Praying with Paul

Paul's writings as daily, powerful prayers.

Discerning, not Deceived

PassageColossians 2:4-7

PrayerDear Father, my rock,Help me to think clearly with discernment. Keep me from being taken in by the beguiling speech of deceivers.Give me great joy in manifesting good order in my conduct and being absolutely firm in my faith.As I received Christ Jesus as the Lord, grant that I may live in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith.Grant that I may do this with great praise and thanksgiving!All praise, thanksgiving, honor, and glory to...

The Knitting of Hearts

Passage

Colossians 2:1-3

Prayer

Dear Father, encourager,Encourage our hearts and knit them together in love with the heart of Jesus and the hearts of every other child of yours!Give us all the riches of knowing and understanding of what you had formerly kept secret, the Good News about Jesus Christ, for in him you have hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Give us firm assurance in him.Whatever new dimension or unfolding of your grace that shall come, it will be, I...

Blessing of Grace

PassageColossians 1:28-29

PrayerDear Father, source of our energy,We do hope in you because our Lord lives his life through us and blesses others through the genuine love which he gives.Grant us to proclaim him, warning and teaching everyone in all wisdom, so that we can present people mature in Christ.Grant that we may strive for this with all the energy which you mightily inspire within us.All good things are from you. There is no blessing except by your grace. We live and rejoice...

Christ in Us, Hope of Glory

PassageColossians 1:24-27

PrayerDear Father,Help us have the attitude of Paul, who could rejoice in suffering for the sake of your body, the church, seeing his own suffering as an extension of Christ's suffering.May the members of the body of Christ make your word fully known, the mystery that was hidden for ages and generations but is now made visible to your holy people.How great among the nations is the wealth imparted to them by the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in us...

You Made Endurance Possible!

PassageColossians 1:23

PrayerDear Father,Help me to continue in the faith by holding on to what you have given and by being stable and steadfast.Don't let anything move me away from the hope of the Good News which I heard, which was proclaimed throughout the whole creation under heaven.You make my endurance possible by filling me with your Spirit. Fill me more and more! And thank you for being my Father.In the name of Jesus and by his authority I ask. Amen.

Devotional provided by...

You Made Salvation Possible!

PassageColossians 1:21-22

PrayerDear Father,I am so thankful that in your love and wisdom you gave up your Son to reconcile us to yourself through his body of flesh offered in death on the cross.You wanted me to be holy and blameless and without reproach, so you made it possible! Thank you, Father.In the name of your holy Son. Amen.

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2015. All rights reserved...

Reconciled through Christ

PassageColossians 1:15-20

PrayerDear Father,We are Christ's church and he is head over us, head over his body. He is the beginning, the first-born of creation and the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might have the pre-eminence.How gracious you were and are in your good will toward us that your very fullness should dwell in him and that through him all things should be reconciled to you, things on heaven and things on earth.Thank you for making peace with us and all...

Held Together in Christ

Passage

Colossians 1:15-20

Prayer

Dear Father,We have not seen you. We do not even know what it might mean to see you. But you have shown us Jesus, and because we have seen him, we have seen you.Thank you for him who is the image of you, the invisible God. Thank you for creating all things through him who is the first-born of all creation.Help us grasp what it means that everything - things in heaven, things on earth, things visible, things invisible, thrones, dominions...

Top Bottom