Today's Verse - Isaiah 57:15 (KJV)

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

—Isaiah 57:15 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Jesus' gracious and redemptive coming to earth is wholly consistent with the LORD God's nature, the one who reveals himself in the Old Testament, and fully reveals himself in this passage. God is high and holy. God is righteous and majestic. Yet the LORD God is the God of incarnation — the LORD who sees our needs, hears our cries, and comes down to help us (Exodus 3:7-12). God loves people, especially people who come to him knowing that they need his love and grace. To those who seek him with passion, humility, awe, and reverence, God brings revival that touches the heart and spirit of those who are contrite.

My Prayer...​


Holy and Righteous Father, thank you for loving me and coming to save me in Jesus. Father, I come humbly asking that you fill me with your Spirit in a more powerful way. Revive my heart and stir me to work for your glory in my life today. I know you have come and met me where I am, to lift me up and make me yours. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
86
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
107
  • Article Article
For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us. —Isaiah 33:22 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When we think about God as our Judge, we normally think of falling under judgment and receiving punishment. Isaiah reminds us that God's being our Judge...
Replies
1
Views
107
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,391
Messages
16,810,721
Members
650,771
Latest member
Moriartar

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom