A Glimpse at the awful Truth (Nov 29th)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Verse
Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns.

Revelation 17:3 tniv

Thought
The Spirit carries John away in a vision to see the ghastly, awful truth about Satan's work to destroy the people of God. The vision exposes the great evil done by Satan and reveals his allies who do his work and follow his bidding. Yet underneath this glimpse of evil is the truth the Spirit comes to reveal. Despite the pervasiveness of evil in governmental powers and religious structures, Jesus will triumph and bring victory for his people. We are led to recognize evil so we are not deceived. We are not informed to make us fall back in fear, but to stand firm in our faith, to trust in our Deliverer, to live holy lives in honor of our God, and to look forward to our ultimate vindication and victory. The Spirit is the Spirit of truth!

Prayer
Father God, thank you for the truth — for what is not only factual, but what is also authentic and real. Satan so easily can deceive me and blind me to your truth. Open my eyes, Holy Spirit, to see the Father's truth. Embolden me to live trusting in Jesus' victory. Empower me to trust in your presence to sustain me. To your glory, O God — Father, Son, and Spirit — I live and pray. Amen.

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2016. All rights reserved.

0L9UlYW-xj8
View the full article

Similar Requests

• Article
Then the angel carried me [John] away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. —Revelation 17:3 NIV Key Thought The Spirit carries John away in a vision to see the ghastly, awful...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Trying to trap Jesus, the Pharisees said to him:] "Now tell us what you think about this: Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?" But Jesus knew their evil motives. "You hypocrites!" he said. "Why are you trying to trap me? Here, show me the coin used for the tax." When they handed him a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued:] "So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven — except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven. Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A HOUSE WORTHY? Matthew 10 (Amplified Bible) The First Commissioning of Discipleship The Twelve Disciples; Instructions for Service Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them authority and power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every kind of disease and every kind...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom