And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

—Isaiah 30:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


God is slow to exercise his justice when that justice demands his people's punishment. "Gracious and slow to anger" is a phrase repeatedly used to describe God in the Old Testament. God longs to be gracious and bless his people. He extends time for us to repent and turn to him. In Jesus, God even gives us his own Son as the atoning sacrifice for our sins. Let's hear the heart of God, and respond by turning our lives and our hearts to the God who longs for us.

My Prayer...​


Almighty God and Abba Father, how can I ever thank you for your love and mercy demonstrated in the sacrifice of your Son for my sin. Please forgive me for those times that I have not intentionally and wholeheartedly shown my appreciation for your grace in the way I live my life. Please perfect me by your Spirit just as you have forgiven me and cleansed me by your grace. In Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
VwA23KXy5vk


Continue reading...
 
I am waiting on the Lord day and night. He is the Rock of my foundation and my deliverer. I love Him with my whole heart. I shall forever bless His name. Amen
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us. —Isaiah 33:22 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When we think about God as our Judge, we normally think of falling under judgment and receiving punishment. Isaiah reminds us that God's being our Judge...
Replies
1
Views
106
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
106
  • Article Article
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. —Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is naive, on one hand, to think that trusting in God makes all of our problems go away. Christians have many of the same problems that unbelievers...
Replies
0
Views
85
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,067
Messages
16,794,911
Members
649,621
Latest member
Tyroularinsor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom