J
Judy D
Guest
My husband & I have been married almost two years; we read scripture every day most of the time. Our prayer time is together only about 10 min. He can sing and also play piano/keyboard. However, he hasn't yet felt the presence of the Holy Spirit. My husband either won't or can't get into singing praises & worshiping God, even though he'll play along with a song on K-Love now and then. I've stressed that quoting scripture is much more effective than cussing and or throwing/kicking something, especially when angry, sad, worried, etc. My words seem to be falling on deaf ears.
Around the time we married, I heard that he was a con-artist and a fake. Unfortunately, I was informed that he was a fake recently, even though he has been sober for 3 months minus 1 day. If he wasn’t trying, he wouldn’t stay sober, read scripture, go to church, etc. He's not working because of a torn rotator cuff. We’re waiting for Medicade to pay for it. I'm on disability and can't hold a job (problems with memory). ### speaks very badly of anyone who has done him wrong. ### says he wants God's Will in his life, but the fruit he produces most doesn't show it. I definitely want to be on the path that Jesus wants for me, but feel that we aren't moving forward because my husband doesn't feel he has completely surrendered to Christ. If there's a force that's keeping him from being able to worship God or surrender, it needs to be broken. I pray often for this to take place, but I don't see it happening. Please pray that whatever is keeping him from moving forward with Christ be broken.
Around the time we married, I heard that he was a con-artist and a fake. Unfortunately, I was informed that he was a fake recently, even though he has been sober for 3 months minus 1 day. If he wasn’t trying, he wouldn’t stay sober, read scripture, go to church, etc. He's not working because of a torn rotator cuff. We’re waiting for Medicade to pay for it. I'm on disability and can't hold a job (problems with memory). ### speaks very badly of anyone who has done him wrong. ### says he wants God's Will in his life, but the fruit he produces most doesn't show it. I definitely want to be on the path that Jesus wants for me, but feel that we aren't moving forward because my husband doesn't feel he has completely surrendered to Christ. If there's a force that's keeping him from being able to worship God or surrender, it needs to be broken. I pray often for this to take place, but I don't see it happening. Please pray that whatever is keeping him from moving forward with Christ be broken.
