DELIVERANCE PRAYER

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

“You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” Psalm 32:7

Deliverance doesn’t come with an overnight guarantee. We can’t click it or pick it out of a line up, and it doesn’t always look the same for me as it does for you.
The dictionary definition of deliverance is “the act of delivering someone or something: the state of being delivered; especially: liberation, rescue.” We often think of countries that need to be vindicated, people suffering from famine who need food, or others that need to be rescued from afflictions or abuses. And we should most ardently pray and take action to deliver others from oppressive circumstances.

But there is a second part to the definition that struck a chord God has been speaking into my life about distorted thoughts, shame, and boundaries. It reads like this, “something delivered; especially: an opinion or decision (such as the verdict of a jury) expressed publicly.” What if the opinion we hold of ourselves is sometimes the very thing we need to be delivered from? The critical pressing of modern-day life may threaten to distract and strip us of our Christly identity, a past decision may haunt us—even though it happened so long ago that we’re the only one still able to re-play it. An unjust outcome… tarnished reputation… failed attempt... whose perspective are we filtering our thoughts through?

Jesus is our Deliverer (1 John 4:4). Our salvation is found in His sacrifice (John 10: 9-11). He died so that we would no longer fall victim to or be bound by shame, distorted thoughts, or dysfunctional boundaries. Let’s pray, today, that our deliverance, whether it be from what physically, mentally, or spiritually ails us, lies in the capable hands of Jesus, our Healer.

A Powerful Deliverance Prayer

Father, Today, as begin our prayer, we praise You, for You say we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). This world is hard. It threatens to crush us in many ways. Physically, we cannot always outrun the ailments of our bodies. Sickness and injury take hold of us, and we are not always healed to the original state of our health. Mentally, we are bombarded and pulled at by unfiltered thoughts threatening to run away with our self-esteem on a daily basis. Spiritually, You promise us a battle in this life. John 10: 10-11 reminds us, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” Bring our hearts to focus on Your Truth at the start of each day, expecting a battle, but also deliverance.
Father, in overwhelming moments help us to recall the truth of Psalm 32:7, “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” Remind us of the greats of faith that have gone before us in bravery, with courageous faith in Your protective hand of deliverance.

David defeated Goliath against all odds, and even after being not the run for his life from King Saul cried out to You in faith to deliver Him. Even after he made terrible mistakes, but You delivered David, loving him still. For Paul, who tortured and had other Christians killed, You never left him even in his own jail cell. What we don’t understand is how much You love us regardless of our faults and fears. Help us to believe and strengthen our faith in Your love, for the one who is in us is greater than the one who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

Galatians 5:1
calls us to action, to stand firm in our faith. “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Help us turn from shame, make a way for kindness, and rise up for those who can’t speak for themselves and find a way to make sure those who are burdened by distorted thoughts of who they are. Equip us, through the lessons of our own deliverance, to become ambassadors for Your love. For You assure us when we seek You, we will find You, when we seek You with all of our hearts. (Jeremiah 29:13)

Father we are grateful that You hear us and care for us beyond our understanding. “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.” Psalm 34:17 We prayerfully proclaim deliverance in our own lives, and in the lives of those suffering next door to us, and around the world. We cry out to You in faith that You will deliver us from our physical pain and mental anguish. “Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress.” Psalm 107:6

Help us to let go of our timeline and embrace Your process and Your perfect timing. We live in a “have to have it now” world, but Your ways surpass the convenience of free shipping and next day delivery. Give us the faith and patience to embrace Your process and purpose for our lives, remembering Isaiah 43:18-19, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”

When others mislabel us, give us the grace to pray for and empathize with them, but maintain the truth of what You say about us, and who You say we are. May we always remember to love others above all else (1 Peter 4:8) but have the inner strength to discount and discern lies from Your Truth. Kids aren’t the only ones that are bullied and teased. Tune our ears to Your voice of grace, love and kindness, as we respond and react to the attacks of others. Heal our distorted thoughts and broken-down boundaries. Help us to shield our hearts from shame and separate our mistakes and missteps from our magnificent purpose in life.

Grant us the courage to be brave and courageous as Jesus was when we walked this earth, yet kind and compassionate at the same time. Make the impossible possible in our lives as we seek Your will in our lives over our own vindication and defense mechanisms. Help us to remember this powerful truth: “Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray.” James 5:13

Deliver us, Father, from the everyday attacks on our conscious, health, relationships, and beyond. From what can see coming and would never expect, protect and deliver us from anything that threatens to throw us off Your course for our lives. Give us strength to love people that are seemingly unlovable without compromising our character as Christians. Build a confidence in us that is unstoppable and immovable but guard our hearts from pride. Deliver us from our distorted thoughts, sickness, debt, sadness, struggles, hunger, pain, fear, oppression, conflict, and unbelief, for we proclaim Your Peace over our lives through prayer, today. “Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” Ephesians 6:10 Help us to put on Your armor, daily, Father. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
A
“You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” Psalm 32:7

Deliverance doesn’t come with an overnight guarantee. We can’t click it or pick it out of a line up, and it doesn’t always look the same for me as it does for you.
The dictionary definition of deliverance is “the act of delivering someone or something: the state of being delivered; especially: liberation, rescue.” We often think of countries that need to be vindicated, people suffering from famine who need food, or others that need to be rescued from afflictions or abuses. And we should most ardently pray and take action to deliver others from oppressive circumstances.

But there is a second part to the definition that struck a chord God has been speaking into my life about distorted thoughts, shame, and boundaries. It reads like this, “something delivered; especially: an opinion or decision (such as the verdict of a jury) expressed publicly.” What if the opinion we hold of ourselves is sometimes the very thing we need to be delivered from? The critical pressing of modern-day life may threaten to distract and strip us of our Christly identity, a past decision may haunt us—even though it happened so long ago that we’re the only one still able to re-play it. An unjust outcome… tarnished reputation… failed attempt... whose perspective are we filtering our thoughts through?

Jesus is our Deliverer (1 John 4:4). Our salvation is found in His sacrifice (John 10: 9-11). He died so that we would no longer fall victim to or be bound by shame, distorted thoughts, or dysfunctional boundaries. Let’s pray, today, that our deliverance, whether it be from what physically, mentally, or spiritually ails us, lies in the capable hands of Jesus, our Healer.

A Powerful Deliverance Prayer

Father, Today, as begin our prayer, we praise You, for You say we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). This world is hard. It threatens to crush us in many ways. Physically, we cannot always outrun the ailments of our bodies. Sickness and injury take hold of us, and we are not always healed to the original state of our health. Mentally, we are bombarded and pulled at by unfiltered thoughts threatening to run away with our self-esteem on a daily basis. Spiritually, You promise us a battle in this life. John 10: 10-11 reminds us, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” Bring our hearts to focus on Your Truth at the start of each day, expecting a battle, but also deliverance.
Father, in overwhelming moments help us to recall the truth of Psalm 32:7, “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” Remind us of the greats of faith that have gone before us in bravery, with courageous faith in Your protective hand of deliverance.

David defeated Goliath against all odds, and even after being not the run for his life from King Saul cried out to You in faith to deliver Him. Even after he made terrible mistakes, but You delivered David, loving him still. For Paul, who tortured and had other Christians killed, You never left him even in his own jail cell. What we don’t understand is how much You love us regardless of our faults and fears. Help us to believe and strengthen our faith in Your love, for the one who is in us is greater than the one who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

Galatians 5:1
calls us to action, to stand firm in our faith. “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Help us turn from shame, make a way for kindness, and rise up for those who can’t speak for themselves and find a way to make sure those who are burdened by distorted thoughts of who they are. Equip us, through the lessons of our own deliverance, to become ambassadors for Your love. For You assure us when we seek You, we will find You, when we seek You with all of our hearts. (Jeremiah 29:13)

Father we are grateful that You hear us and care for us beyond our understanding. “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.” Psalm 34:17 We prayerfully proclaim deliverance in our own lives, and in the lives of those suffering next door to us, and around the world. We cry out to You in faith that You will deliver us from our physical pain and mental anguish. “Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress.” Psalm 107:6

Help us to let go of our timeline and embrace Your process and Your perfect timing. We live in a “have to have it now” world, but Your ways surpass the convenience of free shipping and next day delivery. Give us the faith and patience to embrace Your process and purpose for our lives, remembering Isaiah 43:18-19, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”

When others mislabel us, give us the grace to pray for and empathize with them, but maintain the truth of what You say about us, and who You say we are. May we always remember to love others above all else (1 Peter 4:8) but have the inner strength to discount and discern lies from Your Truth. Kids aren’t the only ones that are bullied and teased. Tune our ears to Your voice of grace, love and kindness, as we respond and react to the attacks of others. Heal our distorted thoughts and broken-down boundaries. Help us to shield our hearts from shame and separate our mistakes and missteps from our magnificent purpose in life.

Grant us the courage to be brave and courageous as Jesus was when we walked this earth, yet kind and compassionate at the same time. Make the impossible possible in our lives as we seek Your will in our lives over our own vindication and defense mechanisms. Help us to remember this powerful truth: “Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray.” James 5:13

Deliver us, Father, from the everyday attacks on our conscious, health, relationships, and beyond. From what can see coming and would never expect, protect and deliver us from anything that threatens to throw us off Your course for our lives. Give us strength to love people that are seemingly unlovable without compromising our character as Christians. Build a confidence in us that is unstoppable and immovable but guard our hearts from pride. Deliver us from our distorted thoughts, sickness, debt, sadness, struggles, hunger, pain, fear, oppression, conflict, and unbelief, for we proclaim Your Peace over our lives through prayer, today. “Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” Ephesians 6:10 Help us to put on Your armor, daily, Father. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
We are so glad You came to save us from going to hells burning fire and delivered us from all kinds of torments from hell and from all guilt of past our past life. As long as we obey Gods word in worship and adoration to Him alone. Other gods of the world should not be worshipped or adored as...
Replies
Views
  • Article
We shall forever boldly proclaim and declare the praises of His name. When His visitation is in our midst, let us all rejoice in Him and adore His holy name. Embracing the King of kings and the Lord of lords who full of loving care came to all of us to save us, help us and heal our broken...
Replies
Views
  • Article
We shall live again in glory, with Jesus and all the angels in heaven. That is the promise of Gods word to all of us who believe, trust and wait for His arrival from glory to take each one of us to our heavenly home. Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is dismantled, we have a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Real friendship exits when we make Jesus our chief and only Friend who will never ever forget us nor leave us all alone when everyone else did. It works. It creates bonds that are strong as a rock of ages. Jesus You are the sweetest name of all, Jesus, You always hears me when I call...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Wonderful Savior and beutiful Lord has given to us a perfect company to be with us forever. Precious Holy Spirit of God, the Comforter who shall be with us for ages to come. Awake my heart with gladness. See what today is done. Now, after gloom and sadness. Comes forth the glorious sun. My...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom