Today's Verse - Philippians 2:14-16 (KJV)

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

—Philippians 2:14-16 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Stars! They've always been a source of constant hope for God's people. "I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven..." God told ### (Genesis 22:17). "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them..." ### asked (Psalm 8:3-4). The Wisemen, Magi from the East, followed a star to discover baby Jesus (Matthew 2:1-2). ### reminds us that Jesus was the light coming from heaven to shine on those in darkness (Luke 2:32). And now, we're stars - God's points of light in the dark sky of the universe. Let's make today a day that our light shines God's glory to a dark world around us. We will live for Jesus without complaining or arguing, living pure lives so we can shine God's grace to those who do not know him through Jesus! Let's hold out the word of life in our dark world.

My Prayer...​


Almighty God, the incredible expanse of your universe, with its billions of stars, exceeds my limited comprehension. But I thank you for calling me to be a person of light in the dark world around me. I pledge to shine your light in the lives of all those I influence. Through the name of Jesus, your bright and morning star (Revelation 22:16), I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. —Philippians 2:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... While our...
Replies
0
Views
97
  • Article Article
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your...
Replies
0
Views
132
  • Article Article
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God...
Replies
0
Views
140
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,696
Messages
16,791,434
Members
649,293
Latest member
Doruiririor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom