Very Sick Alcoholic Asking For Help

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goldengirl3

Please pray for my friend Charlie who has asked me for help. He is a very sick alcoholic and is no longer functional. He is afraid to get help because of what his friends and people at work will think. His doctor says he has two years left to live. I offered to take him to detox but he is afraid. Please pray for him.

Oh god,it is so tragic when one of your children are lost to addiction,god please do not let this man Charlie fall into satans hands,do not allow him victory lord not this time,grant him, and place into his heart wisdom so that he might understand what must be done.Heal his body father as well,for all these things can be done in a instant by your working handsIn Jesus name. AMen.God bless u!

Dear Lord, Please give Charlie the courage he lacks. Help him to seek help. Help him to draw near to You, to no longer worry about what anyone things except for You. Help him to learn to lean on Jesus Christ, our Rock, who will never fail us. Redeem the years he has lost as he enters a time of recovery and deliverance from this addiction. Show him the way. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Heavenly Father, I pray that you will make a way for Charlie to overcome and be delivered from alcoholism. I pray that Charlie will be drawn to you for help and that he will find the cleansing, restoration and healing that he needs at the foot of your cross, in Jesus name, amen!

"Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin." (Rom. 6:6,7)

"Who is own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." (1 Pet. 2:24)

I pray that Charlie Be encouraged, for things often seem darkest just before the dawn! That is especially true for Christians. But we can walk boldly in our faith and believe that the Lord not only knows our needs, but has truly made provision for them (Matthew 6:25-34, II Corinthians 5:7, I John 5:14-15).

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Lord i command away the spirit of fear and alcoholism away from charlie's life. U are the gentle God, so please keep him under u'r wings of protection and help him get rid of those stuffs. Charlie is precious to u God, so please bless his heart with the understanding that u want to work in him and for him. Help him not fear about what others think and say but enable him to receive the new life that u have in store for him. May he have healthy relations with people around him and help him live in love and appreciation. In the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Father, I join in prayer for Charlie and lift him before Your throne of mercy and grace. Give him the courage and self respect to fight this addiction for himself, and for Your glory. It matters not what the world thinks of him. I pray that he would become a man after Your own heart, full of purpose and blessing. Grant him willpower and strength to break this addiction and begin his new life in You. In Jesus' name, amen.

I'm on it! The Lord Jesus will be walking with Charlie! May his improvement be swift, and the rest of his life be happy and joyful! Amen, and AMEN!

Thank you all so much for your prayers! Charlie's family is in town this weekend to try to get him to rehab. This is truly the answer to prayer. Please everyone pray for their success!! Thank you all so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom