Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Intercessor

Beloved of All
A NATIONAL ESTHER FAST
June 30th to July 3rd, 2020 | From GovPray.com

Lord, hear our prayer and heal our land.

A Call to the American Church

It is June, 2020. Much of America is in the throes of race riots, even as our country continues to contend with the coronavirus. Economically we are in deep distress with companies going bankrupt, accelerating unemployment and trillions of dollars being added to the national debt, all in the midst of ongoing trade wars and international upheaval. Because of supply chain difficulties, food shortages are starting to appear even as farmers and ranchers are being forced to destroy the fruits of their own labors. Politically we are fractured, and the cultural divide within our country grows ever larger.

In short, America is in big trouble. The reasons for this are many, but I believe they can be summed up in one sentence. Our nation has turned away from God.

The Creator blessed this country because we – as a nation – chose to honor and obey Him. But as we became accustomed to the fruits of those blessings, we also became complacent in our reliance upon His divine providence. Instead, we have focused upon ourselves: our comfort, desires, importance, abilities, self-sufficiency, intellect, power, leisure and lusts. Our relationship with God became uncomfortable, then inconvenient, and finally irrelevant. Over time we have systematically removed Him from our schools, our workplaces, our government and even – in many cases – our churches. And now it appears that He, in turn, has removed His hand of blessing from our nation.

Having said that, I know that many thousands (if not millions) of people have been praying for our country and its leaders, and for revival in our land. Surely these prayers have been heard, but the church has yet to break through. How then should we pray?

It seems to me that our situation bears a number of striking similarities to the story recounted in the Old Testament book of Esther. We see an ungodly, decadent society; an impulsive ruler often lacking in basic decorum; a group of people with a history defined by racial oppression, discrimination and enslavement; and a defining moment when the conflict between righteousness and evil comes to a head. (If you aren’t familiar with Esther, please read it. It is short, but you will be greatly blessed.)

In the 4th chapter of Esther, we read:

Then Mordecai told them to reply to Esther, “Do not imagine that you in the king’s palace can escape any more than all the Jews. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?” Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai, “Go, assemble all the Jews who are found in Susa, and fast for me; do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maidens also will fast in the same way. And thus I will go in to the king, which is not according to the law; and if I perish, I perish.” So Mordecai went away and did just as Esther had commanded him. – Est 4:13-17

Most of us are well familiar with Mordecai’s suggestion that God had put Esther into the king’s circle “for such a time as this.” But as I meditated on this passage, it dawned on me that the Jews of Susa, the capital city, were likewise positioned for their role as intercessors on behalf of the queen. God had prepared the hearts of the Jews, and the Holy Spirit moved Esther to seek their prayer cover.

It is my personal belief that America is on the verge of destruction. I do not believe that we can spend or grow our way out of this predicament. I believe that we are reaping the whirlwind we have sown, and I do not believe that America’s best days are ahead of us.

Rather, I fear that our country’s days are numbered. That America is under the righteous judgment of God and that we stand guilty before Him. Whether or not this country can be saved, I do not know. But I do know that as David said in 1st Chronicles 21:13, “I am in great distress; please let me fall into the hand of the Lord, for His mercies are very great. But do not let me fall into the hand of man.”

For these reasons, I believe it is time for the corporate Body of Christ to humble ourselves before God and submit to a three day Esther fast. It needs to be nation-wide, ecumenical and publicly declared (not by the government, but by our spiritual leaders). It should be open to all Americans regardless of their faith tradition, as it is God’s business how He deals with individuals. Anyone who approaches Him in repentance and humility will receive of His grace and mercy. (Acts 2:21)

Perhaps God will hear our prayer and save our land. Perhaps it is too late. If we perish, we perish. But until the end comes, the true Church of God must persevere.

Details:

The fast will be held from sundown on Tuesday, June 30 to sundown on Friday, July 3, 2020 (three full days). Both Friday and Saturday are national holidays, so banks, the post office and many other places of business will be closed.

During the fast, those who are physically capable should refrain from all food and drink, including water. (Paul also performed this fast as we see in Acts 9:9.) This is a very difficult fast, but that is the point. If you are not physically able to participate at this level, prayerfully consider how God would have you join us. These are difficult times, and we need to be willing to sacrificially shoulder this burden. The enemy will present every reason, obstacle and justification not to participate, or to do it half-heartedly. Do not give him the victory!

That being said, pregnant women, nursing mothers, the infirm and children should not attempt a full Esther fast. If your job requires you to be outside during the heat of the day, you probably shouldn’t abstain from water. A good guide would seem to be Paul’s admonition (concerning giving) in 2nd Corinthians 9:7 – Let everyone do just as he has purposed in his own heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. Consult your physician if in doubt.

Please spread the word to your church, family, friends and social media contacts. And be sure to read the following guide to fasting. It explains the various types of fasts along with important precautions and suggested guidelines. Additionally, you might consider using Zoom, FaceTime, Skype or a similar platform to encourage, support and pray with your friends throughout the fast.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. A broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise. (Ps 51:17)

www.GovPray.com

Praying with and for you in Jesus.

We can do everything Jesus did and more! We can speak; sickness leave in Jesus! Be healed by Jesus stripes! I am healed by Jesus stripes! Amen! Thank You Lord Jesus!

You can copy and paste this to pray every day and share...

There is nothing that happens for us that is bad. All things work for our good in Jesus! Look at everything as good!

Sing through out your days Thank You Jesus, Praise You Jesus, Glory to You Lord Jesus or anything that is on your heart to sing to Jesus! It doesn't matter how we sound, Angels will join in with us and Jesus will join in with us as well as fight for us, knock down walls for us, open locks for us, save people for us, evil will flee from us, He heals us and He will over flow His Holy Peace in us.

Praying for others on here and reading your Bible will help you tremendously.

I wanted to commit suicide once, I even came up with a plan. Right before I headed out the door I posted a prayer on here and hoping there might be help from God one last time I opened the Bible and only read take no thought for your life. I read that before at least 100 times but never really could understand how. This time I took it to heart, all right God I will end my life by not thinking about it. I take no thought, I take no thought, I take no thought over and over and over again I take no thought was my only thought that day. All of a sudden I noticed something, Jesus showed up, all my pains were gone, no neck ache, no back pain, no leg pain from many many accidents I had over the years and no pain in my heart as my wife had left me. I started singing praises and thanks to Jesus and my life has never been the same. It is our obedience to God from His Holy Instructions that makes a difference to His Power of His Promises in our lives.

Be a doer of Jesus friend, it really makes a difference! Thank You Lord Jesus!

Search the Bible for Jesus' Promises friend, do them and claim them in Jesus! Amen! Thank You Lord Jesus!

Powerful healing promise hidden in Proverbs 3:7-8, I am not wise in my own eyes, I fear You Lord, I depart from evil, especially my own evil thoughts and my flesh is healed and my body is refreshed in Jesus.

Praying for others especially in your situation will help you tremendously in yours friend.

Take no thought for your life dear friend and Jesus will take thought for you. Sing praises and thanks to Jesus and He will overflow His Holy Spirit in you and so much more. He will fight for you and give you the desires of your heart.

Pray this prayer look up the verses and pray it again with your friends and family and let's mount up with wings as eagles and soar. Soar with me.

Let Us Pray: God I ask in Jesus' name, bless me to grow closer to You. I long for a more intimate relationship with You. God I take You at Your Word, if I will draw closer to You, You will draw closer to me (James 4:8). Show me how to draw closer to You. Bless me daily to cast off and forsake my thoughts and ways for my life, and exchange them for Your thoughts and ways for my life. Let me think Your thoughts and dream Your dreams for my life. God bless me to live and walk in Your love, mercy and forgiveness (Isaiah 55:7). I confess, I will take no thought for my life. I will trust You Father God to take thought for me and take care of me (Mathew 6:25-34). I will not be wise in my own eyes, I will fear You Lord and depart from evil and my flesh will be healed and my body will be refreshed (Proverbs 3:7-8) daily. Thank You Jesus for Your Promises! Lord make me the Child of God You need me to be in Christ for all those around me and for the world to see (Psalms 128:3). Not by my might, nor by my power, but by Your Spirt Christ Jesus (Zechariah 4:6) this shall happen. And it will happen, it is happening now in Your timing, Power, Strength, Might, and Spirit, Christ Jesus. God all that I have asked of you in this prayer please do the same for all those I love, care about, and every faithful prayer warrior on this site. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Lord Jesus, my Savior and Lord for answering this prayer with a Yes and Amen.

Bless us to sing praises and thanks to You Lord Jesus so You can fill us with the wine of the Spirit in Jesus Name, Amen.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray on your behalf. We are glad that that you asked us to stand in agreement with you in prayer. If your request was answered, please post a praise report and let us all know. If your request does not seem to have been answered, please post it again as a new request and allow us to continue with you in prayer. We all hope that our prayers are answered in the way that we want. Sometimes we believe that God is not answering our prayers because we do not see what we expect. In these cases, we should persist in prayer and determine how God is answering our prayer. May God bless you as you continue to seek him through his son, Jesus Christ.

Similar Requests

• Article
I have gone to Bible College and Seminary. But this YouTube video breaks it down better than any Church history book I have read or map that I have tried to understand. I have peace when it comes to Israel. I am standing on the Word of God concerning Israel. God can not lie. What is going on in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Parenting teens is one of the best, hardest, most growing things I've ever done. "Marriage will show you your true selfishness," they said. So I braced myself, but the blow never came. Marriage quickly became a haven I had never dreamed possible. "Parenting," then, because they said, "it's...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom