Today's Verse - Psalm 143:8 (KJV)

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

—Psalm 143:8 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


A time of loneliness and doubt slips into almost every believer's heart at some point in their earthly journey. Our prayers seem to bounce off the ceiling and fall into lifeless detritus lying at our feet. God feels distant, hiding, asleep — or at least unsympathetic to our cries for mercy and help. Thankfully, God gives us the Psalms. In the Psalms, we find words for life's ups and downs. It is nice when we are down to know that others have been there before us and have recovered their faith and vitality. Thankfully, the Spirit also placed reminders of God's love and guidance in the Psalms for such moments. This psalm and these words are made for such a time. If the request does not feel relevant to you now, please pray these words for someone else. If, on the other hand, they speak to you, then please pray for them for yourself with confidence. They have sustained God's people for generations upon generations!

My Prayer...​


Dear Father, please make your presence undeniably known in my life and help me see your presence and mercy more clearly because I put my trust in you as I lift up my soul to you for help. I want to honor you, dear God, but please make your guidance clear so I can follow you boldly and faithfully in your will. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. —Psalm 143:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We want the Holy Spirit to be at work in us, transforming us to become more like Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:18). For this to happen, we must...
Replies
0
Views
96
  • Article Article
I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. —Psalm 16:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Many things can trouble our lives, but none can shake us loose from the grip of God's grace as our hearts remain pointed at Jesus as our LORD and our hope...
Replies
0
Views
82
  • Article Article
Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. —Psalm 42:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I have always loved music. To this day, songs help unlock the part of me that is most open to God...
Replies
0
Views
81
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,833
Messages
16,803,921
Members
650,325
Latest member
Otheyran

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom