Devotion taken from "word for you today" 7 October 2018 Friendship (1)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Friendship (1)

Sunday 7th October 2018

'A man of too many friends comes to ruin.' Proverbs 18:24 NAS

Friendships are vital in our lives. We're not supposed to do life on our own. With friends we have a support network and people to share the good and bad of our lives with. Being able to get along with others and make good friends is a necessary skill to have. And friendships require time, energy, sacrifice and investment.
But we need to be wise when working out which friendships to invest in. We shouldn't be sharing the things we're going through, or the big parts of our lives, with everyone. Solomon warns, 'A man of too many friends comes to ruin' (Proverbs 18:24 NAS). And not every friend will prove to be one, as Jeremiah warned King Zedekiah: 'They misled you and overcame you - those trusted friends of yours. Your feet are sunk in the mud; your friends have deserted you' (Jeremiah 38:22 NIV). The wrong friend may betray us, as Judas did to Jesus. Solomon said, 'The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray' (Proverbs 12:26 NLT). If the advice our friends is giving leads us away from God, maybe we should reconsider our level of investment in the friendship.
The Hebrew word for 'choose' is tur, and in the Old Testament it refers to a man like a surveyor who searches out land. So if we're wise, we'll explore and evaluate our friendships before we enter them.

So what now? Think of one of your closest friends and write down all the qualities about them that you appreciate. Then tell them!

I am praying all of my friends on line and at work to get saved and be on their way to heaven. Having too many friends can be a blessing to you when you want all of them saved and on their way to glory. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate you as a friend.

We have to choose our friends carefully otherwise they will make your life disaster and miserable. I have experience on this. Therefore, we have to pray for wisdom to choose our friends, godly friends will lead us the right path and help us not to fall down, we have to pray for ourselves to make decisions because sometimes our friends give us advise by their guts feeling. So, we need to careful

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
7 Powerful Prayers for Wisdom By Dawn Wilson Crosswalk.com Contributing Writer Praying daily for wisdom is a wise thing to do! In Proverbs 8, an intriguing passage about wisdom, the writer asks, “Does not wisdom call out?” Indeed, God’s wisdom does call out, and those who respond positively...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I never remember who thought up choosing a single word to guide your year. But the idea appeals to me—and many others—and I’ve done it several years in a row. Sometimes the word I choose really does help steer my decisions throughout the year, and other times I forget the word by, say, March...
Replies
Views
  • Article
JESUS IS THE ROCK Matthew 16:18 ESV / 69 helpful votes And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Psalm 18:2 ESV / 64 helpful votes The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. —Proverbs 18:24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Close spiritual friends — the kind that can hold us accountable when we need it, build us up when we're down, or celebrate with us...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus climbed into a boat and went back across the lake to his own town. Some people brought to him a paralyzed man on a mat. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "Be encouraged, my child! Your sins are forgiven." But some of the teachers of religious law said to themselves...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom