Could World-wide Revival Come if We All Prayed Like Jesus Taught from Our Hearts?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Luke 11:1 "One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, 'Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.' 2 Jesus said to them, 'When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. (Then) 3 Give us each day our daily bread. 4 Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.’”

Though this prayer pattern is given more broadly in Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, the same pattern of Who exactly we are praying to (The Father of Jesus), The Father's priorities and glory and notice they come before our needs. Observe Matthew 6:8-14: "Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 9 This, then, is how you should pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’ 14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. For it’s Your Kingdom, Your Power and Your Glory, Forever, Amen (Matt 6:9-14).
In Jesus' Name...

By this I mean, What if all believers actually obeyed Jesus on the most important thing a Christian can do -- Talk to God as a Father in Prayer first about what God the Father likes to talk about -- The Holiness and Honor of His Name (Gracious, Compassionate, Lawgiver, Forgiver, All Powerful, Protector, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera)? About His Kingdom and it's Coming and meant it? Would the gospel advance? I believe if we put God's glory above all else, even our needs, the whole attitude and purpose of the Body of Christ would shift, like it did in Acts.

What if we put the order and priorities Jesus taught us in order and actually longed for God's name to be honored and glorified instead of mocked, blasphemed and use in cursing and swearing? If we cared about the harvest and asked the Lord of the Harvest to raise up laborers and evangelized ourselves so we could both look forward to and hasten the day of His appearing (2 Peter 3:12)? What if we did these things before our needs: Provision, finances, etc = "daily bread" -- forgiveness of sins for ourself and forgiveness of others = healthy relationship with God and other people -- protection from temptation and evil (safety, protection on the job, the rebuking of the devourer through giving showing everything comes from Him?

I think we would have instantaneous revival. Want to write this down and pray this way? Let's give Jesus' way have a new priority... Open to comments and confirmations...

Thank you in Jesus' Name.

Last edited:
Revival should start in our hearts. Jesus said, "Ask and ye shall receive." Let us all ask for revival in our life and then in our churches.

Yes, let us ask for revival in our hearts, homes and churches! (But I very rarely see a prayer request for revival anywhere -- just sayin' : )

What I am saying is that Jesus gave us topics to ask the Father, but rarely do we do it! It is truly rare I find anyone who understood 1) that He actually meant to pray in a specific order about specific topics first, and 2) what a radical change in our thinking and lives it would actually bring -- it would revolutionize the church in both the U.S. and in every country around the world! The benefits of it are... Let me explain... What Jesus specifically teaches in this injunction to pray according to the pattern He directly gave in two separate Scripture accounts is much more specific than simply asking for revival.

In this instruction on prayer, Jesus clearly gives God-ordained priorities on two separate occasions. His first time is directly to the multitudes on "The Sermon on the Mount," (Matt 6:9-14):

"Therefore pray after this manner, 'Our Father who is in heaven, May Your name be kept Holy, Your Kingdom Come, Your will be done...'" And 2nd specifically to His disciples after they saw the way He prayed and His time in prayer,

"One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When He finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.” He said to them, “When you pray, say: “‘Father, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come..."

In both instances, the Order of the prayer teaches seeking first (asking for, actually desiring) not our daily bread, forgiveness, relationships with other or protection from the evil one and his temptation, that Jesus teaches is the Second Priority. The Order Jesus teaches in His instruction on prayer isseeking and praying about The Honor of The Father's Name, The Kingdom of God, and God's will being before all else -- these the things that bring glory to God COME BEFORE our needs, wants, wishes and desires.

This radical change in the order of what we pray for requires a shift in us, but we see it in all Jesus' own recorded prayers: Praise to God for the way He reveals things to babes and nursing infants (the spiritually humble) yet hides them from the wise and intelligent (the spiritually proud), because it is God's will to do so, Matt 11:25-26 and Luke 10:21; His prayer in John that the Father would Glorify His Name (same as Hallowed be Your Name), which The Father answered directly like Thunder so the crowds could believe, John 12:28; and for the Glorification of God and the Protection and Fellowship of The Church with The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, John 17:1-26. His other prayer is for the Kingdom of God to have evangelists raised up and thrust out, "Ask The Lord of The Harvest to raise up Laborers for the Harvest," Matt 9:38, Luke 10:2; and lastly He forgives not only those jeering and mocking Him, but in a way, the whole of Humanity which drove Him to the cross in obedience with the Father's great plan to save the earth by a sinless, virgin-born, Suffering Servant-Messiah from the linage of King David to fulfill innumerable prophecies, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).

Let's obey Jesus and learn to pray about and even better, actually desire, ask for and believe we receive the things and concerns that were central to Him. We are to follow Christ, as "Christians," which the disciples were first called at Antioch in Acts 11:26, and of which Matthew Henry says the following in His comments on Acts 11:26:

"Hitherto the followers of Christ were called disciples, that is, learners, scholars; but from that time they were called Christians. The proper meaning of this name is, a follower of Christ; it denotes one who, from serious thought, embraces the religion of Christ, believes his promises, and makes it his chief care to shape his life by Christ's precepts and example. Hence it is plain that multitudes take the name of Christian to whom it does not rightly belong. But the name without the reality will only add to our guilt. While the bare profession will bestow neither profit nor delight, the possession of it will give both the promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. Grant, Lord, that Christians may forget other names and distinctions, and love one another as the followers of Christ ought to do. True Christians will feel for their brethren under afflictions. Thus will fruit be brought forth to the praise and glory of God. If all mankind were true Christians, how cheerfully would they help one another! The whole earth would be like one large family, every member of which would strive to be dutiful and kind."

This kind of takes on the meaning of and confirms this particular blog and describes the heart posture of not only those who call Jesus, "Lord, Lord," but also "do the things that He says" -- "Pray after this form," "When you pray, say," (that is pray about these topics concerning God before you pray about yourself and your needs. There is a place for that, but after we pray about the things Jesus taught to pray about first, or else we'd never get to them : )

*When Jesus says seek first, He meant like most the glory of God's reputation, replace our favorite hobby with the concerns of The Father and Jesus concerning The Kingdom of God advancing with evangelists and et cetera; by Jesus clearly written way of deliberately praying for and earnestly desiring The Father's Honor, The Advancement of His Kingdom both now and in it's fullness at The 2nd Coming of Jesus, and specifically praying for The Father's will to be accomplished perfectly on earth (as it is accomplished perfectly in heaven). This would, as Matthew Henry confirms above, bring instantaneous reformation to the church and the world would again call us "Christians" correctly. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

Last edited:
A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Revival to me is all about being born again. Meaning the awakening of the Holy Spirit within us. Letting others see and feel the Holy Spirit from us will bring about the awakening of the Holy Spirit within them. Jesus came to baptize with the Holy Spirit. It's our job to baptize others with the Holy Spirit and let them feel the love of Jesus through us. By letting others know and feel the love God is the only way for worldwide revival.

Revival to me is all about being born again. Meaning the awakening of the Holy Spirit within us. Letting others see and feel the Holy Spirit from us will bring about the awakening of the Holy Spirit within them. Jesus came to baptize with the Holy Spirit. It's our job to baptize others with the Holy Spirit and let them feel the love of Jesus through us. By letting others know and feel the love God is the only way for worldwide revival.

Whereas love is required and proof that we are Christians, and I appreciate the Baptism in The Holy Spirit, it doesn’t end there with conversion or being, “born again” or there would be no New Testament written once believers were filled— they would have had love and the Holy Spirit and Jesus, Paul, Peter, James and John could have saved a lot of time writing to the churches — but oh so great is the need for good teaching!

Jesus came for many reasons the Bible says :

1) To explain the Father, “No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father's heart. He has revealed God to us“ (John 1:18).

2) To teach and preach, “But Jesus replied, "We must go on to other towns as well, and I will preach to them, too. That is why I came” (Mark 1:38).

3) To preach the Good News of The Kingdom of God, “But Jesus told them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well, because that is why I was sent” (Luke 4:43).

4) To Do the Will of the Father, “For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.” John 6:38

5) To Give His Life a Ransom for Many “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45

The Bible speaks of about 30 direct statements of why Jesus came. ..

https://www.kevinhalloran.net/christmas-bible-verses/

Of all of then, I am sure He came to teach us to pray and have a relationship with His Father as adopted children and be persistent in prayer for righteous causes (Luke 11:1-5). If you study the history of revivals, awakenings and reformations — they all, from the FIRST OUTPOURING IN ACTS 1-2 TO THE LAST STARTED BY BEING ALL TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE IN UNITY, (Ps 122).

Perhaps the main reasons Jesus came was to suffer and die and leave us an example of humble suffering since Peter says we should follow in His steps: “But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His footsteps: 22 “He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in His mouth” (1 Peter 2:20-22).

To Die: “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. “Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour.” John 12:24-27

To raise from the Dead so man can live forever (I was dead but live and I have the keys of death and hell, Rev says). Also...

“14 Since the children have flesh and blood, He too shared in their humanity, so that by His death He might destroy him who holds the power of death, that is, the devil, 15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death... He had to be made like His brothers in every way, that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, in order to make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted” (Heb 14-18).

And my favorite — “For this purpose the Son of God came into the world — to destroy the works if the devil (1 John).

Let’s be careful of over-simplifying the wondrous statements explaining the mysteries of why Jesus came, but let us study and teach them to obey EVERYTHING He commanded (Matt 28:19-20).

Last edited:

Similar Requests

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come; thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine...
Replies
Views
“Pray then in this way, ‘Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. --- Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. --- For...
Replies
Views
“Pray then in this way, ‘Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. --- Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. --- For...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom