Do Right Dont Be Right

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

There are two topics I would like to touch on today, not sure I will get to both but will try. Or save it for another day. May be the motivation I need to get up and do another one. J

Topic number one. It is loving one another even though we have different opinions. This site is a very touchy one. Especially because we all feel that we have heard from God and know what he wants for us to do.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. (NIV)
We can have great gifts and messages, but if not shared in love the message and gesture is pointless.

I have noticed, and am not the only one that there are certain topics the cause arguments on the site. Everyone is trying to be right instead of do right. That is what the Pharisees and other religious groups did during Jesus times and even today. They were so busy trying to interrupt and follow the “Law†to the T that they forgot why God gave the law. The rules became such a burden that it turned people away.

When Jesus spoke to the Pharisees in the bible, he never condemned them, he spoke in such a way that if they truly wanted to know the truth they would ask more questions and seek the answers that they saw. He treated them with Love and respect.
King Solomon stated Proverbs 11:12 Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. (NIV)
Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Do we feel that tough love is what is needed to save the world? I will find it funny if you say yes, because this site is about showing unconditional Love to our spouses, but we chide and condemn a fellow stander if they do not agree with us.

Do you think Jesus message would have mattered if he was condemning to everyone? That is how they felt the religious leader of the time was already. Do you think they would have noticed Jesus if he had the same attitude? NO!! He stood out, because he came to fulfill the law. He came to show us how to live the law. And the only way to fulfill the law is with Love. It is never about being right but about doing right.
Look at when Jesus went to temple and they asked him about his offering. He pointed out that he didn’t need to, but paid it anyway. It is always about doing right not being right.

When we respond to a post on the site we are typing our post and we all have our emotional baggage that goes along with posting and reading. We cannot hear the “tone†in which a post was stated, but sometimes we can feel the darts being thrown at us.

None of us are perfect, all of us have to walk our own walk. All of us have to hear from God as best as we can. But all of us have been called to Love each other. Read the following verses:

Colossians 3:14
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. (NIV)
1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. (NIV)
1 John 3:16
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. (NIV)
1 John 3:18
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. (NIV)
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (NIV)

Throughout the bible it tells us to love each other. The Law was based on love not rules. We all have to work out our salvation for ourselves, we all have to walk our walk with Jesus on our own. No one else can walk that walk with us. But the bible and scripture were not meant for arguments, but to show us God’s love. And yes we may feel that we are guiding someone to God and showing them the truth, because we are “right†and they are “wrongâ€, and we just want them to “be on the right trackâ€. But guess what if you condemn and berate them they won’t only be on the wrong rack, but they may just get off the road all together.

I don’t want to hear about tough love, for I don’t see that in the bible. Jesus taught with love and compassion and drew crowds of thousands. Not because he only spoke of the abundance of God, but because he taught the Good news of our Lord and Savior. And those that wanted to argue Law with him or try to trick him, he just brought to remembrance the word and left it. He didn’t sit there and beat them over the head with the word. He offered them the “GIFT OF SALVATION†and it was up to them to accept it or not.

So if we want to help someone that is going “down the wrong Path†in our book, first judge your motivation, is it because you want to be right or do right. If you need a message to them make sure it is out of love and consideration and comes across that way. And lastly ask God how to word it. If you are in a rush and have to get it out right away because you may forget, then more than likely it isn’t God. God takes his time so everything can fall into place.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance...

So please remember everything is out of love for each other and we are here to uplift each other and encourage each other and help each other to see God’s love through us in all things, and if we are representing God in us and all people see is judgment and condemnation, we are not doing God any service, just our own needs and we will be the ones judged in the end when our Father says he doesn’t know us.

Here are a few verses to keep in mind. :

2 Timothy 2:22-25
“Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth.†(NIV)

Proverbs 17:14
“Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out.â€(NIV)

Proverbs 15:1
“A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.†(NIV)

Ephesians 4:32
“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.†(ESV)

2 Timothy 2:23-24
Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
It was not a good day, threats of war, and the hope of peace seemed dismal, at least for now. The enemy was knocking at the gate threatening to inflict war if their demands were not met. Reminding Hezekiah that he and his army were no match for their powerhouse army as they had defeated other...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The closer we get to God the more of God we will experience. But there is a price we have to pay. We have to die to self-daily. And our "ego" and pride can keep us from paying the price and experiencing more of God. Ego stands for Easing God Out. Ego is the Latin word for "I." We must die to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And I know there are angels all around, let us all praise Jesus Christ, we are for sure are standing on holy ground. To God be the glory for the anointing of His holy presence in our life. In the presence of the Lord there is fullness of joy. Hallujah, we love You today. We shall forever...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Blessed be the name of the Lord, He is worthy to be praised and adored, so we lift up holy hands sin one accord, singing blessed be the name of the Lord. We will never ever forget to bless, honor and glorify the name of the Lord wherever we are. Thoughout the night, the thunder roars and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Exodus 14–15,Matthew 17 People look at the outside appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. - 1 Samuel 16:7 Many years ago, Julie Landsman auditioned to be the principal French hornist for a prominent opera orchestra. The orchestra held their auditions behind a screen to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom