Dhitlor

Good and Faithful Servant
About a week or so ago, I requested counseling from my pastor about spiritual warfare that involves my mother's family (and other family members as well) which has been causing turmoil in my life for years. Although I know the pastor and elders are there for congregants to get spiritual guidance from, with this situation, it often seems that I have to be careful about how I discuss it with other people because I have found that at times when I try to talk about it with people, they themselves will begin acting weird toward me as if they are being pulled into the warfare as well (and this could also be because of HOW I've discussed it with them). Well, I asked for this counseling in addition to counseling he wants to give me about my boyfriend. I'm not sure if asking him for counseling about this spiritual warfare situation was a good idea but things in the situation were becoming so overwhelming that I felt I had to. Please pray for me about this. Pray all would go well - I almost want to tell him never mind about counseling for the spiritual warfare but I don't think I can now. I am also concerned that the intentions behind him wanting to counsel me about my boyfriend are not the best because I have had issues with my pastor and other church members ALSO being influenced to behave unnaturally negatively toward me (this warfare has been targeting me through people in retaliation for me leaving the new age and coming back to Christ). Well, since posting that, I now do not believe my relationship with my boyfriend is actually going to last as I want to break up with him so I no longer feel counseling is necessary. I'm also unsure that I want counseling for the spiritual warfare concerns I posted about previously as well especially due to the reasons I've mentioned. Please pray that I will have wisdom in knowing how to tell my pastor that I no longer want counseling for these things. Thank you.
 
We hear your heart and the weight you’ve been carrying, spiritual warfare, relational strain, and the fear of further entanglement in situations that leave you feeling vulnerable. First, we want to affirm that your desire to protect your peace and walk in wisdom is godly. The enemy seeks to isolate and discourage, but Scripture reminds us, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control" (2 Timothy 1:7). You are not alone in this battle, and your caution is not unfounded.

Your mention of breaking off the relationship with your boyfriend is significant. While we don’t know the specifics, we must gently but firmly address the biblical framework for such relationships. If this courtship was not pursued with marriage as the goal, or if it involved intimacy outside of marriage, then ending it is not only wise but necessary. The Lord calls us to flee from sexual immorality (1 Corinthians 6:18) and to pursue relationships that honor Him. If this relationship was not aligned with His will, then this decision may be an act of obedience. "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" (2 Corinthians 6:14) is a principle that extends beyond marriage to all close partnerships. If your boyfriend is not a believer, or if the relationship was not moving toward a godly marriage, then this separation may be the Lord’s protection.

As for the spiritual warfare you’ve described, we are deeply concerned by the patterns you’ve observed, people acting "weird" or negatively toward you when you share your struggles. This could indeed be the enemy’s work, but we must also examine whether the way you’ve shared these burdens has inadvertently opened doors to confusion or spiritual contamination. Ephesians 4:29 warns, "Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but such as is good for building up as the need may be, that it may give grace to those who hear." Have you shared details that might overwhelm or implicate others in ways that invite spiritual attack? Even well-meaning believers can become entangled if we’re not careful with our words. This is not to blame you, but to encourage discernment in how you engage others in these battles.

Now, regarding your pastor and the counseling you no longer wish to pursue: wisdom dictates that you communicate your decision clearly and respectfully, but without fear. You are not obligated to continue counseling if you believe it is no longer beneficial or if you sense ungodly influences at play. "Test the spirits to see whether they are from God" (1 John 4:1). If you’ve observed patterns of unnatural negativity or spiritual interference through your pastor or church members, it is right to step back and seek the Lord’s guidance first. You might say something like, "After much prayer, I’ve decided to pause our counseling sessions for now as I seek clarity from the Lord on these matters." You do not owe a lengthy explanation, but you do owe it to yourself to guard your heart and spiritual well-being.

We must also address a critical point: your original post did not mention the name of Jesus, and this is not a small matter. It is only through Christ that we have access to the Father (John 14:6), and there is no other name by which we are saved (Acts 4:12). If you have not yet surrendered your life fully to Him, repenting of sin, believing in His death and resurrection, and committing to follow Him, then spiritual warfare will always feel like an uphill battle. The enemy has no power over those who are in Christ, but outside of Him, we are vulnerable. If you have not made this decision, we urge you to do so today. "If you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9).

Let us pray for you now:

Heavenly Father, we come before You in the mighty name of Jesus, the Name above all names. Lord, we lift up our sister who is feeling overwhelmed and uncertain. You see the spiritual battles she’s facing, the fear of entanglement, and the weight of decisions before her. We ask that You would fill her with Your peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7). Give her wisdom as she navigates these conversations with her pastor, and let no fear or intimidation hold her back from doing what is right.

Lord, we break every assignment of the enemy against her life in Jesus’ name. We declare that no weapon formed against her shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17), and that every tongue that rises against her in judgment, she will condemn. We pray for clarity and discernment, that she would know Your voice above all others (John 10:27). If this relationship with her boyfriend was not of You, we thank You for closing that door and ask that You heal any wounds and redirect her heart toward Your will for a godly spouse.

Father, we ask that You would expose any ungodly influences in her life, whether in her family, her church, or her own heart, and that You would cleanse her of any contamination from past involvement in the new age. Wash her with the blood of Jesus and renew her mind with Your Word (Romans 12:2). Surround her with believers who will speak truth, pray with power, and stand with her in faith.

Most of all, Lord, we pray that she would draw near to You. If she has not fully surrendered to Jesus as Lord, we ask that You would convict her heart and lead her to salvation. Let her know the security of being hidden in Christ, where no weapon of the enemy can touch her (Colossians 3:3). Fill her with Your Holy Spirit, that she may walk in boldness, wisdom, and victory.

We thank You, Father, that You are her refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1). We trust You to lead her, protect her, and restore her joy. In the powerful name of Jesus we pray, Amen.

You are not alone in this. The Lord sees your struggle and is fighting for you. Lean on Him, trust His timing, and do not be afraid to set boundaries that protect your spiritual health. If you need further guidance, seek out a trusted, mature believer who can pray with you and help you walk through this season. The enemy wants you to feel isolated, but God’s Word says, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). Stand firm, sister. The battle is already won.
 
May God in Jesus' name answer your prayer request according to God's perfect love, wisdom, will, timing, grace, and mercy. God is so in love with you. Be Encouraged!

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.


🙏Prayer Focus: God, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. God, I ask You in Jesus’ name please bless me with everything that I stand in need of and everything You want me to have. God bless me to prosper, walk in excellent health, and never stop growing in the love, grace, wisdom, and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God bless me to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, soul, body, and strength and never fall out of love with You. God, bless me to have an ever growing closer stronger, more intimate relationship with You. Bless me with the love, desire, strength, and the spirit of obedience to always delight myself in You, seek first Your kingdom, Your righteousness, and to always respect and obey You. Bless me to know You, so that I can trust You with all my heart, acknowledge You in all my ways, and lean not to my own understanding. Bless me with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding in all You have called me to do.

God heal me in every area of my life. Deliver and cleanse me of everything in my life that doesn't honor You. Transform and renew my mind. Bless me with love, power, and a sound mind. Let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in me. Bless me to have and operate with a God-conscious-solution-focused-heart-mind-spirit-and-attitude. Bless me to have a God Kingdom Culture Mentality. God be with me as a mighty warrior. Let no weapon formed against me prosper. Protect me from all the plans of my enemies and the plans of the enemy of my soul. God, all that I have asked of You, in this prayer, please do the same for the writer of the prayer, all those who love and care about me, and all those I love and care about. God, please forever honor this prayer over each of our lives. God Thank You. Amen, so be it by faith, and by faith, it is so
. Prayer written by The Encourager-Prayer Warrior-Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach. www.theencourager.net

Heal Me Lord Jesus Spirit, Soul, And Body​

 
We are so grateful you entrusted us with your heavy burden and allowed us to stand with you in prayer during this season of spiritual warfare. Your honesty about the turmoil in your family, the weight of seeking counsel, and the delicate balance of sharing your struggles without drawing others into the battle touched our hearts deeply.

As you navigate this shift—choosing to step back from counseling for both the spiritual warfare and your relationship—we continue to lift you up, asking the Lord for wisdom, clarity, and peace. May He guide your words and your heart as you communicate with your pastor, and may He shield you from any further entanglement in the enemy’s schemes. We pray for discernment to know when to speak, when to wait, and when to simply rest in God’s protection.

If the Lord has already moved in ways you can see, we would love to celebrate His faithfulness with you. If the path ahead still feels uncertain, we are here to keep praying, believing that He will make your steps sure. Whatever comes next, we stand with you, trusting that Christ has already won the victory.

May His peace guard your heart and mind, and may His presence be your strength in every moment. We pray all these things in Jesus’ mighty name.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

About a week or so ago, I requested counseling from my pastor about spiritual warfare that involves my mother's family (and other family members as well) which has been causing turmoil in my life for years. Although I know the pastor and elders are there for congregants to get spiritual guidance...
Replies
12
Views
170
New cars Removal from YMA debt counseling
Replies
5
Views
92
Inexpensive, Secure Accommodations — Medium Stay, Tidy up Loose Ends, New Processes Started, Longer Term Place, Counseling & University… Heavenly father, you know my needs before I ask. I asked for a seamless, safe travel and ability to have my car recovered and a longer term place to get some...
Replies
8
Views
213
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,025
Messages
16,794,500
Members
649,586
Latest member
Aereiroinsil

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom