Are we allowed self defense?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

We're supposed to "turn the other cheek."But, are there times when,for practical reasons,we are permitted to defend ourselves?Like, in order to help another?Lets say we're trained to overtake others{before we got saved], and a married Christian man comes home and sees someone raping his wife.Is he supposed to be "mellow"and say,"oh that's fine. Go ahead and rape her.',or is he allowed, under those circumstances,to defend her?If we have a 90 year old disabled mother,and someone is mugging her, should we defend her?Or a child molester doing something with our daughter?In other words,would defense be acceptable under those kind or circumstances?

We're supposed to "turn the other cheek."But, are there times when,for practical reasons,we are permitted to defend ourselves?Like, in order to help another?Lets say we're trained to overtake others{before we got saved], and a married Christian man comes home and sees someone raping his wife.Is he supposed to be "mellow"and say,"oh that's fine. Go ahead and rape her.',or is he allowed, under those circumstances,to defend her?If we have a 90 year old disabled mother,and someone is mugging her, should we defend her?Or a child molester doing something with our daughter?In other words,would defense be acceptable under those kind or circumstances?

Why is it that you come up with off the wall questions to things that are not Biblical? Can't you speak leave my wife alone in Jesus? Maybe because you may not believe in the power of the Name Jesus or maybe because you don't have a wife? I was special forces in the military but I believe more so in the Name Jesus than I do in my own training although I did one time stop a couple of big drunken guys from stealing from some clients. Sometimes we don't know what we will do when presented with something until it happens Steven. But why think about it until something happens? Maybe pray against those things before they happen rather than ask us what we would do.

Why is it that you come up with off the wall questions to things that are not Biblical? Can't you speak leave my wife alone in Jesus? Maybe because you may not believe in the power of the Name Jesus or maybe because you don't have a wife? I was special forces in the military but I believe more so in the Name Jesus than I do in my own training although I did one time stop a couple of big drunken guys from stealing from some clients. Sometimes we don't know what we will do when presented with something until it happens Steven. But why think about it until something happens? Maybe pray against those things before they happen rather than ask us what we would do.
Figures you'd give a critical response.And for your information,there are Christian sites that specialize in answering questions, and call in ministries that answer questions,, so it's not a sin to ask a question. Secondly, I wasn't asking what anyone here would do, I was asking what the Bible allows.Get it right before shooting your mouth off, and letting your dislike for me tarnish your reactions.But that's ok, because I'm no fan of yours either.

Last edited:
"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Figures you'd give a critical response.And for your information,there are Christian sites that specialize in answering questions, and call in ministries that answer questions,, so it's not a sin to ask a question. Secondly, I wasn't asking what anyone here would do, I was asking what the Bible allows.Get it right before shooting your mouth off, and letting your dislike for me tarnish your reactions.But that's ok, because I'm no fan of yours either.

Lol, I don't dislike you but I can dislike what you do which is not honoring Christ's instructions. We are allowed to defend ourselves and others but it usually is better being done so through Jesus.

I let Jesus to defend me and no one else can fight against the Lord because they will be in a huge trouble. God is my protector and my mentor. Whenever someone comes up with something against Gods word, Jesus steps in and makes things go straight. That is one reason I love the Lord so much.

Similar Requests

• Article
I have a friend who hates the word “sexy.” It has a negative connotation for her, while I’m eager to embrace the word when my husband uses it to refer to moi. Our histories and perspectives aren’t the same, and that’s okay. I’ve learned to adjust my word choice when I’m in conversation with...
Replies
Views
Greetings lovely believers, I need the Care and Help of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. My trouble started after my father deserted when I was 3. My brain changed and I was left disabled, there are many things most people take for granted that I cannot do, such as peeling an apple or...
Replies
Views
Dear LORD Jesus Christ, Waiting On God--A Lesson On Prayer From The Eagle I am intrigued with God's creation. God is the greatest artist and scientist ever. Psalm 14:1 says, ?The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.? It takes a fool to say there is no God if he can see and hear the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
1st Corinthians 12.26 - Let your women keep silence in the churches, for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also says the Law. Women are allowed to teach other women and children. I welcome men too . This is not an official church with a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
rqu.st/4807128 YouTube 12 MIDNIGHT 25 MINUTES TO GO IF YOU CANT ATTEND PLEASE PRAY AND LEAVE PRAYERS AND OR MESSAGES OF SUPPORT TO THE JEWS WHO ARE NOT PART OF WHO MESSIAH WARNED ABOUT IN REVELATIONS - AND I KNOW THE BLASPHEMY OF THOSE WHO SAY THEY ARE JEWS BUT ARE NOT THEY ARE THE SYNAGOUE OF...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom