Welcome to PrayerRequest.com!   Click Here to Post or Reply to a Prayer Request.   If you already have an account, Click Here to Sign In.

Please lift me up in Prayer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 HOPE_*guest*

HOPE_*guest*

Posted September 05, 2009 - 9:17 AM

Hello Prayer Family,

I feel down today (mostly uncertain) and feel the need for prayer in a big way...This is going to be one long, lonely weekend for me, I can tell already.

I've lost my job, I have a support hearing concerning my estranged husband on Wednesday and I am afraid to learn what lies and manipulations await for me at that hearing, and I am unsure about myself, my confidence and my worthiness concerning an unspoken request.

I feel ( too bad we just can't stop our feelings, right? :-) ) like everything in my life is uncertain and out of control right now. I also feel lonely since most of my social circle involved my co-workers. And I feel lonely for a companion, a person that loves me and helps me grow in mind, body and spirit. A person that shares my beliefs and a person that I can trust with my heart....

I'm feeling sad about the fact that my marriage is at it's end. I feel like a failure. I don't really have a home and since I devoted my life to my family I have not built a career for myself also--and all of these feelings contribute to my loneliness. I don't feel as if I really have anything to offer a partner right now and feel unworthy of that sort of loving companionship.

I pray that I am able to use this "down-time" this weekend productively. I ask in prayer that I stay focused on some tasks that are meaningful and help get me ready for future personal growth. I want to focus on prayer, finding a place of inner peace, catching up on my reading, cathching up on my writing, working on my resume, registering for all of the job search sites available and working out my mind, body and spirit. I want to enjoy spending time with myself. I also want to spend some time just relaxing in the sun and walking my dog.

Father, grant me insight as I contemplate which steps I need to take in my life at this point to achieve the type of life that You have planned for me, that I am worthy of as one of Your children. Help me to stay focused on the positives in my situation and to not be influences by negative thoughts, ideas or people---guide me to avoid bad influences.

I know Father, that this situation is just a temporary stop on my way to a better future. I know that better things, situations and people are coming into my life soon---and LOVE..... I will experience the love that I seek with a male companion that will help me grow in ways that I never thought possible and I will do the same for him---I know that You are grooming me for this situation as I spend this time in loneliness. This time is temporary, this is not forever---it is meant to be a period of growth and self discovery.

I know that by the end of the month, I will look back on this time and wonder why I felt such confusion and doubt. I KNOW You are with me, Father. That even right now, as I am coming from what I perceive as a place of "lack" that You will meet all of my needs....I KNOW deep down that I am getting excatly what I NEED right now in this situation, although it is not what I WANT to experience. You are a loving Father and You teach us what we need to learn when we need to learn it---that is what we NEED.

Thank You Father for all that You do for me.........
Do you have a prayer request or reply? Click Here to Post Your Prayer Request or Reply

Posted September 05, 2009 - 9:28 AM

Heavenly Father, Abba, You are Jehovah Gibor...the God of might. You strengthened King David, Mary, Elijah, Deborah the prophet, Rahab the harlot, Abraham, Sarah, and Jesus Our Messiah in their darkest hours. You brought them all into Your Light and gave them unmitigated, unvarnished, absolute victory over all circumstances; they brought the Kingdom of Heaven with them everywhere they went, even when darkness looked absolute or when they didn't know about it. Grant HOPE victory, LORD: grant her Your Presence, give her a strong taste of the Kingdom of Heaven this weekend. Lift up her heart, and encourage her, and let her know that Thou Art With Her! In accordance with Your Will, and for Your greater glory. In the Almighty Name of Yeshua ben Yoseph of Nazareth, the Lamb of God and the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. Amen!
Do you have a prayer request or reply? Click Here to Post Your Prayer Request or Reply

#3 SinglemomV

SinglemomV
  • 8,117 posts

Posted September 05, 2009 - 9:54 AM

Lord, I lift Hope to you just now. You know her heart Lord, and you know what is best above all others, Give her your guidance and strength Lord.
Lord, I am in agreement to these prayers, In Jesus Name Amen

#4 cesar00

cesar00
  • 2,425 posts

Posted September 05, 2009 - 11:26 AM

Dear Jesus bless Your servant Hope, even in the situation she is in she looks to You in hope and with the love and apprecaition that comes from a true Christian and sister. Let her see the light Dear Jesus, open her heart and mind so she may understand what You want her to do, let her know she is not alone You are with her, we are with her in this moment of loneliness and depression. Bring good people close to her, let her meet people fearful of You, God loving people, if it is Your will Dear Lord show her the way to a new life with new friend swho will appreciate her for what is in her and not about her. Dear Lord protect her in this hearing she shall have, quiet the devils mouth Dear Jesus, make his lies and deceits be seen by all participating in this hearing, let Your Holy justice prevail, may all see Your precense in Hope's life and may Your angels protect her from all evil. Thank you Lord Jesus, in You we trust.

#5 dion

dion
  • 4,878 posts

Posted September 05, 2009 - 12:41 PM

Lord, i lay Hope and all her faears at your feet and her needs to take care of.......in jesus name amen

Posted September 05, 2009 - 6:27 PM

Dear Lord,

I lift up Hope to you tonight. I pray that you will put your loving arm around our sister in faith and let her know the Master's in control. Open up the gates of Heaven and Pour out a financial and spritual blessing for her to sutain her until she finishes school. The spiritual blessing will protect her from all evil while laying ground work for a one way ticket to heaven. We pray these things in the name of the Holy Trinity. Amen

Posted September 05, 2009 - 7:45 PM

Dear Lord,
Be so close to our dear sister Hope right now! Put Your big Daddy arms around her, and fill her with hope and peace. Let her know we all care about her, and know good things are coming for her. Help upgird her heart right now. Fill her with comfidence in You. Let her know how wonderful You made her, Lord! Give her a little picture of You forming her before she was born. Let her see how much Your heart of love delights in her!May You fellowship with her these 3 days. Let her know Your Daddy-heart feels lonely for her.Bless her beyond her wildest dreams, I pray. In Jesus' Name.

Similar Prayer Requests

Request Title Posted By Date Posted Replies