Day 8 Fear

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

I was in bondage to fear most of my life. It seems each fear would spin out more fears. At times they would be overwhelming. Thoughts of fears would also produce feelings of anxiety, depression, loneliness, crazy, panic, etc... Those feelings would then produce undesirable behaviors. I would distance myself in relationships, I may withdraw, short fuse, avoidance of certain places people or actions. I was also very aware of the fact that I had given my children the curse of fear. I did not want them to suffer like me.

When I read Bondage Breakers I was shocked, relieved and hopeful to find out I was not alone. Many people were in bondage to fear. So many there was a whole section devoted to it. There was a check off list of fears:

Death______ Illness______ Death of a child______ Illness of a child_______ Divorce_______ Being Alone_______ Unlovable______

Going Crazy______ Committing the Unforgivable Sin_______

Loosing Salvation______ Pain______ Abandonment_______ Betrayal______ Rape______ Sexual assault______ Physical Assault______

Accident______ Murder______ Death of a Spouse_______Death of a Loved One______

This is not a complete list, I have loaned my book out, but this is the general idea. I personally had most of these fears. I was then instructed to confess out loud each of these fears repent and ask The Lord for forgiveness. This exercise peeled off many of the layers of the "fear" onion.

Some may ask why would I need forgiveness for my fears (I did). Fear becomes idolatry. I spent my time, energy, feelings, thoughts, actions all devoted to fear. I put my fears before The Lord.

I was lead to

2 Timothy 1:7
King James Version (KJV)

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Wow!!!! powerful stuff for me. So if God did not give it to me, who did? If my fear was not from God, I had good reason to let go of it. Thus having faith He would lead me through it.

During this journey it occurred to me I could not be used by The Lord if I was a stressed out mess. I would not be a good witness to the Glory of The Lord. And I wanted to do The Lords work. I wanted to be to other people what others had been to me. I wanted to be living proof of Gods healing to my children. It had to be authentic, I could not fake this.

1 John 4:4
New International Version (NIV)

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

The Lord was in me. The Lord was more powerful than my fears or any attacks that came against me. Thank You Jesus.

Dear Lord You are so loving You do not want your children in bondage to fear, You want them to be free. Lord set them free. Surround them with Godly believers, The Truth of Your Word, and Fill them with The Holy Spirit, our guide, our comforter, and our counselor. Thank You Jesus, Amen

I believe that it is important to confess anything immediately. Since I posted this I have experienced anxiety. Lord forgive me for this fear of a child getting sick, and through this blog being over exposed. I am walking in obedience so I know Lord You will free me of this fear. I confess my Freedom from the bondage of fear. I put on the full armor of God.

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Thank You Lord for setting me free and giving me the power of love and sound mind. Thank You Jesus

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Thank you so much. I am so grateful for your encouragement. Lord I thank You for my sister in Christ the words she has shared with me, Lord bless her as she continues to glorify You. Thank You Jesus Amen

let it grow let it grow let it grow....well said...well well said...I pray that the Anointing be apparent to all...in Jesus name...open the eyes of the blind Oh Lord open the eyes of the blind....God bless you are an encouragement...Lord continue to use her in a Mighty way and bring glory upon Yourself...in Jesus name...

Thank You Lord for an awesome community of believers. Thank You for everyone You have lead to leave words of encouragement. You are so great Lord. Thank You Jesus Amen

Encourager's blog says: Remember, trusting God through the bad times is the deepest kind of faith there is.

Dear lord, Help us all to trust you completely 100% in good and bad times! I know that the opposite of FEAR is LOVE!! Please replace all fear with love for ourselves, for you, for others. Every day help us live beyond fear, and believe God you are in control with unconditional love that we can trust. Make us willing to pray and meditate on scripture that will override the negative. Help us to practice each day and plant the word in our hearts! In Jesus Name AMEN!

Jesus said, "...no one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. instead, he puts it on a stand so that come in can see the light. For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed........." luke chapter 8 verse 16,17 - see also v 18!

He also said in Mathew ch 5 v 16......... "in the same way let your light shine before men.."....... see verses 13 through 16 for full account! ......I thank you, and Jesus for you, your heart spirit and soul, and brave openness that speaks so much as you declare your Danial fast and the issues that the lord deals with, for you and, I believe for so many of us, through your obedience to the holy spirit and opening up your innermost thoughts and heart to us all, and ministering to us so mightally. I pray greater revelation to you, the light of Jesus that shines through your obedience to him. in his name, Jesus be praised to the glory of the father!

daddy- I am humbled and grateful, for your post. I have to say I got a bit teary. I love being used by the Lord. I am so grateful for a community of believers. Thank You Lord for Your strength to do this, thank You for surrounding me with Godly people that give me great encouragement.

Thank you for being so open and that takes courage and strength only the LORD can give. Keep going, spreading your testimony. I don't believe we go through tragic or anything for that matter, to sit on it and to let it consume us. Although at times it does. The Lord gives the strength to use it for his good, to make a difference, to have compassion for one another. Everyone has a battle, but with the Lord, we will and do overcome everyone of those battles.

Thank you again. GOD Bless you

Similar Requests

• Article
Isaiah 41:10: Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ 2 Timothy 1:7: For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Fear causes you to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Judges 1–3,Luke 4:1–30 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. Mark 11:13 The barren and withered fig tree, representing an unfaithful nation soon to be overrun by its enemies, is a common Old Testament image (Isaiah 28:4; 34:4...
Replies
Views
  • Article
🙏God, I ask You in Jesus' name, let Deuteronomy 31:6 and Joshua 1:9 live, breathe, work, operate, and rest in me, the writer of this prayer, my family, and friends. God let Your Holy Word live, breathe, dwell, work, and operate in each of us. God please forever honor this prayer over each of our...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Ain’t I Good To You—God! One day I was about to complain to God, but before I could even get the words out of my mouth, God spoke to my heart, “Ain't I Good To You!” That was all God had to say to me. Whatever I was about to complain to Him about, dissipated. He did not want me to even...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But soon a fierce storm came up [as Jesus and some disciples were crossing the Sea of Galilee]. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water. Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, "Teacher, don't...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom