Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[God said,] "I'll give you [my people in Babylonian captivity] a new heart. I'll put a new Spirit in you. I'll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart. Then you'll obey my statutes and be careful to obey my commands. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!"

Ezekiel 11:19-20 MESSAGE

Key Thought​

God had to deal with a rebellious and stubborn people in Ezekiel's day. Of course, those people were not much different than most people we find in history. However, God promised a day when the hard-hearts of his people would be replaced with life-giving hearts, transformed by a new spirit, his Holy Spirit. In that day, under the covenant between God and his people, obedience would come from the transforming power of his Spirit as the people called on the Spirit and as he empowered them to obedience through knowing the will of God. In the New Testament, 2 Corinthians 3 and Romans 8 both talk about this same thing happening with the gift of Jesus and the gift of the Holy Spirit. That Spirit can make us new and transform us to be like Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:18) as we live according to the Spirit (Romans 8:1-4).

Today's Prayer​

O Father God, please work your will in my heart and empower me to live before you with holiness, honor, and obedience through the transforming power of your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
nUwcZ2SE0mY

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Then Peter said [to the lame man], "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." —Mark 5:18-19 NLT Key Thought "Go... tell... everything the LORD has...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Continuing the explanation of his parable, Jesus said,] "The seed that fell among the thorns represents others who hear God's word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced." —Mark...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Later, when Jesus was alone with the twelve disciples and with the others who were gathered around, they asked him what the parables meant. He replied, "You are permitted to understand the secret of the Kingdom of God. But I use parables for everything I say to outsiders, ..." —Mark 4:10-11...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Jesus woke up [in the storm-tossed boat], he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Silence! Be still!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. —Mark 4:39 NLT Key Thought "'Silence! Be still!' ... and there was a great calm." Just as in that terrifying storm for the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom