Being the only saved person in an unsaved family

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Well...I'm sure a lot of us have unsaved loved ones.{But to different degrees.Some have unsaved ones that become saved later on..others, the whole family becomes saved..} I wonder, though, if there are cases besides mine where they are the ONLY one in the family saved,or if mine is a unique case.{or at least very rare.}Like, from childhood on , it was "in me" to look for "something beyond" the ordinary daily life, and I, was always kind of "drawn to" Biblical things, and instead of being hostile towards it, I didn't have a problem believing it. Probably the Spirit beginning to draw me.So then when I saw the Hal Lindsey book of end time prophecy, and the need to accept Jesus to avoid the Lake of Fire,I didn't have a problem believing it, and accepting. And have accepted the Lord ever since.Now on the other hand, my family..my mother sits transfixed by her tv watching shows about the devils way, ghosts, seances , psychics,etc{From the beginning}My sister is an "activist" for all the worldly, ungodly causes ,completely misled, hangs out with other "like-minded people", and tries to make "converts" out of others to her own misled beliefs.{And puts her" beliefs" ahead of her family for being misled she makes those who disagree with her the enemy, and has this "new age" way of thinking that there's no old time values, like family.I also have an aunt who constantly badmouths Christians. Just mentioning the word "Christian" around her sets her off on a rant against Christians. Yet I was "chosen" out of it.Makes me think of the statement by Jesus,"I came not to put peace, but a sword between___"And,"come out from among them, and touch not the unclean thing."But I guess God knows beforehand who he'll chose.

Steven Bobb, how do you feel about it? sometimes its very hard to be the only one saved in your family. I sometimes feel alone, rejected, humilated etc...It would be so nice to have someone to pray with and talk about God with in your family, right? My loved ones are atheists and despise all kind of spirituality...

Steven Bobb, how do you feel about it? sometimes its very hard to be the only one saved in your family. I sometimes feel alone, rejected, humilated etc...It would be so nice to have someone to pray with and talk about God with in your family, right? My loved ones are atheists and despise all kind of spirituality...
I am the only saved person in a large family who profess to be Christians but break every single commandment and even enter into the demon worship because of a desire to acquire wealth.
It is very hard but with God's help, its becomes rewarding because though they tend to look down on us, they often come running to us in the trying times. I pray for them with tears and groaning that God may open their eyes to see His light and often I find that I have to ask God to help me love them because of the cruel things they do to me. God always answers by giving me a heart full of forgiveness and love for them. They reject me when things are going alright for them and then they look for me when problems arise.

I used to call in alot of prayer lines for their salvation,as well as pray myself.Years past, but they're as opposite the Truth as ever.Then on top of that, you hear of others who have loved ones who get saved,The worst part is when you hear see and hear them get deeper into UNgodly things.I say,"well, it's between them and God" more than I used to,after all those years of it, I'm like, well, it's in Gods hands now.

I used to call in alot of prayer lines for their salvation,as well as pray myself.Years past, but they're as opposite the Truth as ever.Then on top of that, you hear of others who have loved ones who get saved,The worst part is when you hear see and hear them get deeper into UNgodly things.I say,"well, it's between them and God" more than I used to,after all those years of it, I'm like, well, it's in Gods hands now.

I think similar, i pray for their salvation when the Holy spirit leads me. It is the mercy of God when the whole family is saved. I used to have guilt that i am not praying enough or doing something wrong.....but not any more. It is in the hands of God, like you say....

I am the only saved person in a large family who profess to be Christians but break every single commandment and even enter into the demon worship because of a desire to acquire wealth.
It is very hard but with God's help, its becomes rewarding because though they tend to look down on us, they often come running to us in the trying times. I pray for them with tears and groaning that God may open their eyes to see His light and often I find that I have to ask God to help me love them because of the cruel things they do to me. God always answers by giving me a heart full of forgiveness and love for them. They reject me when things are going alright for them and then they look for me when problems arise.
It is very hard being the only one who knows Christ and at times, they even make me doubt my confession (am ashamed to say this but its true...they seem so sure of themselves) but God always proves Himself before my eyes and I always end up crying ashamed of my doubt and that is when i become even more convinced that it is only by Grace that we have salvation. Let us continue praying for those that we love that they may receive Jesus Christ as their saviour and thus attain peace in this life.

Well...I'm sure a lot of us have unsaved loved ones.{But to different degrees.Some have unsaved ones that become saved later on..others, the whole family becomes saved..} I wonder, though, if there are cases besides mine where they are the ONLY one in the family saved,or if mine is a unique case.{or at least very rare.}Like, from childhood on , it was "in me" to look for "something beyond" the ordinary daily life, and I, was always kind of "drawn to" Biblical things, and instead of being hostile towards it, I didn't have a problem believing it. Probably the Spirit beginning to draw me.So then when I saw the Hal Lindsey book of end time prophecy, and the need to accept Jesus to avoid the Lake of Fire,I didn't have a problem believing it, and accepting. And have accepted the Lord ever since.Now on the other hand, my family..my mother sits transfixed by her tv watching shows about the devils way, ghosts, seances , psychics,etc{From the beginning}My sister is an "activist" for all the worldly, ungodly causes ,completely misled, hangs out with other "like-minded people", and tries to make "converts" out of others to her own misled beliefs.{And puts her" beliefs" ahead of her family for being misled she makes those who disagree with her the enemy, and has this "new age" way of thinking that there's no old time values, like family.I also have an aunt who constantly badmouths Christians. Just mentioning the word "Christian" around her sets her off on a rant against Christians. Yet I was "chosen" out of it.Makes me think of the statement by Jesus,"I came not to put peace, but a sword between___"And,"come out from among them, and touch not the unclean thing."But I guess God knows beforehand who he'll chose.
It is first the Sword without the peace and then comes the peace like a river DESPITE the heavy cutting sword....peace and peace...

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Let us know this one important thing as followers of Christ, that if we can defeat the demon of hate for our enemies, they can turn to Christ simply because of the love that they see in us...the greatest is LOVE...

Similar Requests

Jesus, please save my family and friends. Please romance my unsaved roommates and encourage the one who is involved with church. Please help her family understand she doesn’t need to be a specific denomination to be Christian. Help my young family members who have been exposed to way too much in...
Replies
Views
Our Nigerian family is living in the constant fear of not knowing: “Will we be attacked at our next church gathering? Will our village be set on fire? Will we be kidnapped?” Just the threat of violence is enough to steal joy and snuff out peace. Our great God, we come before you and plead for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
THE TEST God tests His people, most often, in these genuses: servant, family, church, city, and nation. 1) Will the servant keep their hand to the plow; or run back to Egypt? 2) Will the family serve their own emotions; or "Do the will of the Father?" 3) Will the church be a house of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
https://donnareidland.com/how-to-successfully-read-through-the-bible/ Why It Is So Important to Read through the Bible even if you've tried and failed in the past December 2, 2022 Posted by Donna Reidland Christian Living This year is fast drawing to a close and many of us are thinking...
Replies
Views
Me and my girlfriend started the relationship in 2018…it is almost 5 years now. Until 2020 everything was super cool. Her parents are separated so she always wanted me and was addicted to me. She couldn’t even stay without contacting me a single hour. We met and go on dates always. We had good...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom