Holy Spirit

A daily devotional about the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

Rivers of living Water now Flowing (Dec 12th)

VerseOn the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'" (When he said "living water," he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)

John 7:37-39 nlt

ThoughtIt is...

Hope of the Holy (Dec 11th)

VerseAnd he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

Revelation 21:10 tniv

ThoughtThe Holy Spirit brings hope. There is the short-term hope the Spirit brings through his comforting and enabling presence. But the Spirit also brings hope through the promise of Scripture and God's visions for us of greater things ahead. In a time of unspeakable danger and fear, where the call was to be...

Guarding the Truth (Dec 10th)

VerseThrough the power of the Holy Spirit who lives within us, carefully guard the precious truth that has been entrusted to you.

2 Timothy 1:14 nlt

ThoughtWe are not left to guard the truth trusted to us on our own strength. We have the Holy Spirit who lives within us. The Spirit is our anointing to help us know the truth. The Spirit is our Advocate-Comforter-Counselor-Helper to lead us into all truth and help us know truth from error. The Spirit's work within us allows us to...

Confirmation (Dec 9th)

VerseAnd Jesus Christ was revealed as God's Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross — not by water only, but by water and blood. And the Spirit, who is truth, confirms it with his testimony.

1 John 5:6 nlt

ThoughtJesus was God with us every step of his human life. The Holy Spirit is confirmation of this. He was conceived by the Spirit. The Spirit was present at his baptism. The Spirit led him with power into and out of his temptation in the wilderness...

Top Bottom