FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

cross-792538_1920300X400.jpg
A couple of days ago, a "28-year-old Australian citizen Brenton Harrison Tarrant, was charged with mass murder. He gunned-down at least 50 people. " Authorities found an 87-page manifesto filled with anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim ideas. On February 14, 2018, there was another senseless mass murder where 17 people were killed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

As a result of the after-math Parkland High School, students became embolden to spoke out about the governments' failure to take gun control legislation serious. Consequently, these young people went even further, "they did something most mature American's have failed to do." Parkland survivors called to lead chose to stand in the gap for all people affected by, and against sensible gun control by calling out government officials who pretend to know God well enough to get a prayer through. You see, these young people like many were sick of hearing the "powers that be" say, "we are praying for something?" Furthermore, Parkland said they need to do more than pray!

So let's first put the statement into perspective. Parkland students were not suggesting that prayer is ineffective. Instead, they were telling the world, both Christians and not that prayer without action are ineffective. I understand them. At some point, we must be bold enough to confront that which is unbecoming of Christ even when it's unpopular, makes some uncomfortable or calls for change.

Jesus didn't hide behind the cloth, He got out in front of it. Unless we are willing to venture from our comfort zones there will be no significant change.

Why? Because the Bible says so :

Faith Without Works Is Dead
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without [a]your works, and I will show you my faith by [b]my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is [c]dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made [d]perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was [e]accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Last edited:
From the begining of the earth we were chosen to be Gods very own. He has come to us and saved us for a reason. But we must have faith in Him to believe His word, to trust everything He said and to live a life that pleases Him. Those who say I believe in Jesus but do not the works He told us to do, then their faith is in vain. By their fruits ye shall know them.... Says the Lord.

Deep faith in God will make our life so wonderful, We shall walk in the steps of Jesus. Teaching, preaching, loving others and doing what Jesus loved. Praying, speaking to His heavenly Father wherever He went He was in close contact with Him. Our spirit will be alive with His holy presence. Come Holy Spirit we need You. Come Holy Spirit of peace. We need Him more than anything else in this world.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Action is your follow up to faith. It should not be invisible rather indivisible from faith. We must faithfully participate in action as we must actively participate in faith. "What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?" -James...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Wisdom is often counter-intuitive. It is not what seems sensible to many. Yet, true wisdom will be advantageous in the end. (Borrowed text) This is the wisdom of God. Who are Wisdom's children? Despite the appearance of the outer cup, we are they, being reborn of LOVE, have wisdom's DNA of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
First thing first. Absolute faith conquers fear absolutely. Be of good courage says the Lord. Fear is driven by hate, while faith is driven by Love. Hate brings destruction, while Love builds. However fear can be powerful if one does not keep it in check. Fear promotes fight or flight. The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
19 Jesus then said, ‘At one time, there was a rich man who had very expensive clothes. This rich man ate big meals every day. 20 There was also a poor man called Lazarus. He had sores all over his body. He lay outside the gate of the rich man. 21 He was very hungry. He wanted to eat the bits of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
"Running with the horses" Which, in this generation, in this assignment, seems to be the "horsepower" under the hoods of the vehicles that gather every night to torment. Why did God use the analogy of horses? Could it be that He knew it would transcend generations. WOW!!! He's Absolutely...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom