Are You A Reviler? What does it mean to be a reviler?

Don

Beloved of All
Are You A Reviler?

What does it mean to be a reviler? It is to criticize in an abusive or angrily insulting manner: scold, upbraid, berate, rail, to reproach angrily and abusively, bullying. To scold implies rebuking in irritation or in an ill temper justly or unjustly.

What does God's word say about those who do such things?
1 Corinthians 6:10 Neither thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

When we see others in situations or in sin, the word says we are to restore them meekly. If we become harsh and angry trying to do so, then we have become a reviler. The word puts that type of person in a category that is most dangerous. As we can see by the scripture, that type of person will not inherit the kingdom of God. We have to, as children of God, do all things in love. When we are trying to help someone and keep them from stumbling, we need to remember not to end up reviling angrily or hatefully. If we end up doing this, we are not following God's word and are in danger.

What if we are the one being reviled? How should we react? 1 Peter 2:23 says Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
This is an admonishment to safeguard ourselves in our ministering to others. We all are accountable for our actions, so in saying this, remember to do all things in love.
 
[SIZE=14pt]Pastor ###, Thank you for this message. I was praying yesterday and this morning for just this thing concerning me. I want to always operate in the Love, Grace, and Mercy that God has shown me. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]This is my prayer: [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]God I ask in Jesus' name may every member on this site (including myself) operate in the Love, Grace, and the Mercy that You have shown each of us. Let us not operate in the spirit of legalism or perfection. None of us are perfect. You O God are perfect. Work on each of us and help us on our Christian journey. He who wins souls are wise. Make each of us wise soul winners for the Kingdom of God. Help each of us in our approach in ministering and praying for those whom we come in contact with on this prayer site and where ever you send us Lord Jesus. [/SIZE]Let Your Love, Grace, and Mercy be in operation and seen in each of our lives. Amen, so be it, and it is so.



 
When confronted with a reviler I wonder if I had a reviling spirit towards the reviler. So much dust gets kicked up and clouds the air and blinds. I've felt a lot of anger in my heart these past few days. Sinners or not I hate to see people getting picked on and it brings to memory not only how I was picked on by others but included my own sin towards others. Sometimes we don't like to look and see what is inside ourselves because we might find something unsavory about ourselves. It is much easier to temporarily feel good (superior) about ourselves looking at the sin of others and pointing that out. The thing is we don't understand the other person's sin as much as we do ours. If we think not we are just in denial. Thank You for this.
 
Praying for this for all of us here. God, bless us and this site, in Jesus; Name amen,
 
I am praying for all of us on this site and God's blessings for everyone here. In Jesus Name I Pray Amen.
 
ALL OF US HERE ARE NEEDY CHILDREN NO MATTER THE AGE, MY PRAYER IS THAT WE ALL ACT IN LOVE AND TRUTH WITH ONE ANOTHER. THERE ARE NO BIG I'S OR LITTLE U'S AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS. ALL AND I DO MEAN ALL HAVE FALLEN SHORT OF OUR PRECIOUS LORDS GLORY, AND WE ALL NEED HIS GRACE MERCY AND FORGIVENESS.  FATHER GOD BEFORE ALL HERE I ASK YOUR FORGIVENESS AND I ASK YOU TO FORGIVE ALL WHOM TRESPASSED AGAINST ME, OR I TOWARDS THEM,  AND I FORGIVE THEM, I ASK YOU NOW TO NOT HOLD ANY CHARGE AGAINST ANYONE IN THIS MATTER. HELP ALL OF US TO BE EXAMPLES OF YOUR LOVE AND REMEMBER THE GREAT DEBT YOU PAID FOR EACH ONE OF US. HELP US ALL BE QUICK TO FORGIVE THAT OUR PRAYERS BE NOT HINDERED, I ASK THIS HUMBLY IN JESUS, MY FORGIVING SAVIORS NAME AMEN.
 
It is so ### be it. Praying for these requests in the name of Jesus. May these prayers and requests reach our Almighty God's high Temple and be met with high favour. In Jesus Name I pray Amen.

To err is human to forgive is divine.
 
Lord remove my sin from me in repentance as I ask for forgiveness. Lord forgive those who have been hurt by my words and actions so that this body that is church be healed. In Jesus name I ask Amen
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Bread of Heaven/Word of Life/ Jesus is the word of God Isaiah 65:8 – “This is what the Lord says: ‘As when juice is still found in a cluster of grapes and people say, “Don’t destroy it, there is still a blessing in it,” so will I do on behalf of my servants; I will not destroy them all.’”...
Replies
9
Views
97
Bread of Heaven/Word of Life/ Jesus is the word of God 2 Chronicles 6:14 – “He said: ‘Lord, the God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth-you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way.'” Extended Explanation: In this verse...
Replies
11
Views
183
Bread of Heaven/Word of Life/ Jesus is the word of God Psalm 128:1 :A song of ascents. Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in obedience to him. Extended Explanation of the Verse: Psalm 128:1 speaks to a profound truth: those who live their lives in reverence and obedience to God are...
Replies
7
Views
143
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,795
Messages
16,781,037
Members
648,358
Latest member
Ethaelreurael

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom