Can a Christian lose salvation?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Answer: First, the term Christian must be defined. A “Christian” is not a person who has said a prayer or walked down an aisle or been raised in a Christian family. While each of these things can be a part of the Christian experience, they are not what makes a Christian. A Christian is a person who has fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and therefore possesses the Holy Spirit (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8–9).

A genuine born-again Christian/a real Christian cannot lose salvation. God has fulfilled His promise of salvation through His Son. God has the authority to secure salvation of His beloved children through the sanctifying work of His Spirit.

When You Think Of Me, Please Pray For Me,
Encourager Linda Flagg, M.A., B.S., BCPCLC
Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach
www.theencourager.net / www.encourager.us

A Christian is a person who has fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and therefore possesses the Holy Spirit (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8–9).

Yes, I agree! We can see that true believers practice what they preach - by following the teachings of Jesus Christ, regardless of the situation they may be facing! We need to overcome challenges, stay firm in the faith and be loyal. God is a wonderful Teacher! :)

A Piece of Older Theology Has Some Very Valid Points...

Westminster Confession of 1646: Chapter XVII. Of the Perseverance of the Saints​

I. They, whom God hath accepted in His Beloved, effectually called, and sanctified by His Spirit, can neither totally nor finally fall away from the state of grace, but shall certainly persevere therein to the end, and be eternally saved, (Phl 1:6; 2Pe 1:10; Jhn 10:28-29; 1Jo 3:9; 1Pe 5:9).

II. This perseverance of the saints depends not upon their own free will, but upon the immutability of the decree of election, flowing from the free and unchangeable love of God the Father, (2Ti 2:18-19; Jer 31:3); upon the efficacy of the merit and intercession of Jesus Christ, (Hbr 10:10, 14; Hbr 13:20-21; Hbr 9:12-15; Rom 8:33-39; Jhn 17:11, 24; Luk 22:32; Hbr 7:25); the abiding of the Spirit, and of the seed of God within them, (Jhn 14:16-17; 1Jo 2:27; 1Jo 3:9); and the nature of the covenant of grace: from all which ariseth also the certainty and infallibility thereof, (Jer 32:40; Jhn 10:28; 2Th 3:3; 1Jo 2:19).

III. Nevertheless, they may, through the temptations of Satan and of the world, the prevalency of corruption remaining in them, and the neglect of the means of their preservation, fall into grievous sins, (Mat 26:70, 72, 74); and, for a time, continue therein, (Psa 51:14): whereby they incur Gods, displeasure, (Isa 64:5, 7, 9; 2Sa 11:27); and grieve His Holy Spirit, (Eph 4:30); come to be deprived of some measure of their graces and comforts, (Psa 51:8, 10, 12; Rev 2:4; Sgs 5:2-4, 6); have their hearts hardened, (Isa 63:17; Mar 6:52; Mar 16:14); and their consciences wounded, (Psa 32:3-4; Ps 51:8); hurt and scandalize others, (2Sa 12:14); and bring temporal judgments upon themselves, (Psa 89:31-32; 1Co 11:32).

A Piece of Older Theology Has Some Very Valid Points...

God is married to the backslider.
Jeremiah 3:14-16

Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Hosea 14:4

“I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely, For My anger has turned away from him.

Yes, God's appeals to Israel were written to turn them from the destructive idolatry (much focused on the fertility gods and goddesses of the heathen the Israelites whose temptations they were were supposed to circumvent by eradication, not for the sake of the gentile peoples evil, but for the sins the conduct of the nations they were to drive out could and did lead astray the very adopted sons and daughters of Israel (who were commanded in which not to engage, and those who did were blinded).

Warnings from Israel’s Past
(1 Cor 10:1-11; Numbers 16:41–50; Numbers 25:1–5)

1 I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud, and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them, for they were struck down in the wilderness.

6 These things took place as examples to keep us from craving evil things as they did.7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were. As it is written: “The people sat down to eat and to drink, and got up to indulge in revelry.” 8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. 9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did, and were killed by snakes. 10 And do not complain, as some of them did, and were killed by the destroying angel.

11 Now these things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come. 12 So the one who thinks he is standing firm should be careful not to fall.13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide an escape, so that you can stand up under it.

Not only does Paul warn us... John The Baptist, Jesus, Peter, Jude and James all warn us, collectively. The Writer to The Hebrews Epistle is summarized entirety to those who have believed to not return to the past. James concludes his Epistle with the words to his fellow believers (Christians)...

19 My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20 consider this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and cover over a multitude of sins.…

Yes, God's appeals to Israel were written to turn them from the destructive idolatry (much focused on the fertility gods and goddesses of the heathen the Israelites whose temptations they were were supposed to circumvent by eradication, not for the sake of the gentile peoples evil, but for the sins the conduct of the nations they were to drive out could and did lead astray the very adopted sons and daughters of Israel (who were commanded in which not to engage, and those who did were blinded).

I Never Knew You

Mathew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Everyone who says they are a Christian is not saved. Some just want a fire insurance policy not to burn in hell. And the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. They are irrevocable.

A true Christian is justified. “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1). To justify is to declare righteous. All those who receive Jesus as Savior are “declared righteous” by God. For a Christian to lose salvation, God would have to go back on His Word and “un-declare” what He had previously declared. Those absolved of guilt would have to be tried again and found guilty. God would have to reverse the sentence handed down from the divine bench.

A genuine born-again Christian/a real Christian cannot lose salvation. God has fulfilled His promise of salvation through His Son. God has the authority to secure salvation of His beloved children through the sanctifying work of His Spirit.

And when I wrote God is married to the backslider, there is no devoice when it comes to a true Christian. God is a forgiving God and Jesus has paid the price for our sins.

Thank you for replying to what I wrote. I should have explained it better, what I was talking about.

Last edited:
"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Answer: First, the term Christian must be defined. A “Christian” is not a person who has said a prayer or walked down an aisle or been raised in a Christian family. While each of these things can be a part of the Christian experience, they are not what makes a Christian. A Christian is a person who has fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and therefore possesses the Holy Spirit (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8–9).

When You Think Of Me, Please Pray For Me,
Encourager Linda Flagg, M.A., B.S., BCPCLC
Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach
www.theencourager.net / www.encourager.us
Dear LORD,
Today I come in prayer to You LORD, as we pray that You would hear our prayer's over this situation(s), and that their prayer to You would be answer quickly, in accordance to Your divine will, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen! All the glory, honor and praise be to You, Almighty God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen. !!

The following links are video's from Pastor Robert Breaker of: thecloudchurch.org on"HOW TO BE SAVED ETERNALLY", Once SAVED, ALWAYS SAVED !!! Please get SAVED/BORNAGAIN, today. If you are ALREADY SAVED/BORNAGAIN, please pass these link's and video's on to your FAMILY MEMBER'S and FRIEND'S, and to ANYONE else that you can, thank you and God Bless !

* NOTE: You MUST be born again and have faith in the blood of Jesus Christ and His FINISHED work on the cross, in order to see the Kingdom of God.** (see scripture below):

((John 3:3) -- 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.))

There are only 2 choices: HEAVEN or HELL, which will you choose?

Jesus Christ is the "ONLY" WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.

((John14:5-11) -5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.))

See how to be SAVED/BORN AGAIN, and to know that you have ETERNAL SALVATION !!

THE PLAN OF SALVATION - (How to be SAVED eternally) !!

WHAT DOES THE BLOOD HAVE TO DO WITH MY SIN ? -- (FAITH IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST)

DOES THE BIBLE TEACH DISPENSATIONS ?!?!

** FOR MANY OTHER GREAT "SERMONS" from (2014-2024) + "VERSE BY VERSE", TEACHINGS by ROBERT BREAKER, go to:
www.thecloudchurch.org

FREE ONLINE KING JAMES BIBLE (God's PRESERVED word), This site also has "AUDIO" to hear the bible read to you.

Similar Requests

• Article
James 5:16 (KJV): The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16 (NLT): The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. Prayer Focus: God, I ask You in Jesus' name to cover my family, my friends, the writer of this prayer, and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
John 15:16: You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 1 Corinthians 1:27: But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
God’s Word Is My Foundation John 1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Psalm 119:160: The entirety of Your Word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever. John 17:17: Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The closer we get to God the more of God we will experience. But there is a price we have to pay. We have to die to self-daily. And our "ego" and pride can keep us from paying the price and experiencing more of God. Ego stands for Easing God Out. Ego is the Latin word for "I." We must die to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is one of my favorite songs! Heaven is a glorious place. It is so comforting to know that death is not the end for those of us who believe and know Jesus Christ as our Savior. We will have eternal life through Christ. God has prepared a new home for us where there will be no more tears...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom