Day 14 Fast The Sower

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

<< Matthew 13 >>
New International Version 1984
The Parable of the Sower
1That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9He who has ears, let him hear.â€

18“Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. 22The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. 23But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.â€

One way I have found to gain greater understanding of the Bible is to look at the Parables and apply them to my life. They are relatively easy to understand regardless of where I am in my walk, but thought provoking enough to keep me focused. I am not an educated teacher of the bible this is only my life application, my perspective may change in years to come.

I often think of the people that sowed seeds (words of God) in me through out my life. They impacted me in different ways and lasted different amounts of time.
  • Youth ministers being a loving witness
  • Ladies I worked with over twenty years ago, one in particular despite any circumstance she relied on her faith to get her through, she is a very loving caring woman. There was something about her presence that I wanted.
  • A guy and his family that were very devoted to the Lord. He was forgiving, caring, and gave me bits of Gospel
  • My sister in law, we were in church one time singing, I looked over at her and she looked so peaceful.
  • Tracks left on my car
  • Many in my son's community that spoke truth
  • Bible stories I heard as a child
  • There are many more, my point is many seeds were sown into my life

I am sure many seeds were dropped on me and the devil just swooped down and ate them like the birds in the story. I was oblivious to them, and can not recall them.

Some even sprouted, however, they landed on rocks. I remember looking at my sister in law, so peaceful, so into God. I wanted that. She would share the Bible with me, I would get excited to have what she had. My desire was emotionally based. I just wanted to feel better, peaceful, faithful. This desire in me would be short lived, when either a crisis, or success happened it all went away. SCORCHED.

Many, many weeds that choked out any growth at one point.

My weeds
  • Kids activities-soccer, wrestling, grades, dancing, basketball, baseball etc busy busy busy
  • Financial concerns- fear of not having enough consuming me

Vengeance -Getting back at those that hurt me
  • Marriage- How to make it better, how to make my husband what I needed
  • Extended Family-Drama, Drama, Drama
  • Body Image- Dieting, Exercise, thoughts of calories, points, fats, numbers on scale
  • Phone- At times I spent hours a day on the phone
  • Unworthiness
  • Fear
  • Unforgivness
  • Multiple business started, most became very successful and time consuming
  • Self Help- numerous books, therapists, workshops, etc
  • Humanistic world view
  • The lies of the devil

The list of weeds choking out the Truth of the Gospel goes on and on.

Now Good Soil, Kingdom Living, This is where my roots are growing, they are being watered by the bible, Christian community, Prayer. I have had a garden before, it requires work. It constantly needs nourishment, water, and sunshine. Not works, faith, but I have to actively seek The Lords guidance.

Good Soil- Garden of Eden

This Parable also reminds me of sowing seeds into others lives. They are all at different places, maybe the seeds do not take root in good soil, but if it is the Lords Will, I need to keep sowing.

Dear Lord Thank You for all the believers You sent to sow seeds in my life. Lord by Your strength, and Your guidance lead us all to have good soil, which produces abundant crops. Thank You Jesus Amen

Marriage- How to make it better, how to make my husband what I needed I know the answer to this one....how to make your marraige better is how to make yourself what he needs...we are their helpmate...so we should be looking for ways to make it better for our husbands...it's Truth anyway! I myself...am in "training." our generation has made it very difficult for a women to be in submission to her husband...I myself....am not very good at it...but I am aware and with all I have am trying to obey the Proverbs wife...and to live according to this Truth...God, Husband, Me! unless he leads me to sin...my husband is the leader and it's my job to help him and encourage him in life...a help mate..LOL hope it helped!!!!!! obedience is greater than sacrifice....

PS

it really is serious to God..to have divine order.....

Once again it is interesting you mentioned submission. The Lord has put it on my hear that will be one of the entries. Yes this culture does not make it appealing.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus told this parable:] "Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seed. As he scattered it across his field, some of the seed fell on a footpath, and the birds came and ate it. Other seed fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The seed sprouted quickly because the soil was shallow. But the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
We Are Blessed Scripture: 2 Corinthians 9:10 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, God has blessed us so much in Jesus. He has given us his grace, his mercy, his forgiveness...
Replies
Views
  • Article
It was not a good day, threats of war, and the hope of peace seemed dismal, at least for now. The enemy was knocking at the gate threatening to inflict war if their demands were not met. Reminding Hezekiah that he and his army were no match for their powerhouse army as they had defeated other...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Zechariah 9–12 , Revelation 20 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12 Twelve-year-old Lee Adianez Rodriguez-Espada was worried...
Replies
Views
  • Article
No one has come to pray at the Garden of Gethsemane because of fear of bombs being dropped on them. It is so sad to see the emptiness of this place when no one is around. But at this wonderful place Jesus continue to pray for Himself and for strenght for things that will happen to Him in the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom