Isaiah 48:10 - Morning Devotional for Mar. 3rd

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

"I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction."

Isaiah 48:10

Morning Thought

Comfort thyself, tried believer, with this thought: God saith, "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." Does not the word come like a soft shower, assuaging the fury of the flame? Yea, is it not an asbestos armour, against which the heat hath no power? Let affliction come-God has chosen me. Poverty, thou mayst stride in at my door, but God is in the house already, and he has chosen me. Sickness, thou mayst intrude, but I have a balsam ready-God has chosen me. Whatever befalls me in this vale of tears, I know that he has "chosen" me. If, believer, thou requirest still greater comfort, remember that you have the Son of Man with you in the furnace. In that silent chamber of yours, there sitteth by your side One whom thou hast not seen, but whom thou lovest; and ofttimes when thou knowest it not, he makes all thy bed in thy affliction, and smooths thy pillow for thee. Thou art in poverty; but in that lovely house of thine the Lord of life and glory is a frequent visitor. He loves to come into these desolate places, that he may visit thee. Thy friend sticks closely to thee. Thou canst not see him, but thou mayst feel the pressure of his hands. Dost thou not hear his voice? Even in the valley of the shadow of death he says, "Fear not, I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God." Remember that noble speech of Caesar: "Fear not, thou carriest Caesar and all his fortune." Fear not, Christian; Jesus is with thee. In all thy fiery trials, his presence is both thy comfort and safety. He will never leave one whom he has chosen for his own. "Fear not, for I am with thee," is his sure word of promise to his chosen ones in the "furnace of affliction." Wilt thou not, then, take fast hold of Christ, and say-
"Through floods and flames, if Jesus lead,
I'll follow where he goes."

Ⓒ 1996-2019 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. Written by Charles H. Spurgeon.
czgPqVKNg-k

Continue reading...

We must look deeply into the affliction God has sent to us. Sometimes it is for our own good, sometimes it is to look to Jesus for help cometh from Him. Even in the midst of trials and all kinds of affliction we can experience joy and peace sent to us by the Lord.

Whatever our circomstance in life, we must and should choose God above and beyond our understanding. It is Him who will deliver us from the hand of the devil. In Him our trust should lay.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
"With lovingkindness have I drawn thee." —Jeremiah 31:3 Morning Thought The thunders of the law and the terrors of judgment are all used to bring us to Christ; but the final victory is effected by lovingkindness. The prodigal set out to his father's house from a sense of need; but his father...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah. —Jeremiah 2:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Let's focus on a straightforward concept today. We must worship...
Replies
Views
  • Article
"Now we have received ... the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." —1 Corinthians 2:12 Evening Thought Dear reader, have you received the spirit which is of God, wrought by the Holy Ghost in your soul? The necessity of the work of the Holy...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What does the New Testament say about anxiety? 2 Timothy 1:7 reads, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” John 14:27 talks about the peace that God can give. In it, it says, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
We are no longer strangers but a chosen generation who will continue to lift our voice to Jesus in praise, adoration and will continue to sing glorious songs to His holy name. His saving grace and mercy reaches to everyone who comes to Him with a humble heart and obeys His word. Celebrate...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom