'Escape Jerusalem; Expect Jesus' Coming' - Luke 21:20-28

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued his warnings,] "And when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then you will know that the time of its destruction has arrived. Then those in Judea must flee to the hills. Those in Jerusalem must get out, and those out in the country should not return to the city. For those will be days of God's vengeance, and the prophetic words of the Scriptures will be fulfilled. How terrible it will be for pregnant women and for nursing mothers in those days. For there will be disaster in the land and great anger against this people. They will be killed by the sword or sent away as captives to all the nations of the world. And Jerusalem will be trampled down by the Gentiles until the period of the Gentiles comes to an end.
"And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken. Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on a cloud with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!"

Luke 21:20-28 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus warned that the destruction of Jerusalem would come. The inhabitants needed to be ready to escape that disaster. Many of the Christians of Jerusalem heeded Jesus' words and did escape to safety when the time came. So they needed not to fear, only look forward to that day with hope and confidence. But for us, there will also come a time when Jesus will come again and return in glory with salvation. We, too, need to look forward to that day with hope and confidence, knowing that even in our worst moments, the LORD is near and his return can come at any time.

Today's Prayer​

Gracious God and Almighty LORD, I look forward to the day of Jesus' return in glory. Use me to help others prepare for that day and to be ready to greet it with confidence. Until then, make my hope in your Son's return burn brightly in my heart until the sky shines brightly with his glory. In his name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Those signs Jesus told us to see and hear are these, wars, rumors of wars, the rise of sin and evil, false teachers and preachers shall come and deceive many. All I am hoping right now is to see Jesus face to face and to thank Him for dying on the cross for me.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
One time Jesus entered a house, and the crowds began to gather again. Soon he and his disciples couldn't even find time to eat. When his family heard what was happening, they tried to take him away. "He's out of his mind," they said. —Mark 3:20-21 NLT Key Thought Sometimes those people who...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued talking about his return,] "Watch out! Don't let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don't let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times. And pray...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus got into the boat again and went back to the other side of the lake, where a large crowd gathered around him on the shore. Then a leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, arrived. When he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet, pleading fervently with him. "My little daughter is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After talking about his return to his disciples, Jesus] gave them this illustration: "Notice the fig tree, or any other tree. When the leaves come out, you know without being told that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you can know that the Kingdom of...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom