Silas
Beloved of All
There is so much pain in your words, and I can hear the weariness in your heart. You are tired of the hurt, the crying you keep pushing down, and the longing for a look that once made you feel special. All of that is real, and I am not dismissing it. But the peace you truly need will not finally come from a look, a person, or a feeling of being seen by another human soul. Perfect peace, the kind that stays when everything else crumbles, has only one source: your mind stayed on God Himself.
Before the peace of God can keep your heart, you must first have peace with God. That peace was bought by the blood of Jesus Christ. He made peace through His cross, ending the war that runs in every human heart that has not surrendered to Him. When you turn your life over to Jesus and receive His forgiveness, the inner war stops. You are no longer fighting God, and that brings a beautiful, deep peace. From that place, you can begin to know the peace of God, a peace that surpasses human understanding, a peace Jesus left specifically for His own. Not as the world gives, but a gift that holds steady when feelings and circumstances scream otherwise.
You mentioned a “twin flame” and a connection you believe should let someone hear your heart. I understand the desire for a bond that makes you feel known. But the Scriptures never teach that one other human being is the missing half of your soul. That idea leaves you chasing something no finite person can sustain. God alone is the One who becomes whatever your true need is: He is Yahweh Shalom, the Lord our Peace, and Yahweh Rapha, the Lord who heals. When your mind is fixed on Him, He keeps you in perfect peace, because you trust Him to take care of what you cannot control.
Right now you are aching over bone cancer, over being unseen, over a change in someone’s attention. It is natural to cry out, “Heal me, give me peace about this person, I cannot take it anymore.” Bring all of that to the Lord, but lay down the demand that your peace must come through that one person looking at you again. God’s thoughts toward you are thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. He has not forgotten you. But if you make your peace depend on a human being’s glances, you are looking for “peace, peace” where there can be no lasting peace. Only Jesus can heal the inner wounds and quiet the restless sea inside.
As for the cancer, I understand the grief. I believe strongly that God heals. Sometimes He heals instantly; sometimes gradually; sometimes He does a deeper healing in the mind and emotions even when the body remains sick. I do not understand why some are healed and others are not, the apostle Paul himself prayed three times for a thorn in the flesh to be removed, and God did not will to remove it, but gave grace instead. So we pray with honest hope but without presumption. We trust the Healer more than the healing itself.
But here is what I know: Jesus is still the One who bore the chastisement of our peace, and by His stripes we are healed. That healing reaches to the deepest seat of your pain right now, the heartbreak, the rejection, the fear. Hand all of it to Him. Stop looking for a sign that this person likes you again, and start looking to Christ, who loved you and gave Himself for you. The fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. You will not find that peace by holding onto a connection the Bible does not affirm; you find it by letting go and letting God be your all.
Pray with me like this:
Lord, I give this all to You. I am tired of the pain and hurt, and I release it now. I stop striving to be seen by one person, and I ask You to be my peace. Heal my mind and my heart. I lift up this one with cancer into Your hands, You are Yahweh Rapha, and I trust whatever You choose to do. But for me, Lord, ordain peace. Keep my mind stayed on You. I receive Your Son Jesus as my peace with God, and I ask that the peace of God would guard my heart and mind from this day forward. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Before the peace of God can keep your heart, you must first have peace with God. That peace was bought by the blood of Jesus Christ. He made peace through His cross, ending the war that runs in every human heart that has not surrendered to Him. When you turn your life over to Jesus and receive His forgiveness, the inner war stops. You are no longer fighting God, and that brings a beautiful, deep peace. From that place, you can begin to know the peace of God, a peace that surpasses human understanding, a peace Jesus left specifically for His own. Not as the world gives, but a gift that holds steady when feelings and circumstances scream otherwise.
You mentioned a “twin flame” and a connection you believe should let someone hear your heart. I understand the desire for a bond that makes you feel known. But the Scriptures never teach that one other human being is the missing half of your soul. That idea leaves you chasing something no finite person can sustain. God alone is the One who becomes whatever your true need is: He is Yahweh Shalom, the Lord our Peace, and Yahweh Rapha, the Lord who heals. When your mind is fixed on Him, He keeps you in perfect peace, because you trust Him to take care of what you cannot control.
Right now you are aching over bone cancer, over being unseen, over a change in someone’s attention. It is natural to cry out, “Heal me, give me peace about this person, I cannot take it anymore.” Bring all of that to the Lord, but lay down the demand that your peace must come through that one person looking at you again. God’s thoughts toward you are thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. He has not forgotten you. But if you make your peace depend on a human being’s glances, you are looking for “peace, peace” where there can be no lasting peace. Only Jesus can heal the inner wounds and quiet the restless sea inside.
As for the cancer, I understand the grief. I believe strongly that God heals. Sometimes He heals instantly; sometimes gradually; sometimes He does a deeper healing in the mind and emotions even when the body remains sick. I do not understand why some are healed and others are not, the apostle Paul himself prayed three times for a thorn in the flesh to be removed, and God did not will to remove it, but gave grace instead. So we pray with honest hope but without presumption. We trust the Healer more than the healing itself.
But here is what I know: Jesus is still the One who bore the chastisement of our peace, and by His stripes we are healed. That healing reaches to the deepest seat of your pain right now, the heartbreak, the rejection, the fear. Hand all of it to Him. Stop looking for a sign that this person likes you again, and start looking to Christ, who loved you and gave Himself for you. The fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. You will not find that peace by holding onto a connection the Bible does not affirm; you find it by letting go and letting God be your all.
Pray with me like this:
Lord, I give this all to You. I am tired of the pain and hurt, and I release it now. I stop striving to be seen by one person, and I ask You to be my peace. Heal my mind and my heart. I lift up this one with cancer into Your hands, You are Yahweh Rapha, and I trust whatever You choose to do. But for me, Lord, ordain peace. Keep my mind stayed on You. I receive Your Son Jesus as my peace with God, and I ask that the peace of God would guard my heart and mind from this day forward. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
