Filled with Joy! (Nov 23rd)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Verse
And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.

Acts 13:52 tniv

Thought
Soup and sandwich. Love and marriage. Horse and carriage. These go together according to a couple of old songs. But there are two things that go together far better than any of these. No, I am not talking about ham and eggs — or green eggs and ham. I am talking about the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit within us and the deep rivers of lasting joy. When you find the Holy Spirit present in a person, you will also find joy. This joy is part of the irrepressible grace of God's presence within us through the Holy Spirit, bringing us assurance that our future is assured in him. The Spirit leads us and guides us in the present moment. The Spirit is at work conforming us to Jesus throughout our lives. The Spirit intercedes for us when we pray and fills us when we sing. The Spirit is the reminder of our future glory as we are molded with ever-increasing glory into the likeness of Jesus. Yes, the Spirit brings joy. Sometimes it is the giddiness of delight in experiencing God's presence. Sometimes it is comfort in the worst of disasters. Other times it is just that gentle assurance that we are not alone. But underneath it all, like the heartbeat in our chest, is the joy of the Spirit reminding us that we are God's child.

Prayer
O God, my Abba Father, thank you for the joy I have in knowing that I am yours and that you live in me through the Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2016. All rights reserved.

dKC1lZhz1n8
View the full article

Similar Requests

• Article
Only Jesus can do this to all of us who seek His face on a daily basis. He said. When you come to Me unbidden, beckoning us to come to Him and find peace, joy and happiness in your life. Then, God Himself will come to you and bless your life. And then you and me will start singing... There...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This ability of God to be present in the middle of a great or small crowds is heavenly as you practice gratitude, give God the credit of every single blessings He sends your way. Recognize on a daily basis how God is speaking down to your soul and wants you to be just like He is. Thou o Lord...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The joy of the Lord is our strenght. When you are sad, full of worry and fear, when no one understands what you are going through, call on the Lord. Ask Him that the precious Holy Spirit fill you with His presence and the joy and peace of the Lord will fill your heart with joy. Thou will...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My heart thrists for the presence of the Lord. When I am sleep, Jesus wakes me up and tells me, it is time to praise the Lord. It is time to talk to Your heavenly Father who loves you with an everlasting love and cares for you. God is a real person. He is all around us. He want us all full...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus was filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit, ... —Luke 10:21 NLT Key Thought All too frequently, we pursue the wrong things hoping that they will make us happy. Real joy, however, comes from the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. When we look at the life of Jesus and at the lives...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom