• Welcome. Feel free to look around a few pages before getting started.
    Ready to Post Your Prayer Request and join us for full access?
    It's free and takes just a moment. Get Started

Embrace The Fire Of God!

faithope

Good and Faithful Servant
Embrace the Fire of God!
by Bobby Conner
May 17, 2012
It is absolutely essential that the Body of Christ embrace the consuming flame of God’s Holiness if we are to encounter the power of His Presence. There can be no true union of His Spirit without purity. The Spirit of Truth is at this time releasing a pure passion for Christ Jesus that will provoke us to purity (see 2 Corinthians 7:1). God will pour out His power without measure if He can find a people without mixture. The eyes of the Lord run up and down the earth looking for a people with a pure heart in order to show Himself strong on their behalf (see II Chronicles 16:9).
It is only with clean hands and a pure heart that we will ascend the hill of the Lord. It is in the hill of the Lord that we receive the commissioning and the authority that the Spirit of God longs to release to the Body of Christ (see Psalms 24:3-4). Do you hear the call to advance upward? The invitation is extended to come higher in order for us to see farther and hear more clearly (see Revelation 4:1-5). Only as we go higher will we be able to see what the Lord’s plans are for us. The writer of Hebrews warns, “For our God is a consuming fire†(Hebrews 12:29), and we see that our God is holy and He demands that we be holy.
We can be sure anything that the fire of the Lord consumes we did not need anyway. We would do well to also pay attention to this stern warning concerning the consuming fire of God, “For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God†(Deuteronomy 4:24).
The jealousy of God has been aroused for His people and He is calling us unto Him. “For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ†(II Corinthians 11:2). Of this fact be certain Christ Jesus will not share His Bride with the ways of the world.
The message is sounding out, it is the call for us to come out from among the wicked ways of the world and embrace the purity that Christ will release for all who seek Him with their whole heart. Please hear my heart’s cry; it is a cry for love and loyalty not the regulations and rules of man’s legalism.

Do You Know How to Pray?

Click Here to Read Vital Prayer

Action238

Account Closed
Amen,well said.... Man's rules and regulations always get in the way of God...Lord let Your Truth be revealed for all, may Peace guide us to You and may Your Mercy cover us in all we say and do. Let Grace keep us forever in obedience to Your Word and Will...God bless and preach it. Its the Truth anyway.....

MonicainNorway

Account Closed
Thank's for sharing this....I love it!:eek:) Abba Father, have mercy on us and cleans us from everyting that is not pleasing You, in Jesus Holy Name, Amen!

Ronny

Servant
Faithope,you've always been a great sister to me.First,I'm not trying to argue,please understand that.I understand not mixing with the world and all that but when does it become the work of God in us and not of our own works (man trying to earn God's approval).When I strive to do good or be holy,I fail.When I let go and rest in Christ,I succeed.Are you talking about the purpose driven Church?Please explain further.Maybe iron could sharpen iron here "in love",you know,Scipture for Scripture,helping each other out.Please don't be offended but I think our Lord finished everything for us.We are just allowed to hold on to His accomplishments and rest in them.I just can't see past Jesus not getting all the glory in us,by us and through us.All of Him kind of thing.Thanks

faithope

I understand your viewpoint, Ronny :) I guess this message is more of a wakeup call for Christians who are using the grace message as a big coverup for their sinful lifestyle.

Reading Revelation Chapter 2 right up to chapter 3, Jesus repeatedly said "I know your works" to all the seven churches..sounds more like an effort that we need to be working on (Rev.2:5 and 3:2), which He gave a thumbs up on that, rather than we just cruising on His cross.

Basically, its a very common mistake where many Christians get mixed up with the work of justification and the work of santification. Simply because we were taught all these years from the pulpit on the message the works of the Cross (justification) but have neglected the message of santification(or another word for holiness).

The work of justification is where it was finished at the Cross. No matter how good my works are, they will be as filthy rags in His eyes. Or no matter how much of evil and wicked things I have done, cannot be forgiven unless I come to the Cross of forgivness-that is the work of His justification.

Now once we have been justified through His death on the Cross, the work of santification comes in-that is our responsibilty with the help of His sweet Holy Spirit. Here are some scriptures from the NEW TESTAMENT, not from the Old Testament that backs up on our works/efforts/responsibilities to be holy like Him(works of santification). Mind you, these scriptures below are referring to the believers and NOT to the unbelievers:-

Hebrews 10:24; 1 Timothy 6:11; 2 Corinthians 7:1; Hebrews 12:14; Colossians 1:28-29; James 4:8; 1 Peter 4:1-3; Philippians 1:12; Hebrews 12:1 and 28; Revelation Chapter 2:7,11,17,26 and Revelation 3:5,12,21.

Remember John the Baptist did the yelling repentance message to His people of Israel for His first coming and because of his yelling repentance message, those Israel's hopes were rising and many did truly repent..so imagine now, God is sending His godfearing servants to give a wakeup call to His Church before His second coming-He cannot and will not come unless HIs Bride is pure, clean and without blemish, amen and amen :)

(Honestly, the church right now is on the positive motivational preaching where many christians themselves are toeing through the tulips having picnic on those 'lovely postivie' message and not knowing what it is to die to self just like the Laodicean church. We are indeed living in the last days where alot of christians are lovers of themselves rather than lovers of God-2 Timothy 3:1-5, yes, having a form of godliness (carnal christians) but deny its power (to be holy like He is through the power and help of the Holy Spirit) . Indeed it is sobering.

Hope this helps, Ronny. And I pray that the Holy Spirit (noticed He is not called Love Spirit or Kind Spirit) will enlighten you more about the work of santification. Meanwhile, I am so blessed to have come to know you, Ronny-you truly are a reflection of Matthew 5:8 :)

faithope

Amen,well said.... Man's rules and regulations always get in the way of God...Lord let Your Truth be revealed for all, may Peace guide us to You and may Your Mercy cover us in all we say and do. Let Grace keep us forever in obedience to Your Word and Will...God bless and preach it. Its the Truth anyway.....

Yes, I like the way the Lord puts it in words through His servant, Bobby Conner-just bare facts of truth, amen and amen. Usually its the 'axe of truth' that will get rid of the root once for all rather than just the ongoing fruit-Luke 3:8-10

faithope

Thank's for sharing this....I love it!:eek:) Abba Father, have mercy on us and cleans us from everyting that is not pleasing You, in Jesus Holy Name, Amen!

Amen and amen -I covet your prayer indeed :)

Ronny

Servant
Yahoo!,That was a fantastic answer and I answered you in private.My problem is I depend on my obedience to the Holy Spirit and I call that obediance riding the power of God's grace (unmerited,unearned,favor) to mold,carve,and sometimes bashing me.Even if it's painful at times,it is still sweet.It is for my good! I see God's favor as His loving power to form me bit by bit into the image of His dear Son Jesus.Riding God's grace is poor terminology.Better said would be God's grace intertwining with my newborn spirit and helping my dis-obediance to fall away and to look in awe at the power I have,the dominion I own now over repetitive sin by God's grace,by His power,sin has dominion over me no longer.For me,God's grace is the power to be changed through (helped ) obediance.Remember the old drug commercials that tell kids to just say no to drugs?How far will a persons will carry them,especially an addict? The spirit is willing but the body is weak.God,through Christ,enpowered us by His Holy Spirit,guided by His grace according to our need gave us the ability to be overcomers,victorious and walk in this fallen world as light and salt.We should be full of joy as we are being conformed day by day into the image of Christ.Of course obediance is paramount.God is making a new and sinless universe and a new earth where righteousness dwells.If that isn't exciting,I don't know what is! Now I own the POWER to say no to sin and by God's grace,through Christ's finished work on the Cross,the Holy Spirit gives me my Blood bought dominion over sin and the ability to obey God's will for me,and to obey and repent of sin,I gladly say yes.Grace,obediance and power to overcome go hand in hand.

faithope

I praise God for this post. We must be pure and Holy in Spirit to move ahead and towards God.
I too thank God for His message, we all need a reminder once awhile lest we drift away-Hebrews 2:1 :) And this is surely GOd's love and mercy that He takes an effort to warn us to proactively live a holy life and not just a positive life.

faithope

My problem is I depend on my obedience to the Holy Spirit and I call that obediance riding the power of God's grace (unmerited,unearned,favor) to mold,carve,and sometimes bashing me.Even if it's painful at times,it is still sweet.It is for my good! I see God's favor as His loving power to form me bit by bit into the image of His dear Son Jesus.Riding God's grace is poor terminology.Better said would be God's grace intertwining with my newborn spirit and helping my dis-obediance to fall away and to look in awe at the power I have,the dominion I own now over repetitive sin by God's grace,by His power,sin has dominion over me no longer.For me,God's grace is the power to be changed through (helped ) obediance....The spirit is willing but the body is weak.God,through Christ,enpowered us by His Holy Spirit,guided by His grace according to our need gave us the ability to be overcomers,victorious and walk in this fallen world as light and salt....Of course obediance is paramount.God is making a new and sinless universe and a new earth where righteousness dwells.If that isn't exciting,I don't know what is! Now I own the POWER to say no to sin and by God's grace,through Christ's finished work on the Cross,the Holy Spirit gives me my Blood bought dominion over sin and the ability to obey God's will for me,and to obey and repent of sin,I gladly say yes.Grace,obediance and power to overcome go hand in hand.

Amen and amen.

Your message speaks aloud of pro activity on your part which is actually to do with works. The only thing is that we have is the Holy Spirit to help us, otherwise, we will fail miserably without a beat. As you said well, His grace is not just a coverup blanket but the enabling power to live in obedience to our Holy God.

Being holy is nothing to do with legalism or being religious but simply to live a life that is set apart for Him thru' total submission-Romans 6:19; 1 Peter 1:15-17

The reason why we just don't cruise alone on the Cross is that Jesus, WHo knew no sin hates legalism and religiosity yet learned obedience by the things He suffered-Hebrews 4:11. Amazing to know that the Man without sin had to proactively cooperate to the perfect will of God.

Therefore, we all have to be diligent to enter into that rest(i.e., death to self which is through total submisson/obedience), lest anyone should fall according to the same example of disobedience-Hebrews 2:11..not a very positive message but a necessary one though :)

Ultimately besides pleasing HIm and living a holy life, the core of Christianity is found in Phillippians 3: 8-14....key verses 18a, 10 and 14.

Ready to Post Your Prayer Request?
Click Here to Get Started

Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Click here to make a donation

Donations to this site are not tax deductible.

Latest Blog Entries

Latest Free Resources

• Life study of the Bible
    Help christian study Bible
    • Lionlamb
    • Updated:
  • Free counsel.
    Free counsel.
    This website is a resource of spiritual truths and a place to make contact for free counsel.
    • jcwalker3usa
    • Updated:
  • Prayer to Jesus
    Prayer to Jesus
    The fastest and easiest way to understand how to make the miracles of Jesus occur in your own life!
    • Shay_Villere
    • Updated:
Top Bottom