'Choosing To Be Good Soil' - Matthew 13:23

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus concluded his explanation of the parable of the soils:] "The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God's word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!"

Matthew 13:23 NLT

Key Thought​

While much of the seed in this parable doesn't produce fruit, that which does is wildly productive. The key is the soil's receptivity and fertility. Jesus says this good soil refers to a person's willingness to really listen and the gift of really understanding what he says. When a person really listens and is committed to be good soil, the Spirit gives the gift of understanding (1 Corinthians 2:9-12), and then growth and productivity come about naturally. Jesus' purpose in telling this parable is not only to explain why so many find their walk in Jesus unproductive, but also to drive home the point that each of us is responsible for how we hear his message. We determine our hearts' receptivity. If we want to be good soil, we can be. If our will is to seek after God's truth, we'll find it! God gives his blessing of understanding and productivity to those who diligently seek him in faith.

Today's Prayer​

Holy God, please share with me your wisdom so that I may know your truth. Give me understanding that I may live your will. Please forgive me for having been inattentive to your word in the past and unwilling to pay the price to learn your truth. I want to know your truth and be set free to live a productive life in your service. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
OAh2DlKj7FI

Continue reading...

[Jesus concluded his explanation of the parable of the soils:] "The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God's word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!"

Matthew 13:23 NLT

Key Thought​

While much of the seed in this parable doesn't produce fruit, that which does is wildly productive. The key is the soil's receptivity and fertility. Jesus says this good soil refers to a person's willingness to really listen and the gift of really understanding what he says. When a person really listens and is committed to being good soil, the Spirit gives the gift of understanding (1 Corinthians 2:9-12), and then growth and productivity come about naturally. Jesus' purpose in telling this parable is not only to explain why so many find their walk-in Jesus unproductive but also to drive home the point that each of us is responsible for how we hear his message. We determine our hearts' receptivity. If we want to be good soil, we can be. If our will is to seek after God's truth, we'll find it! God gives his blessing of understanding and productivity to those who diligently seek him in faith.

Today's Prayer​

Holy God, please share with me your wisdom so that I may know your truth. Give me an understanding that I may live your will. Please forgive me for having been inattentive to your word in the past and unwilling to pay the price to learn your truth. I want to know your truth and be set free to live a productive life in your service. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
OAh2DlKj7FI

Continue reading...

Much needed! I was thinking about what does good soil means yesterday, and now I see your post! Praise to the Lord!

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
God sent a man, John the Baptist, to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony. —John 1:6-7 NLT Key Thought For most of us to have heard the message of Christ, there had to be a "John" for us! Who was your "John"? Who prepared the soil of your heart to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus replied [to the woman at Jacob's well], "Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life." —John 4:13-14 NLT Key Thought So often, we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
After [Jesus] was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered he had said ["Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up"], and they believed both the Scriptures and what Jesus had said. —John 2:22 NLT Key Thought We often feel that our faith would be greatly bolstered if we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus knew the Pharisees had heard that he was baptizing and making more disciples than John (though Jesus himself didn't baptize them — his disciples did). So he left Judea and returned to Galilee. —John 4:1-3 NLT Key Thought Jesus' ministry with his disciples involved baptizing. However...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, "The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses. So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don't follow their example. For they don't practice what they teach." —Matthew 23:1-3 NLT Key...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom