Nobody is reading this thread right now.

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father."

Romans 8:14-15 NLT

Key Thought​

"She wanted a mother. She wanted me to be her mother. And I wanted to be her mother, but it could not be." My wife, Donna, said these words with tears in her eyes as she thought about precious Gladys, a nine-year-old who was in an orphanage in South America. Donna longed to adopt Gladys and make her a part of our family, but it was not possible because of the legal entanglements and restrictions. Donna's ache to share her love with this precious youngster gives me a window into God's heart and how he loves us. He wants to adopt us into his family. He paid the high cost of our adoption with the death of his Son, Jesus, on the cross. He brings us into his family and places his Spirit within us so we can call out, "Abba Father!" and know he is always near. Each of us as one of Jesus' disciples is God's child. He will not let anything separate us from his love for us in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:32-39).

Today's Prayer​

O Father, I cannot fathom your love for me! I do not understand it. I do not deserve it. I have not earned it. But I have yearned for it, and now I rejoice in it. Thank you! In Jesus' name, I thank you. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
rB-a8Bpv4ws

Continue reading...

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father."

Romans 8:14-15 NLT

Key Thought​

"She wanted a mother. She wanted me to be her mother. And I wanted to be her mother, but it could not be." My wife, Donna, said these words with tears in her eyes as she thought about precious Gladys, a nine-year-old who was in an orphanage in South America. Donna longed to adopt Gladys and make her a part of our family, but it was not possible because of the legal entanglements and restrictions. Donna's ache to share her love with this precious youngster gives me a window into God's heart and how he loves us. He wants to adopt us into his family. He paid the high cost of our adoption with the death of his Son, Jesus, on the cross. He brings us into his family and places his Spirit within us so we can call out, "Abba Father!" and know he is always near. Each of us as one of Jesus' disciples is God's child. He will not let anything separate us from his love for us in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:32-39).

Today's Prayer​

O Father, I cannot fathom your love for me! I do not understand it. I do not deserve it. I have not earned it. But I have yearned for it, and now I rejoice in it. Thank you! In Jesus' name, I thank you. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
rB-a8Bpv4ws

Continue reading...
Everyone who loves God will call Him Father who loves us all. Give all the glory and honor to Him who created us and the world for us to see the wonders of His work.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
After Jesus left the synagogue with James and John, they went to Simon and Andrew's home. Now Simon's mother-in-law was sick in bed with a high fever. They told Jesus about her right away. So he went to her bedside, took her by the hand, and helped her sit up. Then the fever left her, and she...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A large crowd was following Jesus. He turned around and said to them, "If you want to be my disciple, you must, by comparison, hate everyone else — your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters — yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple. And if you do not...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Hearing [Jesus' teaching about doing good without expecting repayment], a man sitting at the table with Jesus exclaimed, "What a blessing it will be to attend a banquet in the Kingdom of God!" Jesus replied with this story: "A man prepared a great feast and sent out many invitations. When the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued,] "I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished. Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One day Jesus cast out a demon from a man who couldn't speak, and when the demon was gone, the man began to speak. The crowds were amazed, but some of them said, "No wonder he can cast out demons. He gets his power from Satan, the prince of demons." —Luke 11:14-15 NLT Key Thought One of the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom