Feelings And Praise

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

As I was here thinking of what can I post today to encourage someone, and especially myself? I noticed that I didn’t “feel†like it. That got me to thinking about feelings. We all have feelings. Thousands of them, most of them we cannot even put into words. Sometimes we live according to what we are feeling and we react to others according to how we are feeling.

This week was an example. I asked my h can we go for a drive he said he didn’t feel like going for a drive. I immediately turned the car around and went to get on my bike and leave. He asked if I was mad. I go, when you are going to get it, there is nothing you can do to get me mad anymore. Then he looked sad. I realized that because I was hurt I had hurt him because he was feeding off of my feelings. I was hurt but when I saw that I had hurt him it totally diffused me. And we talked kind of, and I said we are ok. He said ok. I will come down the house later.

Because he didn’t want to go for a drive I felt hurt. He hadn’t done anything wrong he just wasn’t in the mood. I made a bad situation because I lived and reacted according to my feelings. He was in a good mood. He had even asked how was my day, which he hardly ever does. And I messed up.

We cannot let our feeling dictate our actions. We don’t always realize why people are doing or saying what they are doing or saying. We put them in our world and expect them to act and react according to what we feel. They are individuals as well with feelings and sometimes it has nothing to do with us why they do something. Just like sometimes it has nothing to do with them how we react or do something.

One strong “feeling†we all think we have is love. Do you know that love is not a feeling? If love was a feeling we would not be commanded to love by God. Love is an action. It is a verb, a doing word. As Christians we love even when we don’t feel like it. This is what Jesus has commanded and taught us. Do you think Jesus felt love while he was teaching here on earth? He was rejected, ridiculed etc. But he always showed love. To everyone. He rebuked in love and taught in love; had compassion in love.

Paul tells us we need to rejoice Always. And then he repeats it again. I know a lot of us while we are going through what we are going through may look at this verse and say “yeah, Right, you don’t know what I am going through. You don’t know my pain, rejection, hurt, problems etc. But look at Paul he did know and he said he has learned to be content in any situation; if he is in plenty or in want. We have to get there. We cannot say we will not rejoice or praise God unless we feel like it. Don’t you know that the more you Praise God and rejoice in his majesty the more you will “feel like it?â€

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I am not saying not to have feelings we all do, as I stated thousands of them, but let us not live by them. Let us live by the solid rock of Jesus. Let us look at all God has done for us even through our trials. Majority of us have never had such a deep and true relationship with God until our trials came and shook us to our core. So let us praise God for everything no matter how small, let us love everyone no matter what we feel they have done wrong to us.

Nobody deliberately goes out to hurt someone else for no reason. That is my firm belief. If we were to talk to the OP in our spouse’s life they will tell us that they are responding to a feeling that our spouse projected to them, be it love, seduction, or pity. They felt they were doing something good for someone else the best way that they could. So let us love everyone no matter what; we do not know what they are going through. Satan has them captive. Most of them are now living by feeling as well, first it was fun, joy, love excitement, whatever; now a lot of them are feeling insecure, scared fearful hurt rejected, just as we did when we found out about what our spouses did.

Looking at it this way, we are in a better position than anyone and can have empathy for them regardless of what has happened; because we know firsthand how they feel. So let us love and pray for everyone including our spouses. That is what we have been commanded to do. And you know what?? The more we do, the more we will “feel†like doing it. You cannot hate a person you are earnestly and truly praying for.

That is my though for today. I hope it helps. Another topic has come to me while doing this but I will save it for another time. Be blessed and love everyone.

Matthew 22:37–39
Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' (NKJV)

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Similar Requests

• Article
I had a burden for all of them, like fans coming out of nowhere, they show up and tells you things that only Jesus knows what is going on in their life. Some are lonely living in a remote area, while others are living in a crowded city where no one cares or speaks to them. Some a wealthy, some...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus wants to send blessings upon blessings on those who seek Him and love Him with all their heart, mind and soul. He wants all of them healed, helped and blessed in their life. Revival in our heart and our churches is not just an emotional experience, but it is a resetting of our hearts...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My church has been open to receive many of single mothers who are in need and wanted to get saved and be on their to heaven. Raising children as single mother is not an easy task. At times they can feel overwhelmed and want to hide the needs they have. Only Jesus can help them keep going on...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Fasting and praying daily for those who are in sin and doing evil against the Lord. Jesus clearly said. Thou shall love others. He did not say, thou shall steal from others. So, let us all be on our knees before the Lord for saving those lost souls who are stealing all your personal...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 8–10 , Hebrews 13 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Could you be angry?” - Genesis 4:6 He did many things well, but there was a problem. Everyone saw it. Yet because he was so effective in accomplishing most of his role, his anger issue wasn’t adequately addressed. He was...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom