Welcome to PrayerRequest.com!   Click Here to Post or Reply to a Prayer Request.   If you already have an account, Click Here to Sign In.

Please Pray For Me. I'm Going To Court Tommorow.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 seanmchugh.info_*guest*

seanmchugh.info_*guest*

Posted September 06, 2010 - 5:16 PM

Hi, first of all you should know that I do not consider myself to be of any religion but I do still pray in times of need or when I am scared. I remember the Bible verse that said God detests the prayers of the wicked and well... I'm probably wicked. I ask for your prayers though because this is about my daughter.

My gf and I have a daughter, Evalynn. We split up two months ago. We had a fight when we split up. It was an equal fight. In other words no one side was crazy enough to do something the other would not do. We basically threw stuff at each other. Well she went to court and got a restraining order against me. She didn't get it because she is afraid of me. She got it so she could look like a poor abused woman when we go to the custody hearings. I assure you she is not. I've never hit her. I'm not an abusive person. I'm a very good dad. But with her being a woman the court system believes everything she says when it comes to "domestic violence" situations. I could not afford to hire a lawyer and I got taken to the cleaners at the trial. She was heavily rewarded and I was heavily punished. It was an EQUAL fight. She got this TPO to try and hurt me and so she would have a leg up in the custody hearing (btw I am only asking for joint custody).

Tomorrow at 10:30AM EST we do the appeal case. I'm absolutely terrified because I now know how the court system is. I have been practicing my presentation to the Judge but this is one of those times in your life when you really need the prayers. It's almost like saying I need a miracle.

Friends, tomorrows case we have life-long repercussions. If I cannot successfully appeal this she will probably get full custody. She is not a good mom. I am a good dad and I am trying to make sure that my daughter grows up right. If she wins tomorrow it will be like a maniac raising my daughter. Tomorrow might be the single most important day in my daughter’s life in terms of decisions that affect her development.

I'm not an abusive person. Please pray that the judge will lift this TPO. Thank you. I love every one of you that prays with sincerity.

Here is a couple movies of my daughter and I. You can also see more if you view my YouTube channel

Do you have a prayer request or reply? Click Here to Post Your Prayer Request or Reply

#2 carlo_*guest*

carlo_*guest*

Posted September 06, 2010 - 6:56 PM

i pray together with sean for a quick and just resolution to this
Do you have a prayer request or reply? Click Here to Post Your Prayer Request or Reply

#3 Sean_*guest*

Sean_*guest*

Posted September 06, 2010 - 7:31 PM

thank you

#4 Sean_*guest*

Sean_*guest*

Posted September 07, 2010 - 12:17 PM

To everyone that prayed for me thank you from the bottom of my heart. I won the case. I could not afford to park in a lot and my car sat on the street for over an hour past the expired time and I did not get a ticket. This has been a very 'lucky' day.

I also believe my older brother, Casey, who had a very experience in life was there watching over me. To every one of you thank you so much. This was so important and it actually worked out.

What now? I'm getting ready to take her out on a paddle boat at the park. Thank you. You have my deepest appreciation.

#5 Sean_*guest*

Sean_*guest*

Posted September 07, 2010 - 12:18 PM

*very similiar experience

Similar Prayer Requests

Request Title Posted By Date Posted Replies