18 November 2023 - Confronting in Love

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Bible in a Year:
Ezekiel 8–10 , Hebrews 13

Then the Lord said to Cain, “Could you be angry?” - Genesis 4:6

He did many things well, but there was a problem. Everyone saw it. Yet because he was so effective in accomplishing most of his role, his anger issue wasn’t adequately addressed. He was never truly confronted. Sadly, this resulted in many people being hurt over the years. And, in the end, it led to the premature close of a career that could have been something so much more for this brother in Christ. If only I’d chosen to confront him in love long ago.

In Genesis 4, God provides the perfect picture of what it means to confront someone’s sin in love. Cain was infuriated. Being a farmer, he’d presented “some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord” (v. 3). But God made it clear that what he brought Him wasn’t acceptable. Cain’s offering was rejected, and he was “very angry, and his face was downcast” (v. 5). So, God confronted him and said, “Why are you angry?” (v. 6). He then told Cain to turn from his sin and pursue what was good and right. Sadly, Cain ignored God’s words and committed a horrific act (v. 8).

While we can’t force others to turn from sinful behaviours, we can compassionately confront them. We can “speak the truth in love” so that we both become “more and more like Christ” (Ephesians 4:15 NLT). And, as God gives us ears to listen, we can also receive hard words of truth from others.

Reflect & Pray
Why is it vital for us to confront others in love? How do you receive hard but helpful words?

Father, help me to have the courage to confront others in love and to receive hard but true words with grace.

The more we draw closer to Jesus heart, the more we start loving others and pray for them. Some people we face on our daily workplace are the faces of unsaved souls full of emptiness and loneliness in their life. In church we face those who doubt Gods word is true and cant find relief on the promises of God because it comes too late. Let us all face the truth. Pray one for another so you may be healed. Tell all your unsaved friends and loved ones to come to Jesus and be saved.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
When Nancy woke up the Sun was shining in her room so she went to the window and pushed it open. As she did so, a light breeze rushed in and ruffled her hair. She closed the window, sat on her bed, and just as she was about to get ready to take a shower her phone beeped. She checked the text and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Hosea 1–4, Revelation 1 I will not forget you! - Isaiah 49:15 As a child, I collected postage stamps. When my angkong (Fukienese for “grandfather”) heard of my hobby, he started saving stamps from post deliveries to his office every day. Whenever I visited my grandparents...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 34–36 , Hebrews 2 To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.- Ephesians 3:21 “It seems like a frivolous thing to ask the Lord to help my gelatine to set, but . . . I had the attitude of this whole experience...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 51–52 , Hebrews 9 She said to herself, “If I only touch [Jesus’] cloak, I will be healed.” Matthew 9:21 Dizziness struck me in the stairwell of the office building. Overwhelmed, I gripped the banister because the stairs seemed to spin. As my heart pounded and my...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Genesis 43–45 , Matthew 12:24–50 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15 On Charley and Jan’s fiftieth wedding anniversary, they shared breakfast at a café with their son Jon. That day, the restaurant was understaffed with just a...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom