A Prayer for Hard Days

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

A Prayer for Hard Days
By Christina Fox
“Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.” James 4:8

We all have hard days. Challenging days. Days that stretch us, sometimes beyond what we can bear. Sometimes these days appear as a series of little irritating events that build up to one terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Other days we wake up to find one huge unexpected event that lands like a bomb in our life.

Sometimes those hard days find us busy and distracted as we try to fix everything that has gone wrong. Or we get so caught up in our thoughts and feelings about our circumstances that it consumes us. Or perhaps we attempt to hide away from struggle of the day in the hopes that if we don't think about it, maybe it will all go just away.

Instead of such responses, hard days are opportunities for us to draw near to God. They are opportunities for us to rely on him, depend on him, and receive more of his grace. Such days remind us how desperate we are and how much we need our Savior.

A Prayer for Hard Days
My God in Jesus' name...

Help me! I am so weary and worn down by this day. So many things are happening all at once and I don't know what to do. I am overwhelmed. It feels like I am standing in a fierce wind that is whipping and swirling around me. I can't move; the force is so strong. It may just knock me down flat. And worse of all, what if I can't get back up again?

Father, I can barely lift my eyes to you. It's all I can do to cry out for help. Please extend your grace to me this day. Help me to see that you are in this and that you are with me. Help me to remember that you are not surprised or taken off guard by the events of this day.

As I dwell and meditate on who you are, I am amazed and filled with wonder that you would love and care for me. No other religion in all the world has a God that loves his people. No other religion has a God that listens and cares about the cries of the human heart. No other religion has a God that would humble himself and take on frail human flesh and live in this sin-stained world. No other religion has a God that would lay down his life for his people.

But you are that God. You are God alone. Your word tells me that before time began you chose me to be yours through your Son, Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:4). You set your love on me and made me yours. Ephesians also says that through Christ, I have "redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace" (1:7).

Forgive me for my fears about this day. Forgive me for how I have complained and muttered about how hard this day has been. Forgive me for forgetting that you are with me. Forgive me for forgetting who I am because of what your Son, Jesus Christ, has done. Forgive me for failing to remember the glorious truths and riches I have because of the gospel.

It is these truths that I am focusing my heart on in the midst of this hard day. I pray the words of Paul and claim them as my own that "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give me the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of my hearts enlightened, that I may know what is the hope to which he has called me, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe" (Ephesians 1:17-19).

Father, hear my prayer. Grant me gospel hope in the midst of this hard day. Help me to cling to your grace, your wisdom, and your strength in Jesus' name I pray.

A Prayer for Hard Days
By Christina Fox
“Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.” James 4:8

We all have hard days. Challenging days. Days that stretch us, sometimes beyond what we can bear. Sometimes these days appear as a series of little irritating events that build up to one terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Other days we wake up to find one huge unexpected event that lands like a bomb in our life.

Sometimes those hard days find us busy and distracted as we try to fix everything that has gone wrong. Or we get so caught up in our thoughts and feelings about our circumstances that it consumes us. Or perhaps we attempt to hide away from struggle of the day in the hopes that if we don't think about it, maybe it will all go just away.

Instead of such responses, hard days are opportunities for us to draw near to God. They are opportunities for us to rely on him, depend on him, and receive more of his grace. Such days remind us how desperate we are and how much we need our Savior.

A Prayer for Hard Days
My God in Jesus' name...

Help me! I am so weary and worn down by this day. So many things are happening all at once and I don't know what to do. I am overwhelmed. It feels like I am standing in a fierce wind that is whipping and swirling around me. I can't move; the force is so strong. It may just knock me down flat. And worse of all, what if I can't get back up again?

Father, I can barely lift my eyes to you. It's all I can do to cry out for help. Please extend your grace to me this day. Help me to see that you are in this and that you are with me. Help me to remember that you are not surprised or taken off guard by the events of this day.

As I dwell and meditate on who you are, I am amazed and filled with wonder that you would love and care for me. No other religion in all the world has a God that loves his people. No other religion has a God that listens and cares about the cries of the human heart. No other religion has a God that would humble himself and take on frail human flesh and live in this sin-stained world. No other religion has a God that would lay down his life for his people.

But you are that God. You are God alone. Your word tells me that before time began you chose me to be yours through your Son, Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:4). You set your love on me and made me yours. Ephesians also says that through Christ, I have "redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace" (1:7).

Forgive me for my fears about this day. Forgive me for how I have complained and muttered about how hard this day has been. Forgive me for forgetting that you are with me. Forgive me for forgetting who I am because of what your Son, Jesus Christ, has done. Forgive me for failing to remember the glorious truths and riches I have because of the gospel.

It is these truths that I am focusing my heart on in the midst of this hard day. I pray the words of Paul and claim them as my own that "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give me the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of my hearts enlightened, that I may know what is the hope to which he has called me, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe" (Ephesians 1:17-19).

Father, hear my prayer. Grant me gospel hope in the midst of this hard day. Help me to cling to your grace, your wisdom, and your strength in Jesus' name I pray.
Amen~God bless you!

Woderful post. Very inspiring. God bless you. Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year as you continue to server Jesus. He loves you and cares for you. Remember this. He will never leave you nor forsake you.

please pray for my relationship to be turn into marriage.the guy loved me alot we were living a happy life but suddenly a lady of GOD told that he is is demonic attack from his ex. i prayed alot . his mother was also agree for our marriage.Now we do no talk to eachother once he contacted me but i afraid to talk him but i am in pain that everyone in my family knows about this. Just pray that may GOD opens all the closed doors , break all the barriers of communication and love among us. a pastor tells me that someone is continuosly saying spells or magic for this issue or to stop our marriage. But i trust GOD that he can make a way where there is no way .

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Let anyone of us Jesus lead your path wherever you are. Believe not everything you hear or read, test under the guidance of the Holy Spirit is those things comes from God. Trust in all the promises Jesus has given to us. Live one day at a time. Young and old come to the holy presence of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Scripture: Psalm 73:25-26: Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Why does God allow bad things happen to godly people, was the complaint that was in Asaph's mind when...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Our chronic pain treatments will help us but the hand of Jesus coming to all of us will take away any pain we may feel. Pain in the body, pain in the soul, pain of loosing someone dear, pain for not being able to find job. So many things to worry about. To stay away from pain shift your...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Does Forgiveness Mean Reconciliation? Does forgiveness mean reconciliation? The quick answer: No. The reason is that forgiveness and reconciliation are two separate things. It is wonderful when relationships can be reconciled. However, that is not always possible or even safe for that matter...
Replies
Views
  • Article
7 Powerful Prayers for Wisdom By Dawn Wilson Crosswalk.com Contributing Writer Praying daily for wisdom is a wise thing to do! In Proverbs 8, an intriguing passage about wisdom, the writer asks, “Does not wisdom call out?” Indeed, God’s wisdom does call out, and those who respond positively...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom