9 Fruits of The Spirit

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

9 Fruits of the Spirit Prayers to Pray to Be More Like Jesus
fruits of the spirit prayer

I’m sure you’ve heard of the fruits of the spirit. And they are all incredible, Godly traits we should strive for. But if we are honest we know we cannot be good examples of these traits without help from the Lord above. So here it is, the fruits of the spirit prayer to help us bear more Godly fruit.

Let’s get started with the fruits themselves. In Galatians 5:22-23, 25 the Apostle Paul writes,

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law…Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”

RELATED: Find Strength During Spiritual Attack With These 10 Bible Verses

Living in step with the Spirit can be a lot tougher than we give it credit for. We are all better at certain fruits than others, my biggest struggle, for instance, is patience. But, that doesn’t mean I get to say ‘Well God didn’t make me patient” and just give up. We have to try day by day to be a better representation of our Father God and that means striving to be more loving, more joyful, more peaceful, more patient, more kind, more faithful, and have more self-control!

So let’s do it. You can pray one big prayer or focus your prayer on an area that is weighing on your heart the most. But, let’s stop talking about it and start praying about it!
Father God, Creator of Heaven and Earth thank you. Thank you for loving me enough to help me become more like you. Lord, you have shown us what it means to live in the Spirit, but I need help. Please help me, Lord.
fruits of the spirit prayer for love

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Love
Lord help me to fix my eyes on the love you share with me every day. And, may I be reminded of the grace and mercy you extended through your son as I go through my life. Lord, may I look to your love as a guide to love others. And not just those who are easy to love. But God give me your eyes so that I may see all your children the way you do. Help me please God to love myself the way that you love me. For I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Joy
Lord help me to find my joy in you. God, you are the source of all good things and a life that draws its strength from you is a life of true and deep joy. Even in the tough times help me to rejoice in your goodness and your plan for my life. And, help me to seek you, as the well that never runs dry so that my joy can overflow into the lives of everyone I meet.
Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Peace
Father, please help me find peace. I have placed my life in your hands. Help me to remember that there is no reason to worry or be anxious for you have a plan much greater than anything I could ever understand. May I find peace in your steadiness, your faithfulness, your strength and you desire not to harm me. May I fix my eyes on you in the storms of life to find the peace that passes all understanding, a peace found only in you.
Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Patience
Help me Lord to find patience. As the tests and trials of life come at me day by day help me to find strength in you to make it through. Lord help me to learn to wait for your timing and your plan instead of rushing forward with my own. May I trust you enough to remember that vengeance is not mine. When I am ready to snap remind me, Lord of all the times, you have been patient with me. Help me to be present in the season you have placed me in instead of hurrying life away.

fruits of the spirit prayer for kindness

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Kindness
Lord help me to be kind. Help my words to uplift and show your love. Lord, may my actions build others up so that they too will know the love of Jesus. May I be generous with the things you have blessed me with. May I give to others expecting nothing in return, the way you give me blessings upon blessings every day. Lord help me to remember that one act of kindness in your name may not change the world, but it could change a life. Let me be kind in all things just at Jesus was kind, even to those who persecuted Him.

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Goodness
Lord help me to find true goodness. May I do the right thing, not just because I should but because I can glorify you through it. May my thoughts be good, wholesome and righteous. Help me God to do the right thing so that I can show others your way through obedience and a pure heart. Lord, you are good. In all things, in all times even when we don’t understand God you are good. Remind me father that though I am called to be good, it is your goodness that has saved my soul.

RELATED: How Prayer Can Change a Man’s Heart

fruits of the spirit prayer about faithfulness

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Faithfulness
Help me Father, to be faithful to you in all I do. Lord may I put all my trust in you. May I faithfully give you control of every matter in my life. May I focus on your will for my life and follow you even when you call me to things I may not understand. I have complete confidence in your will for my life. May I be as faithful to others as you are to me, Lord. Make me steady and dependable a pillar of strength for those around me as you are for me. So, my faithfulness inspires others to put their trust in you.
Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Gentleness
Lord God please make me gentle. Remind me Father God of all the times you have been gentle in your responses to me and my sin and foolishness. May I be so gentle in my interaction with others. Lord may I show your strength through my meekness. If I am to raise my voice Lord may it be only to raise my voice in prayer and praise to you. And, may my gentleness turn away anger. Help me, Father, to be gentle as your son Jesus Christ was gentle.
godupdates fruits of the spirit prayer

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Self-Control
Father God give me the strength to have self-control. I have my struggles and temptations and I know that Satan will use them against me. Lord help me to have the self-control to fight my temptations and remain steady on the path you have set before me. I know that if I give in my feet will fail me and I will stumble. If that happens, Lord, convict my spirit to not continue in my temptations. And, help me, Father, to stand up strong and lean on you to continue in the way set before me. I pray that in my self-control I will hear you more clearly so that you can change me to be more like you.

Lord thank you. Thank you for the example that you have given us in your son Jesus Christ. God, please come alongside me as I work day by day to be your hands and feet here on Earth. And, may the fruits of your spirit inspire my spirit to bear fruit for you! Amen.

RELATED: Powerful and Uplifting Spiritual Warfare Prayer

I hope that this prayer encourages you to find strength in the Lord to grow closer to Him each and every day. And, as you work to reflect the fruits of the spirit here are some verses that will encourage you along the way.

Fruits of the Spirit – Bible Verses

1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Nehemiah 8:10
Nehemiah said, ‘Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.’
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Colossians 1:11
being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Ephesians 5:9
(for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth)
Ephesians 3:16-17
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
Galatians 6:1
Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.

9 Fruits of the Spirit Prayers to Pray to Be More Like Jesus

I’m sure you’ve heard of the fruits of the spirit. And they are all incredible, Godly traits we should strive for. But if we are honest we know we cannot be good examples of these traits without help from the Lord above. So here it is, the fruits of the spirit prayer to help us bear more Godly fruit.

Let’s get started with the fruits themselves. In Galatians 5:22-23, 25 the Apostle Paul writes,

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law…Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”

RELATED: Find Strength During Spiritual Attack With These 10 Bible Verses

Living in step with the Spirit can be a lot tougher than we give it credit for. We are all better at certain fruits than others, my biggest struggle, for instance, is patience. But, that doesn’t mean I get to say ‘Well God didn’t make me patient” and just give up. We have to try day by day to be a better representation of our Father God and that means striving to be more loving, more joyful, more peaceful, more patient, more kind, more faithful, and have more self-control!

So let’s do it. You can pray one big prayer or focus your prayer on an area that is weighing on your heart the most. But, let’s stop talking about it and start praying about it!
Father God, Creator of Heaven and Earth thank you. Thank you for loving me enough to help me become more like you. Lord, you have shown us what it means to live in the Spirit, but I need help. Please help me, Lord.
fruits of the spirit prayer for love

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Love
Lord help me to fix my eyes on the love you share with me every day. And, may I be reminded of the grace and mercy you extended through your son as I go through my life. Lord, may I look to your love as a guide to love others. And not just those who are easy to love. But God give me your eyes so that I may see all your children the way you do. Help me please God to love myself the way that you love me. For I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Joy
Lord help me to find my joy in you. God, you are the source of all good things and a life that draws its strength from you is a life of true and deep joy. Even in the tough times help me to rejoice in your goodness and your plan for my life. And, help me to seek you, as the well that never runs dry so that my joy can overflow into the lives of everyone I meet.
Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Peace
Father, please help me find peace. I have placed my life in your hands. Help me to remember that there is no reason to worry or be anxious for you have a plan much greater than anything I could ever understand. May I find peace in your steadiness, your faithfulness, your strength and you desire not to harm me. May I fix my eyes on you in the storms of life to find the peace that passes all understanding, a peace found only in you.
Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Patience
Help me Lord to find patience. As the tests and trials of life come at me day by day help me to find strength in you to make it through. Lord help me to learn to wait for your timing and your plan instead of rushing forward with my own. May I trust you enough to remember that vengeance is not mine. When I am ready to snap remind me, Lord of all the times, you have been patient with me. Help me to be present in the season you have placed me in instead of hurrying life away.

fruits of the spirit prayer for kindness

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Kindness
Lord help me to be kind. Help my words to uplift and show your love. Lord, may my actions build others up so that they too will know the love of Jesus. May I be generous with the things you have blessed me with. May I give to others expecting nothing in return, the way you give me blessings upon blessings every day. Lord help me to remember that one act of kindness in your name may not change the world, but it could change a life. Let me be kind in all things just at Jesus was kind, even to those who persecuted Him.

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Goodness
Lord help me to find true goodness. May I do the right thing, not just because I should but because I can glorify you through it. May my thoughts be good, wholesome and righteous. Help me God to do the right thing so that I can show others your way through obedience and a pure heart. Lord, you are good. In all things, in all times even when we don’t understand God you are good. Remind me father that though I am called to be good, it is your goodness that has saved my soul.

RELATED: How Prayer Can Change a Man’s Heart

fruits of the spirit prayer about faithfulness

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Faithfulness
Help me Father, to be faithful to you in all I do. Lord may I put all my trust in you. May I faithfully give you control of every matter in my life. May I focus on your will for my life and follow you even when you call me to things I may not understand. I have complete confidence in your will for my life. May I be as faithful to others as you are to me, Lord. Make me steady and dependable a pillar of strength for those around me as you are for me. So, my faithfulness inspires others to put their trust in you.
Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Gentleness
Lord God please make me gentle. Remind me Father God of all the times you have been gentle in your responses to me and my sin and foolishness. May I be so gentle in my interaction with others. Lord may I show your strength through my meekness. If I am to raise my voice Lord may it be only to raise my voice in prayer and praise to you. And, may my gentleness turn away anger. Help me, Father, to be gentle as your son Jesus Christ was gentle.
godupdates fruits of the spirit prayer

Fruits of the Spirit Prayer for Self-Control
Father God give me the strength to have self-control. I have my struggles and temptations and I know that Satan will use them against me. Lord help me to have the self-control to fight my temptations and remain steady on the path you have set before me. I know that if I give in my feet will fail me and I will stumble. If that happens, Lord, convict my spirit to not continue in my temptations. And, help me, Father, to stand up strong and lean on you to continue in the way set before me. I pray that in my self-control I will hear you more clearly so that you can change me to be more like you.

Lord thank you. Thank you for the example that you have given us in your son Jesus Christ. God, please come alongside me as I work day by day to be your hands and feet here on Earth. And, may the fruits of your spirit inspire my spirit to bear fruit for you! Amen.

RELATED: Powerful and Uplifting Spiritual Warfare Prayer

I hope that this prayer encourages you to find strength in the Lord to grow closer to Him each and every day. And, as you work to reflect the fruits of the spirit here are some verses that will encourage you along the way.

Fruits of the Spirit – Bible Verses

1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Nehemiah 8:10
Nehemiah said, ‘Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.’
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Colossians 1:11
being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Ephesians 5:9
(for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth)
Ephesians 3:16-17
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
Galatians 6:1
Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.
😍Excellent post. In psychology the word they use for increasing your daily understanding and achieving your full potential is called 'individuation'. I prefer to use a word that is derived and rooted from a biblical word found in Genesis - 'dominionship'. Having dominionship is only achievable through the fruits of the Spirit.
Let us all have domion over our body, soul, and spirit, in Jesus' name I pray.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Isaiah 41:10: Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ 2 Timothy 1:7: For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Fear causes you to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I would like to say that spiritual growth is not about suppressing who you are but discovering your true identity in Christ. Sometimes, I find myself studying the Word of God. It said: Lord, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The closer we get to God the more of God we will experience. But there is a price we have to pay. We have to die to self-daily. And our "ego" and pride can keep us from paying the price and experiencing more of God. Ego stands for Easing God Out. Ego is the Latin word for "I." We must die to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
O precious Jesus, please come and fill your lambs today and forever. Just let the Son of God unfold you with His Spirit and His love. O let Him have the things that hold you and His Spirit like a dove will descend upon you and make you whole and pure. O Jesus, so precious so true. Want us...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The deepest desire of my heart is for you to have peace that comes down from heaven, security and heavenly falls on your life and the life of those you love and care. Jesus is the center of all joy and peace. Enjoy His presence, enjoy His eternal love and care just as He has promised to all...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom