Focus Completely On The Lord And Nothing Else

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kristie

Some of the junk that we have to be cleaned of is letting our flesh distract us from focusing completely on the Lord and nothing else. Being able to shut everything else out, our marriages, our spouses, our needs, our troubles, ourselves, and just centering on Him alone. That is where joy and peace reside, just basking in Him and worshiping Him, our minds free from all other things. That is one of the biggest works that God does in us.

And don't seek what you will eat, and what you will drink, neither be of doubtful mind.

For all these things the nations of the world seek after: but your Father knows that you have need of these things.

Yet seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you.

(Luke 12:29-31)
We do not have to think about all those other things, because God has them in His hands which are very safe and capable of handling them without our help. When you can leave them there completely and just focus on Him and Him alone, then all that worry and emotional stuff will stabilize and the boat will stop being tossed about for you. It is something that He changes in us, our ability to do that, because this is not just something you need here and now in this present trial, but for the rest of your life in all trials that may come.

When you do not have that stability, then it is hard to have the faith you need to push on through to victory. It is a boat tossed on the waves and that is a hard place to be. You just have to bury yourself in God to get there, His word, praising Him, talking with Him and not just about your troubles, but about your relationship with Him.

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and does not upbraid; and it will be given him.But let him ask in faith, doubting nothing: for he who doubts is like the surge of the sea driven by the wind and tossed.

For do not let that man think that he will receive anything of the Lord;

a man who is double-minded, unstable in all his ways.

(James 1:5-8)
Mind set yourself to spend time with God where you are not seeking anything for yourself, but just seeking wisdom and knowledge of Him.

There is a song that goes something like "More love, more faith, more power". It is a repetitive song that is simply seeking nothing but more of God, for Him to come down to you and fill you with more of His love, His faith, His power. Dedicate time everyday to just seek more of God, even if you have to forgo prayer time about your situation.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhbyISg66q8

When you seek more of God, He will keep you covered in all else. More of God will bring you the victory faster then more of hubby and your marriage, and that is basically what is being said here.

Kristie

Last edited:
Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Requests

Dear Lord, I am coming to you today with a weary heart. I am losing hope with Karl. I really thought he will change when he comes back, but I still feel discarded and unseen. I feel taken advantage of. And as much as I want him to commit, I am afraid that he might never want that as well...
Replies
Views
Heavenly Father, I stand before you today with a very very confused heart. I am praying that you help me discern what is for me and not for me. Karl just called me after a week of no contact. Up to now, I am still in the state of shock. I can’t believe he was the first one to break no contact...
Replies
Views
We all need Jesus and more of Jesus. Why aren’t we as a whole Thanking and Praising Him for the good in our lives even if some things appear as bad in our eyes for a moment? Don’t we Love Jesus just for what He did for Us at the cross? Was the cross bad for Him or did it draw Us all to Him...
Replies
Views
Dear Jesus in heaven We came across a beautiful Labrador in the Shelter. For some reason we were called to this dog we weren’t even looking for another dog after losing our beloved doggy to a sudden illness last year. We have tried to search for a rescue organization that could pull the Labrador...
Replies
Views
I'm lifted up on your prayers. Please continue to pray. I need to get through this. I cry all the time. It's not just this situation. It's a culmination of things that have built up. Big stuff. Scott is happy after 2 months , with someone else. Where us God???? I'm losing hope and my faith. I...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom