A Time For Everything!

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

hourglass-1875812_640image byFunkyFocus.jpg
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-27 is one of my favorite Bible passages, but here we'll only highlight verses 1-8. The passage is prolifically designed to provoke readers to examine time as it relates to lifestyles, decisions, actions, behavior, and spiritual growth. Essentially, Ecclesiastes places a period where humans would rather leave question marks. The Book encapsulates "the true meaning of life" by illuminating what it is not. What it is not is articulated by describing end-games, consequences, and or summations. Yes, Ecclesiastes sums up life through the eyes of Jesus, by showing us ahead of time what to expect when the time comes to look back over our lives.

Consequently, men and women live as though they have forever to do whatever it is they love doing on earth. The Bible, on the other hand, specifically in Ecclesiastes 3:1 emphasizes that there is "A Time for Everything
and a season for every activity under the heavens." For that reason, we should expect that God expects to see growth, spiritually, as well as emotionally. Spiritual growth and emotional growth combined produce evidence of maturity. If you're on the right path, things you did at age 20, no longer seem appropriate at age 40? That said, when are we going to realize that time is running out? Really, if nothing changes, nothing changes!
If the Lord was to come back right this moment what would be the most recent entry in your time capsule?

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 2: 1-8

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
All my time is being used for the glory of God the Father. He has given us life to live for His glory and honor. Everything we have belongs to Him. Breath on me breath of God.... fill me with life anew. That I may love the way You love and do what you would do.

Similar Requests

• Article
May God hear and honor this prayer over your life for protection from all Covid variants. Let Us Pray: God I ask You in Jesus’ name please protect me from getting all Covid variants. Show me what to do, what not to do, where to go, where not to go, and what to take to stay safe and protected...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I. THE WAY OF THE RIGHTEOUS— PSALM 1:1-3 A. They Avoid the Downward Pull of the Ungodly— Psalm 1:1 1. Three Influences of the Ungodly—“counsel, path, seat” 2. Three Involvements With the Ungodly—“walks, stands, sits” 3. Three Intensities of the Ungodly—“ungodly, sinners, scornful” B. They...
Replies
Views
  • Article
7 Powerful Prayers for Wisdom By Dawn Wilson Crosswalk.com Contributing Writer Praying daily for wisdom is a wise thing to do! In Proverbs 8, an intriguing passage about wisdom, the writer asks, “Does not wisdom call out?” Indeed, God’s wisdom does call out, and those who respond positively...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Gods word is true. It is eternal. It will happen everything Jesus predicted and this verse tells us the whole truth about His word. For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. Eccl. 3.1 Let us all turn our hearts toward the direction of Jesus. He is shining...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The wine supply ran out during the [wedding] festivities, so Jesus' mother told him, "They have no more wine." "Dear woman, that's not our problem," Jesus replied. "My time has not yet come." —John 2:3-4 NLT Key Thought As the old saying goes, "Timing is everything!" Deliver the punch line of...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom