'Checking Out Jesus' - Mark 3:7-8

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Jesus went out to the lake with his disciples, and a large crowd followed him. They came from all over Galilee, Judea, Jerusalem, Idumea, from east of the Jordan River, and even from as far north as Tyre and Sidon. The news about his miracles had spread far and wide, and vast numbers of people came to see him.

Mark 3:7-8 NLT

Key Thought​

So often the people who think they don't believe in Jesus have never been exposed to him. Jesus meets us in many ways, but there are at least two ways that are crucial for most unbelievers. One of the most important ways for folks to meet Jesus is by experiencing him through the gospel stories. (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the New Testament contain these gospel stories.) A second way for outsiders to experience Jesus is through his presence in the world today through the compassion, care, and character of Jesus' body, the people of his church. In both of these cases, the invitation is nearly always the same: "Come. See for yourself!" One of our biggest opportunities to bring people to Christ is to invite them to meet Jesus and not just to trust what they've heard about him. So let's invite people to meet Jesus by providing them ready access to the New Testament or the Bible (see note below), inviting them to appropriate movies, or giving them historically accurate videos about Jesus' life. Let's invite folks to come "meet" Jesus and "see him" for themselves.
Note: Bible societies offer inexpensive copies of the New Testament or the Bible, which can be given away. Also, there are free apps and free Bibles for mobile devices, and there is free access to Bibles by way of browsers on computers or mobile devices. An Internet search for "Bible societies," "free Bible app," or "free online Bible" will yield multiple resources.

Today's Prayer​

Father, use me to invite people to come and meet Jesus. Open my eyes to see those searching for him, and fashion my life so that it is an appropriate example to them in their search. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Then Jesus' mother and brothers came to see him. They stood outside and sent word for him to come out and talk with them. There was a crowd sitting around Jesus, and someone said, "Your mother and your brothers are outside asking for you." Jesus replied, "Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?"...
Replies
Views
  • Article
These are the twelve [Jesus] chose: —Mark 3:16-19 NLT Key Thought People in God's family have names, histories, futures — and failures. They are different in their interests and their vocations. Yet they all have one thing in common: Jesus! Let's not limit our expectations or dreams for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "My child, your sins are forgiven." But some of the teachers of religious law who were sitting there thought to themselves, "What is he saying? This is blasphemy! Only God can forgive sins!" —Mark 2:5-7 NLT Key Thought Yes, the statement...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Since it was the Sabbath, Jesus' enemies watched him closely. If he healed the man's hand, they planned to accuse him of working on the Sabbath. —Mark 3:2 NLT Key Thought The opposites of Jesus' compassionate eyes (see Mark 3:1 and yesterday's devotional) were the condemning and critical eyes...
Replies
Views
  • Article
After some time Paul said to Barnabas, "Let's go back and visit each city where we previously preached the word of the Lord, to see how the new believers are doing." Barnabas agreed and wanted to take along John Mark. But Paul disagreed strongly, since John Mark had deserted them in Pamphylia...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom