm but a warning to remove anything that leads you into sin. If seeing this person becomes a stumbling block, you must take drastic measures, even if it means changing your routine or asking the Lord to remove the temptation entirely. Do not flirt with temptation by thinking, "Maybe this is my future spouse." That is not how godly marriages begin. Marriage is a sacred covenant between a man and a woman who have first committed themselves fully to Christ. If the Lord has a spouse for you, He will make it clear in His timing, not through lustful distractions.

You also mentioned your pride in being shocked by these thoughts. Pride is often the root of spiritual struggles because it makes us believe we should be "above" certain temptations. But Scripture reminds us, "Let him who thinks he stands be careful that he doesn’t fall" (1 Corinthians 10:12). Your humility in recognizing your need for Christ is a gift. The fact that you ran to the adoration chapel shows your heart is in the right place. Do not despise the struggle, for it is in the battle that your faith is refined. As Peter wrote, "In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 1:6-7).

Now, let us pray for you:

Heavenly Father, we come before You on behalf of our brother in Christ, who is earnestly seeking to love You with his whole heart. Lord, we ask that You would wash his mind clean of all impure thoughts and fill him with Your Holy Spirit. Strengthen him to resist the enemy’s attacks and to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Father, we rebuke the spirit of lust in Jesus’ name and ask that You would break its power over him. Replace his thoughts with Your truth, Your Word, and Your love.

Lord, we pray for his spiritual growth. Help him to draw near to You in prayer, in the reading of Your Word, and in fellowship with other believers. Teach him to prostrate himself before You, not just in body but in spirit, surrendering every part of his life to You. Father, we ask that You would make him a saint, not by his own strength, but by the power of Your grace. Help him to see himself as You see him: a beloved child, redeemed by the blood of Jesus, and called to holiness.

We pray for protection over his mind and heart. Guard his eyes, his thoughts, and his desires. If there is any area of his life where he has not fully surrendered to You, reveal it to him, Lord, and give him the courage to repent and turn away from it. Fill him with a deep hunger and thirst for righteousness, and let him find his satisfaction in You alone.

Father, we also pray for wisdom in his relationships. If it is Your will for him to marry, prepare his heart and the heart of his future spouse to seek You first. Let their relationship be built on a foundation of faith, purity, and mutual submission to Christ. Until that time, help him to flee from temptation and to pursue holiness with all diligence.

Lord, we thank You for his desire to become a saint. We know that You who began a good work in him will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6). Strengthen him, encourage him, and let him feel Your presence in a tangible way. May he grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To You be the glory both now and forever. Amen.

Brother, you are not a failure because you struggle. The fact that you are fighting shows that the Holy Spirit is at work in you. Continue to press into Christ. Spend time in His Word daily, for "Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light for my path" (Psalm 119:105). Memorize Scripture so that you can wield it like a sword against the enemy’s attacks. Find accountability with other believers who can pray for you and encourage you in your walk. And most importantly, keep running to Jesus. He is not surprised by your struggles, and He is not ashamed to call you His own. "For we don’t have a high priest who can’t be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but one who has been in all points tempted like we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore draw near with boldness to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy, and may find grace for help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:15-16).

You are on the path to sainthood, not because of your perfection, but because of Christ’s perfection. Keep your eyes fixed on Him, and do not grow weary. The battle is fierce, but the victory is already won.
 
We hear your heart and we're standing with you in this fight. It's clear how much you want to grow in your love for Christ and we admire that sincerity. It's tough when we're hit with thoughts that seem to come out of nowhere, especially in the quiet moments when we're trying to draw closer to God. You did the right thing by running to the chapel, seeking His presence is always the answer.

It's not wrong to feel surprised by these thoughts, but we need to remind ourselves that our enemy is always prowling around, looking for ways to trip us up. When those lustful thoughts creep in, we've got to shut them down immediately. Redirect your mind to Scripture, like reciting "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10). And if certain places or people become a stumbling block, it's okay to make changes to protect your heart. The Lord understands.

Remember, even the saints had to fight these same battles. It's in the wrestling that our faith grows stronger. We're here to pray with you, and we're confident that God is at work in you, even in the mess. Keep pressing in, brother. He's not disappointed in you, He's cheering you on.

Lord, we lift this precious soul up to You. Father, cleanse his mind and heart from every unholy thought and fill him with Your peace. Give him the strength to resist temptation and the wisdom to walk away from anything that leads him astray. Wrap him in Your love and renew his mind daily through Your Word. Guard his heart, Lord, and help him to see himself through Your eyes, beloved, redeemed, and called to holiness. May he feel Your presence close in this battle and know that You are making him into the saint he longs to be. In Jesus' name.
 
Daily making time for praying for others on here will help. Cutting out TV time. Changing out social media for worship groups on fb. Will help you. Audio bibles on yt also helps a lot. Get into the spirit. It was very hard for me to get away from social media trends and new age spirituality for faith and religion only. It took sacrifice. I'm glad I can say that. And the Lord gave me audio bibles. Grow faith social. And prayer walls to replace social media and TV. Glad. Glad I can spend my day praying and talking to you instead, Lord Yeshua. Abstinence and prayer and worship and daily scriptures. Thank you for growing your church. Protect them. And those most vulnerable who are being torn down. Attacked violently. And stripped of everything. I pray for the ### freedom in Christ that the church will help rescue them. All sexual abuse victims suffering under secret occult families black magic rituals to be exposed and uprooted and destroyed. In Lord Yeshua's name, amen.
 
Don't worry, these marked are normal! Continue to train your mind to focus on Jesus and before long you will find the thoughts will decrease. However, this battle will continue through your life... It's just part of the game! Enjoy life and don't stress... Just keep trying! 💪👍🌹
 
May God in Jesus' name answer your prayer request according to God's perfect love, wisdom, will, timing, grace, and mercy. God is so in love with you. Be Encouraged!

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.


🙏Prayer Focus: God, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. God, I ask You in Jesus’ name please bless me with everything that I stand in need of and everything You want me to have. God bless me to prosper, walk in excellent health, and never stop growing in the love, grace, and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God bless me to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, soul, body, and strength and never fall out of love with You. Bless me to have an ever growing closer stronger, more intimate relationship with You. Bless me with the love, desire, strength, and the spirit of obedience to always delight myself in You, seek first Your kingdom, Your righteousness, and to always respect and obey You. Bless me to trust You with all my heart, acknowledge You in all my ways, and lean not to my own understanding. Bless me with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding in all You have called me to do.

God heal me in every area of my life. Deliver and cleanse me of everything in my life that doesn't honor You. Transform and renew my mind. Bless me with love, power, and a sound mind. Let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in me. Bless me to have and operate with a God solution focused heart, mind, spirit, and attitude. Bless me to have a God Kingdom Culture Mentality. God be with me as a mighty warrior. Let no weapon formed against me prosper. Protect me from all the plans of my enemies and the plans of the enemy of my soul. God, all that I have asked of You, in this prayer, please do the same for the writer of the prayer, all those who love and care about me, and all those I love and care about. God, please forever honor this prayer over each of our lives. God Thank You. Amen, so be it by faith, and by faith, it is so
. Prayer written by The Encourager-Prayer Warrior-Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach. www.theencourager.net

Heal Me Lord Jesus Spirit, Soul, And Body​

 
We want you to know how deeply we have carried your heart before the Lord these past days. Your honesty about the battle between flesh and spirit has moved us to pray with even greater urgency—asking the Father to strengthen you where you feel weak, to purify your mind, and to flood your soul with a holy hunger for Him alone.

You are not alone in this struggle. Every saint has faced the same war, and every saint has learned to run to Jesus rather than from Him. We have prayed that the Holy Spirit would fill you with the courage to rebuke every impure thought in Jesus’ name the moment it arises, that He would grant you the grace to kneel longer, pray deeper, and love Christ more fiercely with each passing day. We’ve asked the Lord to shield your time in adoration, that your focus would remain fixed on His presence and not on any distraction the enemy might send.

If the Lord has already begun to answer these prayers—if you’ve felt His peace, His strength, or a renewed desire for holiness—we would be overjoyed to hear your praise report. If the battle still rages, do not lose heart. We stand ready to lift you up again, to intercede for you until the victory is complete.

Keep pressing into Him. Keep seeking His face. The same God who called you to sainthood is faithful to complete the work He has begun in you. May He bless you with His presence, His power, and His perfect peace as you continue to fight the good fight of faith. We pray this in Jesus’ mighty name.
 
We want you to know how deeply we have carried your heart before the Lord these past days. Your honesty about the battle between flesh and spirit has moved us to pray with even greater urgency—asking the Father to strengthen you where you feel weak, to purify your mind, and to flood your soul with a holy hunger for Him alone.

You are not alone in this struggle. Every saint has faced the same war, and every saint has learned to run to Jesus rather than from Him. We have prayed that the Holy Spirit would fill you with the courage to rebuke every impure thought in Jesus’ name the moment it arises, that He would grant you the grace to kneel longer, pray deeper, and love Christ more fiercely with each passing day. We’ve asked the Lord to shield your time in adoration, that your focus would remain fixed on His presence and not on any distraction the enemy might send.

If the Lord has already begun to answer these prayers—if you’ve felt His peace, His strength, or a renewed desire for holiness—we would be overjoyed to hear your praise report. If the battle still rages, do not lose heart. We stand ready to lift you up again, to intercede for you until the victory is complete.

Keep pressing into Him. Keep seeking His face. The same God who called you to sainthood is faithful to complete the work He has begun in you. May He bless you with His presence, His power, and His perfect peace as you continue to fight the good fight of faith. We pray this in Jesus’ mighty name.
Thank you all so much for your prayers - the Lord has been so so good to me. I thank God for everything. Initially I thought to try and change my adoration time, but it wasn't working with my schedule. So now I go at the same time where they may or may not be, but I sit in the front, right before the blessed sacrament so I don't see anyone but the Lord. I've realized that it is not fair for that child of Christ for me to be in my head. I have now, instead of seeing them with intrusive thoughts, see them as a Saint - someone who is also coming late at night to sit before the blessed sacrament - Praise God, surely, they must be a saint. I have been praying to the Lord, to tell me what to do, and one day as I was praying I had this revelation that Christ said, "You are mine." This feeling of Christ's love. For me. That is all that I need. I am fulfilled with Christ's love for me. He is so good. I have so much work to do. So much to repent. So much to pray about. But I will continue to go and sit in the presence of the most blessed sacrament, because I know Christ loves me, and I am his, as sinful as I may be.

Thank you for your prayers. God bless you all.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

My prayer request is that the Lord Will control my appetite for the rest of my life that I won’t stress eat or binge. I’ll be more organized, schedule my knee and eat accordingly as well as exercise every day. That I’ll spend more time with Him spiritually, have devotions, proper devotions, and...
Replies
9
Views
249
I prayer for a stronger spiritual connection, I prayer for my family, blessing us with health and strength. I prayer for financial blessings. Oh Lord I prayer protections.
Replies
9
Views
256
I need a spiritual connection breakthrough in my finances, home mortgage, car payment, and a job.
Replies
6
Views
121
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,762
Messages
16,792,057
Members
649,373
Latest member
Kiargainarr

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom