'Consistent Pattern, Eager Listeners' - Luke 21:37-38

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Every day Jesus went to the Temple to teach, and each evening he returned to spend the night on the Mount of Olives. The crowds gathered at the Temple early each morning to hear him.

Luke 21:37-38 NLT

Key Thought​

At this point, Jesus still found eager listeners. His habit during this last week in Jerusalem before his crucifixion was consistent. The Mount of Olives was his place of rest and prayer. The Temple was his location during the day. The people could find him, and they did. They drew near to listen to him. Little did they know they were hearing his last words before his fretful hours with the disciples and his trip to the cross. But we know they were his last words prior to his death, so let's draw near and listen carefully and ask God to help us hear what was on Jesus' heart. Let's give thanks that God chose to reveal himself to us in such a human way.

Today's Prayer​

Father, how can I thank you for letting me overhear the last words of Jesus as he spoke to the crowds in the Temple, went to the Mount of Olives, and ultimately went to the cross? Help me not only to hear his words but also to be touched and changed by them. In his name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Jesus had a consistent schedule of teaching until He was arrested and crucified.
He didn't wallow in the misery of what was to come. He continued to be faithful to serve and fulfill His calling on earth before His death. What an example of emotional and spiritual stability in Him who was completely God while simultaneously being completely human! There is always more for me to learn as I follow Him.

Similar Requests

• Article
But Jesus said [to the apostles], "You feed [the crowd]." "With what?" they asked. "We'd have to work for months to earn enough money to buy food for all these people!" "How much bread do you have?" he asked. "Go and find out." They came back and reported, "We have five loaves of bread and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
After [Jesus and the disciples] had crossed the lake, they landed at Gennesaret. They brought the boat to shore and climbed out. The people recognized Jesus at once, and they ran throughout the whole area, carrying sick people on mats to wherever they heard he was. Wherever he went — in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But soon a fierce storm came up [as Jesus and some disciples were crossing the Sea of Galilee]. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water. Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, "Teacher, don't...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus and his companions went to the town of Capernaum. When the Sabbath day came, he went into the synagogue and began to teach. The people were amazed at his teaching, for he taught with real authority — quite unlike the teachers of religious law. —Mark 1:21-22 NLT Key Thought Jesus went to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When [Jesus and the others] came to the home of the synagogue leader, Jesus saw much commotion and weeping and wailing. He went inside and asked, "Why all this commotion and weeping? The child isn't dead; she's only asleep." —Mark 5:38-39 NLT Key Thought One of the ways early Christians...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom