A MATTER OF BELIEF

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

To The Cities That Have Ears To Hear:

It's all a matter of belief...

God is neither confused about His Word, nor does His Word cause confusion. For those who have ears to hear (willing to receive with understanding), God’s Word is crystal clear. If at any time clarity is needed, He invites us to "Ask Him" for understanding, and He will give it in abundance.

Jesus was not naive concerning His stipulations for reward. The scripture doesn't say that just because someone gives a cup of cold water they will receive a reward: But rather, it must first be determined, to whom the water is given, and why? Jesus said to His disciples:

Rewards
Those who receive you are also receiving Me, and those who receive Me are receiving the one who sent Me. Those who receive a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward. Those who receive a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. I assure you that everybody who gives even a cup of cold water to these little ones BECAUSE they are My disciples will certainly be rewarded.” [Matthew 10:40-42, CEB]

A cup of cold water given to an atheist, no more makes him a disciple of Jesus, than it qualifies the giver for a prophet’s reward. There must first be belief and acceptance that the one to whom the cup of cold water is given, is in fact Jesus’s disciple. There cannot be both belief AND unbelief. That's lukewarm. To call the disciple evil and cast him out is to reject and dishonor, which is unbelief. That is exacly what happened to Jesus in His hometown of Nazareth:

UNBELIEF: Jesus's hometown demeaned Him, cast Him out of the Temple, called Him Beelzebub; yet somehow, still felt entitled to a reward: "Do here in your hometown what we’ve heard you did in Capernaum." [Luke 4:23b] When Jesus said no, they plotted to destroy Him.

The focus must not be on "reward;" but rather that, in believing, you grow not weary in well-doing. Give, simply because it is the righteous (right in God's sight) thing to do. Albeit firstly, the worker (disciple, messenger, prophet) deserves his wages (housing, food and water, and even clothing).

Now to a laborer, his wages are not counted as a favor or a gift, but as an obligation (something owed to him). [Romans 4:4]

Beyond that, Paul said, those who work outside the temple ought to also share in the same profits as those who work in the temple. Laborers (God's workers), many who suffer the harassment, torment and persecutions, that Jesus predicted, are those who answer the call and adhere to God's instructions in gathering His harvest. Therefore, because it is earned, a city is not entitled to a reward from the disciple's wages.

You gotta be careful who you roll with. Doctrines that dishonor the disciple, dishonor Jesus and God. Teachers of such strange doctrines will have a city operating in ritualistic sacrifices that hem God's worker in, in order to gain unauthorized access the reward. God knows the intentions of every heart. Nazareth tried to hem Jesus in when they ganged up on Him and chased Him to the cliff's edge. There is a heavy price to pay when Jesus's disciples are rejected and/or mistreated, and especially when the Holy Spirit is tampered with. How ever God's worker is treated in a city, is how God responds, in like treatment, to that city.

It is impossible to believe that someone is Jesus's disciple yet deem them evil. Again, where there is unbelief, whatever is gotten, especially through oppression, manipulation, or force, is theft from the Holy Spirit. God wants us to be merciful and compassionate toward one another, just as He is merciful and compassionate towards us. So many are of the belief that, because I do not speak "peace" in this city, I am operating in err in my assignment. God uses His messengers to speak harshness, particularly to a city and nation, to capture their attention and impart warning.

"I sent my prophets to cut you to pieces. I have slaughtered you with my words, threatening you with death. My judgment will strike you as surely as day follows night. I want you to be merciful; I don't want your sacrifices. I want you to know God; that's more important than burnt offerings. [Hosea 6:5-6, NLT]

There is a vast difference between binding the strong man to retrieve God's property (His harvest, His people), and oppressing a homeless grandmother to gain access to God's treasures. As harsh as it may have seemed, God had issued warning, and that was enough: So then, when Uzzah touched the Ark of The Covenant, even in trying to keep it from falling, there was serious repercussion.

As it was for Nazareth, it is so for any city that rejects: There is no reward in unbelief.

Summary: When God says NO, He means NO. Howbeit, He will sit by while wrongdoing against His messenger go forth from a city because again, He will not punish without cause.

Afterthought: Of course, it hurts that so many are so willing to do a homeless grandmother so dirty, for so little. And, aside from the forfeiture of miracle healings, it's seeing the least of these, especially those who are mentally challenged, being misled that breaks my heart the most. Nevertheless, all these things must come to pass.

Thank You LORD for this ensign assignment

(Please forgive me, this got a bit lengthy; yet there is much still to impart.)

God is neither confused about His Word, nor does His Word cause confusion. For those who have ears to hear (willing to receive with understanding), God’s Word is crystal clear. If at any time clarity is needed, He invites us to "Ask Him" for understanding, and He will give it in abundance.

Jesus was not naive concerning His stipulations for reward. The scripture doesn't say that just because someone gives a cup of cold water they will receive a reward: But rather, it must first be determined, to whom the water is given, and why? Jesus said to His disciples:

Rewards
Those who receive you are also receiving Me, and those who receive Me are receiving the one who sent Me. Those who receive a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward. Those who receive a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. I assure you that everybody who gives even a cup of cold water to these little ones BECAUSE they are My disciples will certainly be rewarded.” [Matthew 10:40-42, CEB]

A cup of cold water given to an atheist, no more makes him a disciple of Jesus, than it qualifies the giver for a prophet’s reward. There must first be belief and acceptance that the one to whom the cup of cold water is given, is in fact Jesus’s disciple. There cannot be both belief AND unbelief. That's lukewarm. To call the disciple evil and cast him out is to reject and dishonor, which is unbelief. That is exacly what happened to Jesus in His hometown of Nazareth:

UNBELIEF: Jesus's hometown demeaned Him, cast Him out of the Temple, called Him Beelzebub; yet somehow, still felt entitled to a reward: "Do here in your hometown what we’ve heard you did in Capernaum." [Luke 4:23b] When Jesus said no, they plotted to destroy Him.

The focus must not be on "reward;" but rather that, in believing, you grow not weary in well-doing. Give, simply because it is the righteous (right in God's sight) thing to do. Albeit firstly, the worker (disciple, messenger, prophet) deserves his wages (housing, food and water, and even clothing).

Now to a laborer, his wages are not counted as a favor or a gift, but as an obligation (something owed to him). [Romans 4:4]

Beyond that, Paul said, those who work outside the temple ought to also share in the same profits as those who work in the temple. Laborers (God's workers), many who suffer the harassment, torment and persecutions, that Jesus predicted, are those who answer the call and adhere to God's instructions in gathering His harvest. Therefore, because it is earned, a city is not entitled to a reward from the disciple's wages.

You gotta be careful who you roll with. Doctrines that dishonor the disciple, dishonor Jesus and God. Teachers of such strange doctrines will have a city operating in ritualistic sacrifices that hem God's worker in, in order to gain unauthorized access the reward. God knows the intentions of every heart. Nazareth tried to hem Jesus in when they ganged up on Him and chased Him to the cliff's edge. There is a heavy price to pay when Jesus's disciples are rejected and/or mistreated, and especially when the Holy Spirit is tampered with. How ever God's worker is treated in a city, is how God responds, in like treatment, to that city.

It is impossible to believe that someone is Jesus's disciple yet deem them evil. Again, where there is unbelief, whatever is gotten, especially through oppression, manipulation, or force, is theft from the Holy Spirit. God wants us to be merciful and compassionate toward one another, just as He is merciful and compassionate towards us. So many are of the belief that, because I do not speak "peace" in this city, I am operating in err in my assignment. God uses His messengers to speak harshness, particularly to a city and nation, to capture their attention and impart warning.

"I sent my prophets to cut you to pieces. I have slaughtered you with my words, threatening you with death. My judgment will strike you as surely as day follows night. I want you to be merciful; I don't want your sacrifices. I want you to know God; that's more important than burnt offerings. [Hosea 6:5-6, NLT]

There is a vast difference between binding the strong man to retrieve God's property (His harvest, His people), and oppressing a homeless grandmother to gain access to God's treasures. As harsh as it may have seemed, God had issued warning, and that was enough: So then, when Uzzah touched the Ark of The Covenant, even in trying to keep it from falling, there was serious repercussion.

As it was for Nazareth, it is so for any city that rejects: There is no reward in unbelief.

Summary: When God says NO, He means NO. Howbeit, He will sit by while wrongdoing against His messenger go forth from a city because again, He will not punish without cause.

Afterthought: Of course, it hurts that so many are so willing to do a homeless grandmother so dirty, for so little. And, aside from the forfeiture of miracle healings, it's seeing the least of these, especially those who are mentally challenged, being misled that breaks my heart the most. Nevertheless, all these things must come to pass.

Jesus want us all to hear His voice coming down from heaven. Come to Me and find peace and joy in life. Our cities and towns are full of sin and evil and violence, hate, anger, rage are all over the place. We need to hear the voice of the Lord and obey every single word He says.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
A Prayer about the Power of Prayer
By Jessica Van Roekel

God, Thank You for giving us prayer as a way to communicate with you. Forgive me for treating it with carelessness. Forgive my passivity. You long for me to pray in faith, believing and trusting that you will reveal yourself to me. Will you open my eyes to understand what’s happening in front of me and behind the scenes? Give me the power of your Spirit so that I can believe that my prayers matter. Pour out your wisdom on me so that I can know how to pray and what to pray. Your Spirit in me is the same Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead and I long for you to flow through me continually so that I may be pure, refined, and prepared for your purpose for my life. And God please do the same for the faithful prayer warriors on this prayer site. Bless, protect, and strengthen each of them. Use each of them for Your glory. God Thank You for hearing my prayer and loving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Rewards

I believe with all of my heart that Jesus is promised Messiah who came to earth to save us, help us and guide our steps to heaven. All praise, honor and glory shall be unto Him now and forever more. Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
Blessings upon blessings shall come to your life and to those you love and care. Help from heaven shall fall down like a rain to soak your soul with the holy presence of the Lord. Healing and mercy shall arrive at your door and there will not be sadness, pain or worry. It is the touch of the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Biological & Chemical Attack From Within MARCH 16, 2024 3:09 PM JONATHAN THEIBEN Today I was checking Facebook for anything new about the April 8th eclipse when I came across this video see link below youtube.com/live/DCOZOOO4SUY?si=jMH1TolJTbqqP1rR It talks about a Biological Attack “Drill”...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Those who believe, those who trust, those who wait for the Lord for blessings, help, grace and receive mercy and love because they have believed and trusted His word. Breath upon me breath of God. Breath upon me Spirit of the Lord. As I lift my hands in surrender, To Your name most High. I am...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Our wonderful Savior and Lord is full of mercy and compassion on those who seek His face, on a daily basis calling on Him for help and grace. When we read His word and we obey it, there comes sweet peace and joy in our life and the life of those who love and care. He remembers our frame and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Glory, glory, hallelujah, His truth is marching on and on till the Lord call us home to His holy presence. One more time, keep telling the truth of Gods salvation to those who live in darkness. Jesus is coming soon and He will save those we have been praying for. Hear the voice of the Lord...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom